linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apologies in advance for this:

The NPCs now make Minsc-meat of you.
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by akromatik View Post

Hey guys, just letting you know that in these areas, players are also scaled to level 70. Also, the content from 60-70 is much more difficult than the rest of the game, so we recommend bringing friends when heading out to do the more dangerous excursions. If you feel that the enemies are are so strong that they're broken, please let us know exactly which ones and we can take a look and make sure everything is working as intended.

The problem is not the monsters, the problem is players are not scaled up to lvl 70, but more like down to lvl 58 and expected to fight lvl 71 monsters. When they say scaling up to lvl 70, but instead of making your char weaker instead of stronger you can call that scaling down or bug scaling. Your scaled up to 70 character cannot have less % stats than when you are lvl 60, thus become weaker instead of stronger ! Example; when you are scaled now on current state of the game all your stats decrease instead of increasing - crit chance, dmg reduction, ls %, etc - all except HP are going down instead of up to lvl 70 appropriate amounts. Just look at it yourself - mouse over your stats to see what percentage they give you, then enter any campaign daily quest dungeon to see every monster going up to lvl 71, but you going down to lvl 58-59 power instead of lvl 70 power, now fight mobs 12 lvl higher than you. Mouse over again your and see - stat point for crit, power,def, etc have somewhat double amount only on "paper", but they give you way less % power then were you are normal lvl 60-61. That new feature must be called scaling down bug or something while numbers look like lvl 70 on your screen ! :D Something like optical illusion - we tell you, your char is scaled to lvl 70, but inside/behind the scenes you are way weaker than before. How pathetic is this bug producing execution of scaling model !
    xginocidex wrote: »
    All the end game areas had there levels increased to 70. So you have to level up in the new areas. You are suppose to be scaled up to level 70 if you enter those areas but its a challenge since you have level 60 gear. Go to PE to start the new content to start leveling up.
    It's not the gear fault - your gear do not change when you enter scaling zone, but your char power goes down giving you way less % for every stat point which is = to weakening you instead of bolstering you !!! Look it up yourself - see how all your % powers go down instantly after supposed "scaling up".
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For those of us that are staying in the game, it is going to be a lot of repeating, "Those areas are for level 70 now, don't go there, go here first".

We shouldn't have to do that. Whatever gripes we have aside, many of us are still playing this game, and want it to succeed. So to that end we have to explain to people what is going on in forum and in game. Because we don't want people to jump in those old areas and then just log and not come back. That is what is happening.

Most people do not read the dev blogs or the forums or any nwo website or even their in game email. "Something from cryptic oh a promotion or something, bleh, I won;t read it I wanna get my next boon in DR...oh wait wtf so hard...(logs off).."

Just gate those areas behind level 70 already before everyone quits.
  • Options
    blckkntsblckknts Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    running solo on this game seems to be a thing of the past
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blckknts wrote: »

I've been levelling alone from 60 to 66 in the new zones, then, what am I, a relic; a zombie?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just gate those areas behind level 70 already before everyone quits.

This would have been sensible. Clear boundaries. I guess they wanted it both ways. Can't take it away from you but can't let you succeed there either.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I've been levelling alone from 60 to 66 in the new zones, then, what am I, a relic; a zombie?

M6 Neverwinter in a nutshell.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    witokah wrote: »
    I noticed that my gear which was 9613 yesterday is now reduced to only 942 today! Anyone else having problems with difficult
    NPC's?

There is no longer "gearscore." It was replaced by "gear level." Each item has a "value." Add all items together and, viola, you get your gear level! I like it much better!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The problem is not the monsters, the problem is players are not scaled up to lvl 70, but more like down to lvl 58 and expected to fight lvl 71 monsters. When they say scaling up to lvl 70, but instead of making your char weaker instead of stronger you can call that scaling down or bug scaling. Your scaled up to 70 character cannot have less % stats than when you are lvl 60, thus become weaker instead of stronger ! Example; when you are scaled now on current state of the game all your stats decrease instead of increasing - crit chance, dmg reduction, ls %, etc - all except HP are going down instead of up to lvl 70 appropriate amounts. Just look at it yourself - mouse over your stats to see what percentage they give you, then enter any campaign daily quest dungeon to see every monster going up to lvl 71, but you going down to lvl 58-59 power instead of lvl 70 power, now fight mobs 12 lvl higher than you. Mouse over again your and see - stat point for crit, power,def, etc have somewhat double amount only on "paper", but they give you way less % power then were you are normal lvl 60-61. That new feature must be called scaling down bug or something while numbers look like lvl 70 on your screen ! :D Something like optical illusion - we tell you, your char is scaled to lvl 70, but inside/behind the scenes you are way weaker than before. How pathetic is this bug producing execution of scaling model !

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I had no trouble with any of the true solo quests - they seemed to be scaled ok. Granted, my main is a TR, but I had less trouble with the Mod 6 content than I did when I was new to IWD (when IWD was scaled to level 60).

