What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wow the enemy NPCs are much deadler

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was "concerned" back in mod 3 when they introduced level-61 enemies. Now, with the advent of level-72 and -73 enemies, I'm disappointed -- and dissatisfied, to not put too fine a point on it. Apparently the only available solution for making content "challenging" is to give enemies an unreasonable advantage by inflating their stats. Heaven forbid the AI should get an improvement instead.

"Over-level" enemies was a mistake in mod 3, it was a mistake in mods 4 and 5, and it's a catastrophic mistake in mod 6.

Drop the levels back to 70 and work on the AI, devs.

I'm being totally serious. This idea of over-level enemies was and is a train wreck. Add in no in-combat regen, increased potion cooldown, and harsher stat curves, and a disaster was inevitable. I'm frankly astonished at how tone-deaf the response has been given the avalanche of negative feedback on the preview forums.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm finding campaign zones are a lot more difficult. I don't know if my mod5 gear is not cutting it, or I need to wait until I hit 70, or both.

Very confused at how I am 'supposed' to play this game now.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    beretta249 wrote: »
    One of the things I most liked -note the past tense, about Neverwinter was that at least the run-up to raid content was solo.
    Like Sharandar.
    Sharandar was nice.

Sharandar is now different.
    Sharandar is now group content.

Change it back.

If you think Sharandar is bad, you should see Dread Ring. Whatever you might suspect, trust me, it's worse.

I can't imagine what would possess ANYONE to think that it might be fun. The sad part is, they were warned. The feedback on the preview forums was crystal clear that they were about to make an enormous mistake.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    boogieman2kboogieman2k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the main problem is that we are trying to play those maps with gear that used to worked there. Now that they become the new end-game maps so obviously our gear is ten times worse. I think they should reworked those maps so with your level 60 gear you can play them and the new maps you need to play them with new gear. But God forbid they admit they were wrong with this new mod.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If your lvl 60 has decent gears (like 15k gs before mod 6), you can still solo Sharanda or Dread Ring quite easily. The only thing is that it takes more time to solo the lair bosses.

Mobs indeed hit much harder than before but you just need to manage to avoid their red circles. Once you get lvl 70 gears, everything will be back like before.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    beretta249beretta249 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for moving this thread, btw.
    I hadn't known of this subforum.

And yeah. I like to "be alone in a crowd."
    Grouping is fine for dungeons and raids, but even if it takes longer I just like to adventure alone.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not lvl 70 yet, so I'm going to wait until then to do my complaining. Maybe the gear is strong enough to keep some challenge but does away with being instantly murdered by what used to be the fodder, or maybe we'll have to team up for everything. I'm fine with the former but I personally don't get to do a lot of team content, because I have to be able to AFK without notice and without making people angry. I built my main with soloing in mind, and would be disappointed if I couldn't do the basic stuff without bothering others.

But I think some of us might be getting ahead of ourselves, since there probably aren't many lvl 70 BiS toons around to get a feel for the content and report. Even if there were I would prefer to make my own assessments.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Really now? So the countless posts and threads on preview forum on this issue wasn't enough for you? I suggest you get back there and look trough all the feedback your testers have provided you. And stop mocking us with replies like this.
    Have you not noticed the insane buffs level 70 blue gear gives you? Don't attempt to run end game content when you're the equivilant of level 50.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Really now? So the countless posts and threads on preview forum on this issue wasn't enough for you? I suggest you get back there and look trough all the feedback your testers have provided you. And stop mocking us with replies like this.

Sad to say,that i have to partially agree with that comment.Eventhough i don't think that the Devs are mocking us,the preview feedback from players, should have been more than enough to guarantee that such things wouldn't happen.Mod 6 just launched and i can't even log in due to the "Your connection to log in server timed out" thing. Massive increase in difficulty which excludes players from zones they previously had access to,latency(Rubberbanding),disregard for players whose gear, they spend time and money to get and which is now obsolete,classes-enchantments imbalances and a great number of other bugs, are just a few of the things that got reported again and again.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One of the main things that I really liked about NWN was that I could solo, I didnt mind paying for gear that was only available in dungeon or pvp drops. But now all the work I put into my three characters, getting them to level 60, pushing them through the campaigns, the gear I paid for is wasted. Instead of designing extra areas for level 70 campaigns you just re-did the ones that already were in play. Thanks a lot. This just went from being the best game of this type to a complete mess.
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I could rant or wax lyrical but my feedback is simply this:

The game is now too difficult and is no longer solo-friendly.

Solo-friendly is (was) the core attraction for me and the thing that differentiated NW from its rivals.
    I want some casual gaming, not a crazy struggle to beat each mob.
    I fear you have badly hurt the majority of players in order to appease the vocal minority.

