test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dancing Blade versus Erinye

nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
Question: Dancing Blade (active bonus)

Why Dancing Blade active bonus at Epic is only 5% Critical Severity when Erinyes and Cambio are both at 10% ??
They all start at rare quality too.

It should be 5%/10% instead of 3%/5%.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dancing blade was released first and has been around since (or near) release. the active bonus was added to it when mod 2 was released. the erinyes is from mod 4 when SW was released and the power creep was really hitting it's stride and as such they made it good so people would spend zen to get the SW pack.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eryines and cambion are promotion (cost more cash) and sword is attainable more easily in game
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    eryines and cambion are promotion (cost more cash) and sword is attainable more easily in game

it don't change the fact that it should have the same active bonus. And there's other case but they have the same bonus.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No it shouldn't. This pay to win at it's best. you pay cash for pack you get account wide severity pet. you want sword you grind lockbox.

The packs and zen promotions almost without exception have superior pets to other sources: dire wolf, eryines, sylph for example.

the reason is obvious, and saying it 'shouldn't be', wont change simple economics.
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    No it shouldn't. This pay to win at it's best. you pay cash for pack you get account wide severity pet. you want sword you grind lockbox.

The packs and zen promotions almost without exception have superior pets to other sources: dire wolf, eryines, sylph for example.

the reason is obvious, and saying it 'shouldn't be', wont change simple economics.

No offense, but calling it p2w isn't exactly accurate, I put no money into my SW pack, in fact I remember grinding AD and buying zen bit by bit to get this pack. This game at least offers an alternative to paying cash for things, which allows us frugal people to stay competitive... just with a lot more work involved. *rolls up sleeves and waits for something else to buy*
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    No offense, but calling it p2w isn't exactly accurate, I put no money into my SW pack, in fact I remember grinding AD and buying zen bit by bit to get this pack. This game at least offers an alternative to paying cash for things, which allows us frugal people to stay competitive... just with a lot more work involved. *rolls up sleeves and waits for something else to buy*

I kinda get the point, but i also want feywild/hero pack for zen. QQ

I have also bought hunter/sw packs for ad (after zax). Tho Dancing blade having only 5% is a joke, especialy, since for 1750k ad u have accound bound 5%, while to get 5% from Dancing Blade in first place, u need to spend 1450k in total, for 1 toon (i did this on liek 3 toons, i wish i could get those ad back). Thats quite painfull. If Dancing Blade would get introdcued after erynias, i would think its option only for those who want max out. But Dancing blade was first.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they wanted it to be weaker, they would have simply made the Dancing Blade green or made the Erinyes purple, like they usually do in similar situations.

I'm guessing this was just an oversight.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.