Now if you tried to mess around in IWD, then you will definitely get owned if you are not near level 70 with comparable gear.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    linaduin wrote: »
    This would have been sensible. Clear boundaries. I guess they wanted it both ways. Can't take it away from you but can't let you succeed there either.

I think getting leveled in about 2 seconds in a battle is a pretty clear boundary. This is how lots of RPGs work. The monsters are the limits, not some arbitrary number.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think getting leveled in about 2 seconds in a battle is a pretty clear boundary. This is how lots of RPGs work. The monsters are the limits, not some arbitrary number.

As overdriver13 explained, it's the sort of "very suddenly in your face" boundary that prompts you to play a different game.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So the QQ crowds got it their way. Back to killing stuff in 1-2s again after the patch. That's boring. I was thinking module 6 was a good opportunity to be back into the game, now I'm not sure I'm going to stay, if cryptic is unable to make challenging and interesting content.
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    linaduin wrote: »
    As overdriver13 explained, it's the sort of "very suddenly in your face" boundary that prompts you to play a different game.

Wow, really? You die and your first reaction is to say, well time to uninstall, instead of, well maybe I shouldn't be here yet.
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. I had no trouble with any of the true solo quests - they seemed to be scaled ok. Granted, my main is a TR, but I had less trouble with the Mod 6 content than I did when I was new to IWD (when IWD was scaled to level 60).

Now if you tried to mess around in IWD, then you will definitely get owned if you are not near level 70 with comparable gear.

I am not talking about monsters being too strong or anything in that line, or not even specific area, but for "scaling" mechanic in general for all campaign quest dungeons/zones. Server is "Unable to authenticate" now so i can't give you exact numbers, but as i said you can see it yourself. Just go to any campaign daily quest dungeon (like Miner problem in Ice Peak), look at your stat before entering - let's say crit strike. Now let's say you see 3000 points and when you mouse over you see that much points contribute 18% towards your overall crit chance. Now let's say you have that at normal lvl 61 - click to enter that daily quest and look again at the same stat to see something like 7000 point that contribute only 13 % ! Almost every stat you have go down like that except HP which goes up. So basically as normal lvl 61 outside you are stronger than when you are "scaled up"(looks more like scaled down) to lvl 70 inside.

Edit: server is back online and i can quote real numbers for some real lvl 61 char how is "bolstered" down instead of up as they intended.
    Did only the easiest experiment normal lvl 61 char in PE vs port to Sharandar bugged "bolstering" to lvl 70
    Normal lvl 61 power 3987 points give 23% dmg bonus -> bugged scaling to lvl 70 in other side 4633 points give you only 11.6 % // Crit strike normal 3682 give you 19,2 % -> 4293 = only 10,7% // Recovery normal 2152 give 22,8 % -> after bugged scaling 2620 = only 13,1% // Def normal 1505 gives 7,8% dmg reduction -> bugged on other side 1840 gives only 4.6 % // Life S 493 gives 2,6% -> and again more points 560 gives less 1,4 %
    Is this looking to any of you as bolstering up to lvl 70 appropriate levels !? To me is weakening your char by 33-50 %, while the say "scaling up" and put the number 70 in top left corner = effectively drop all your power to something like lvl 50 and make fight lvl 71 mobs. This is against any logic, so must be really bugged and not working as intended. Or scaling up to 70 is a complete lie = scaling down in reality !
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blckknts wrote: »

And for people who have little or no other option but to solo or attempt to join a party of people who just might use you as fodder in their questing, that's one reason I expect to play (and spend) much less than I had previously.
    DD~
  • Options
    cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Granted, my main is a TR, but I had less trouble with the Mod 6 content than I did when I was new to IWD (when IWD was scaled to level 60).

You could never access IWD before level 60, so no scaling was done prior to Module 6.
    Wow, really? You die and your first reaction is to say, well time to uninstall, instead of, well maybe I shouldn't be here yet.

Other than the automatic and silent bolstering, it's not made clear to players that the campaigns are now level 70 content. They log on, do their daily routine, get completely wrecked, and become incredibly frustrated with Cryptic for making previously easy content impossible rather than more challenging.

They don't realize that it's the new endgame content and that it's intended for level 70 characters. They just see it as Cryptic being incredibly incompetent at properly balancing difficulty.

There needs to be some kind of warning for under-leveled characters; a "content difficulty" warning similar to the warning that a level 20 character would get when entering, say, The Chasm. This warning should bring attention to the fact that, yes, you are being bolstered to level 70, but your best chance of success here is to group up with other players.
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Modern games typically have an indicator that the quest you about to embark upon is intended for a group, or above your current character level. So, not wanting to play a game where you have to figure out everything by trial and error, is understandable, when there are other games that do that.
  • Options
    alteretulalteretul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is no longer fun. I did spend money here. I won't anymore. I've played for over a year, did every boring repetitive task over and over, put up with spammers and a crappy gateway, just trying to releave a little stress after a long workday.