It's just too difficult.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I couldn't agree more. Most of the time I play solo.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    I could rant or wax lyrical but my feedback is simply this:

The game is now too difficult and is no longer solo-friendly.

Solo-friendly is (was) the core attraction for me and the thing that differentiated NW from its rivals.
    I want some casual gaming, not a crazy struggle to beat each mob.
    I fear you have badly hurt the majority of players in order to appease the vocal minority.

It's just too difficult.
    im afraid to say this but i agree its way to hard. just leveling feeld tedious repetitive and insanely hard.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Way to hard and not even logical.

As we were afraid, it did go live as it was. Just to say, how hard it is, i have seen more TRs and CWs sit at campfire, than at a jamboree.

When a few pitiful crabs can 1 shot you, you the Hero of Neverwinter on a normaly OP class, then there are some things wrong.

Devs didn't listen a bit to our feedback, we told them it will be so, they only listened to the whales, who run and have run always in BiS gear, like my favorite hero here on forums, who is already lvl 70 and in has some BiS gear. These people shouldn't be the scale by which the Devs set difficulty!

It isn't logical, cause coming to those crabs for example, i have met some that are actually normal and some in the same instance insanely hard hitting.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Actually the best would have been a second delay or a long maintenance now, even for a few days time, if it has to be, but it would be near to a PR disaster, so it won't happen.

My only hope is that Devs, who didn't listen to our feedback back before launch, will at least get some portion of this rightful ranting and prepare a mega huge patch ASAP in the background.

I also would suggest them to announce a new Mod ASAP too and put more work in it, without any recycled and mixed content, make something like DR was with it's Valindra's Tower or Sharandar with it's Malabog Castle.

Don't wanna go into player numbers, but back then our guilds had more members, which means more customers too!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    I dont want to team up for leveling and dailies, thats SOLO-content. If I wanted to team up, I would do dungeons and Raids.
    I play this game mostly because of its soloability. Screw teaming up.....

Exactly, teaming up for a solo daily is nonsense and where shall i get 10+ players? Had to wait hours long to do that Giant Crab fight. I don't see my nerves strong enough to do this waiting game on all my 7 active toons. Jesus, the king goes alone to do his daily too, he doesn't team up either. LOL old Versailles joke.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder how many are trying to do WoD as level 60, with level 60 gear and complain.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I wonder how many are trying to do WoD as level 60, with level 60 gear and complain.

That is a reasonable thing to try, given that we could do it yesterday, and given that we are supposed to be scaled to the same level as the mobs.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Pay note to the level of the baddies. They made it so enemies more then 2 levels above you will murder you. And the ones in the well of dragons are level 73. Dont expect to roll through that area easily as a level 60, artificially boosted to 70, while still in level 60 gear, and survive.

2 levels is not enough. I assume this is their polite way of forcing us to play Mod 6 content to level up to 70.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just their annoying way of forcing us to play through the mod 6 content. I'll reserve judgement until I hit cap once again.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    i leveled to lvl 70 without dying ONCE ! not even once! It was easy

Sure the mobs hit hard sometimes but it has to be a little challenging. And im not even BiS nor am i a CW. So please for future content, keep it challenging! We love it
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The irony is that if they wanted to make it harder for most players all they had to do was implement the new lifesteal mechanism. That alone would have increased the challenge.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    i leveled to lvl 70 without dying ONCE ! not even once! It was easy

Sure, just avoid the Tiamat encounter, Dread Ring, etc.
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Get to 70. Put on some 70 blue gear from the unicorn vendor. Try again.

Your mod 5 purple BIS is now irrelevant.

You'll need to get the new blues and then run the reworked 70 epic dungeons, and farm the new seals for the new gear.
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The devs *did* say that the new content was much more deadly. The mod 5 BIS crowd just though 'ah, but that doesn't apply to *me*'

It applies to you too. The playing field has been reset. We must now all grind for the new gear.

The BIS is Dead.

Long Live the ( new ) BIS.

Or till Mod 7, anyway....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The devs *did* say that the new content was much more deadly. The mod 5 BIS crowd just though 'ah, but that doesn't apply to *me*'.

actually, the new content is easy. It's the *old* content that's deadly ;)
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure about DR, haven't tried it yet, but while my GWF and DC (lvl 61, epic artifacts and T2 sets) with aprox. 2k item lvl can do something when auto-leveled to 70, my CW with 1400+ (and T1 set) on the other hand, when scaled to 70, die with 3 hits. While I could do solo many stuff with healer as companion, this toon is not pretty dang useless now, unplayable in most zones :(