test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter's Double XP Marathon

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in News & Announcements
Need a boost in leveling up your character in preparation for when we raise the level cap? You'll get that added boost starting today during our Double XP Marathon!

Your characters and companions will level faster than ever! Earn twice as much XP rewards from quests, killing bosses and other in-game activities! Login during this event and make sure you’re prepared for Elemental Evil coming on April 7th!

Double XP Weekend begins: April 2nd, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. PDT (Pacific)

Double XP Weekend ends: April 7th, 2015 at 7:00 A.M. PDT (Pacific)

For more info, check out our blog:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9126133-neverwinter%27s-double-xp-marathon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    great 2x exp ends the day before mod 6 goes live
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soooooo no Respen's marvelous game then. Thanks for putting it on the calendar and giving us false hope....

This is why people complain about lack of communication from you guys. You decide to pull an event that's been on the calendar for a couple of weeks now and don't bother giving us so much as a "hey guys we've decided not to do this event at the current moment, but it'll be back at a later date."
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    great 2x exp ends the day before mod 6 goes live

thats kind of the point.
    they don't want people to be able to rush through 61-70 super quick. thats why it takes almost double the xp 60-70 as it does 1-60. but they DO want people to be able to start the new content right away if they choose, its going to give the new areas high population which in turn means the heorics and other group content in the area will have no shortage of players doing it.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It will enable me to get my last two characters to level 60, so that is a good thing.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At least for me anyhow. Gaining XP isn't a big deal for me. RP on the other hand is a game breaker.
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to pretend that they aren't having a double xp week right before mod 6 release where there's a new class and 10 more levels... because that just wouldn't make sense, except to completely clog the daylights out of the new content they just added, I'm sure some may even feel compelled to purchase things from the zen store too... hmmm, imagine that.
  • salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some still want get they chars to 60 lvl fast.
    Hear silence.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah they do, and I dont blame them... But, it will clog the daylights out of the 60+ areas on release day.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know why I don't like double xp events? Because levelling is a learning experience! People like double xp, that's great, but it doesn't make skilled players. At least i'll be able to level up a couple of pets.
  • pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi guy's A.A here.

What u guys want to say is : thank you Crypt And PWI for the Double EXP.

ya it's funy that it ends right before mod 6. BUT it's something positive in this as well.

EVen if you have a lv 60 already , you can level it to 60 99% and Farm POWER POINTS (since they drop so low ul lv like 3-4 times for lv 60 99%)

So yea , thanks Akro, Crypt ,w/e responsabile for the EXP.

Wont Hurt if you add a double RP as well :)

May the Bacon Bless.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, if you're really well off, you can even manage to unlock a class artifact you don't have yet.

Thayan relics trade for >50k on AH, tough...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    not now thanks
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll be using the XP boost to max a couple of companions.

Do you reckon there is any point in saving overflow XP rewards until after mod 6 launch?
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soooooo no Respen's marvelous game then. Thanks for putting it on the calendar and giving us false hope....

This is why people complain about lack of communication from you guys. You decide to pull an event that's been on the calendar for a couple of weeks now and don't bother giving us so much as a "hey guys we've decided not to do this event at the current moment, but it'll be back at a later date."

This. x4.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You'll get the power points back anyway. Well, the added sweeties are said to become sweeter, but IDK if they'll "level up"...
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Umm...perhaps you might think about this...the double xp was already planned and scheduled before mod 6 got delayed?

Besides really how long does it take to get to 60...not much time.
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »

Do you reckon there is any point in saving overflow XP rewards until after mod 6 launch?

Looking at what they did with HE rewards, odds are your rollover is going to yield exactly what it did before mod 5, not the new mod 6 rewards.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    Looking at what they did with HE rewards, odds are your rollover is going to yield exactly what it did before mod 5, not the new mod 6 rewards.

Ta. Probably just as well as I would not be able to resist clicking the shiny anyway.
    It never occurred to me that you could "save" HE rewards. I always take them ASAP. I worry that they might vanish if I log out, never-mind if I waited for a new mod...
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I'll be using the XP boost to max a couple of companions.

According to preview patch notes last week, or possibly the week before, those rewards won't be upgraded if you save them for mod6, so you might as well just accept them right away.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• lordslaughterlordslaughter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank You for the Double XP event. I want to take this opportunity to say that you guys do a great job. This is the best MMO I have played since WoW Beta (before they watered it down). Your constantly running new events, keep the servers relatively reliable, and allow even the casual gamer to have a shot at getting the best gear (albeit with a lot time spent)...2 things make this game great. 1. As mentioned before, anyone can get the best gear and run any of the content. Not like WoW where you need a million man raid and completely epic out healers and tanks to do any of the end game content. 2. There is always a huge variety of stuff to do. My only complaint as a PvPer... PLEASE ADD MORE PVP CONTENT!! :)

Thanks for the work you put in. Keep it up!
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Meh pretty useless event ... barely makes a difference..

Hope we get x 2RP like week after mod 6 goes live.. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING OF A VALUE.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP is not specifically mentioned as something that will give you 2x xp. Will it?
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2015
    I completed a task that normally gives 25 exp on jewelcrafting profession (during the 2x exp event). I did this task 4 times, and it each time it only gave me 25 exp... not 50 exp as it should from the 2x exp event.

On Akromatik's blog post, it says that it should give 2x exp on professions:

Double XP Weekend begins: April 2nd, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. PDT (Pacific)

Double XP Weekend ends: April 7th, 2015 at 7:00 A.M. PDT (Pacific)

What will grant you double XP in Neverwinter during this event?

- XP gained from killing creatures in game.

- XP gained from professions.

- XP rewards from quests.

- XP rewards from invocation.

- XP rewards from completed Foundry missions.

- Companions will also gain double XP. Even if you are level 60, your companions will continue to gain double XP as you progress through the game.

- *Companions will not receive double XP from Sword Coast Adventures.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2015
    Just thought I would mention this, i'm not getting 2x exp on professions exp:

I completed a task that normally gives 25 exp on jewelcrafting profession (during the 2x exp event). I did this task 4 times, and it each time it only gave me 25 exp... not 50 exp as it should from the 2x exp event.

Do you mean professions xp tasks (yellow - for leveling up professions), or (purple - for leveling up the character)?

Thanks.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I believe the meaning is the XP your character gains from a profession (blue numbers in leadership) not the yellow XP of the profession itself.
    Jewelcrafting doesn't have any tasks that give xp to the character iirc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it means Character Experience not Profession Experience.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Just thought I would mention this, i'm not getting 2x exp on professions exp:

Do you mean professions xp tasks (yellow - for leveling up professions), or (purple - for leveling up the character)?

Thanks.
    It means Character Experience, not Profession Experience.
  • irongut13irongut13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there any way to turn 2xXP off?

I'm levelling my first character and want to experience the game as it was designed, not constantly faceroll the content becuase I'm overlevelled at every point. 2xXP type events are generally time for me to quit and go play something else.