Screw this. I quit.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i can post all my 7 characters( all old classes) with thaymatourgic stones from sharandar weekly quest arcane reservoir only my wizard is bis.others was 13k to 15k before the patch.from all classes only warlock suffered.warlock need buff to his defensive mechanic.

the most easy and fast was cw-tr-gwf-hr-dc
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Except that's not going to happen. Entire teams cannot, and will not, be laid idle just "to work on bugs", and you'd also have the complaints of "why nothing new?" Bugs are fixed when priorities allow, and when the team responsible for that particular aspect of the game (for instance, a character artist isn't going to work on battle mechanics, and vice versa--their skillsets are NOT interchangeable) can have it coded, tested, and ready to patch. It's also a matter of whether the resources are available to fix said bugs.

There's also the not-trivial fact that new content is planned months in advance. While we were complaining about everything running up to mod 6, the dev team would have been working on things for module 8 and beyond.

It isn't what people want to hear, but it's the cold truth of development.

And the colder truth is that this way of sloppy development/management leads to an empty server,a sharp decline in profits and in the end the company either changes its way of doing things or goes bankrupt.At least thats the way i see it.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My two main characters used to be moderately strong before the Elemental Evil release, and now both are are pathetically weak. I thought EE was supposed to improve game play. It hasn't for me.

I have spent over $500 over the past 12 months on my characters, and now that all seems for nothing. Give me one good reason why I should keep playing Neverwinter.

As for joining a group... I have never been one for exploring Neverwinter as part of a group and do not see why I should start now. Neverwinter should cater to the lone wolves such as me, and not just to those players who wish to play as part of a group. It worked pre-EE. Why shouldn't it work now?

A good example of the strong-to-weak change is my L60 GWF. In the WoD/Drake Pen, it has taken my character a while for it to be able to make it to the end-boss of the Drake Pen without dying, and it still died once every few rounds with the end-Boss (pre-EE). Now I cannot get it past the second group of opponents without dying. 3 tries, 3 deaths. The so-called L70 combat scaling is not working.

As for my other character, a L60 TR, it has taken that character a while to be able to stand up to a Dire Polar Bear/Regular Polar Bear pair. Post-EE, it looses 90% of its health from just one swipe of the Dire Polar Bear's paw. Something is terribly wrong with the EE release.

This game is no longer fun for me because it looks like there is no chance of my characters advancing any further.

Dev Team: Please bring back the old battle code!

I feel terribly sorry for you, but I am in no different position, I am new to this a month old perhaps. I lvled up my HR fast enough to reach Lvl 60+ (currently running 66) and found that all the interesting stuff now lies elsewhere, Dread Ring, Sharandar, Icewind Dale is all but death zones for me now. I did not got into any campaign zone before EE released and now I can't even give a proper headstart. All I have ended up with is those silly green lvl stuff from EE quests, which are not helpful for even killing the EE rogues, let alone campaign ones. I can't compete until I finish those quest lines and gather the epic items from there, also I can't proceed in those quest line until I group up and I liked playing solo for so long. So technically there is nothing much left for me in this. I now believe that maybe if I have invested my time and money in Elder Scrolls online, I would have been satisfied.
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gman118 wrote: »
    Just wait for cult prison boss, some of the guys are brutally strong now

I tried to solo it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok...

I PvP'd my butt off yesterday(LOL... find the pun) due to the fact that the Seals were available again. I have decided tht I will split my time between GG and Dom. Why?

Because GG gives more Glory.

That is besides the point. All that work allowed me to get my 3rd piece of Grimwear, not the best, but it works for now. That combined with my new MH and OH, which have been leveled to blue...

I found that mobs were not as devastating to my person... having finished up my Spinward quests to get my artifact weapons.

That WAS until I went to do some quests and PvP in IWD. It took me 15 minutes to kill enough Yeti for the horns. It may not seem like long time, but I was in that cave and just as I was done killing 2 of them... the other 2 re-spawned. It was a good thing they were not Trolls... or I would still be there.

Before that I ran all 3 zones of Shar, including arcane res, with a guildie... and it seemed rather nice. Could either of us solo'd the content maybe if we were careful. I see that with a little increase in iLvl, I am @ 1900, that soloing these areas is possible.

After all this work and play, I realized that certain places are scaled for a minimum iLvl... as the T1's and T2's seem to be. We did an impromptu MC run... to see if we could utilize the "DC AP Bug" to clear it. We were decimating the mobs... gotta love spamming dailies... until it became too lagadocious for us to continue.

I even ran a VERY laggy Heralds... which started at Green, woo hoo... and we finished after killing all 5, with 1 minute left.

So... despite the lag I am thinking that the mobs may be too intense in certain areas... but perfectly fine in others.

Is the game perfect? By no means, but I see what they have done.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance