test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR Shocking Execution: Undodgeable

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
Many players believe that even though SW has no dodge or block, SE can be avoided if you learn to play. Um, no. Just.. not even wrong. I made this short video to answer people who say to just to listen for shocking execution and get out of range with shadowslip.

The SE strike perimeter the video demo's is ridiculous (for a 1-button kill daily).

AVOIDING SE AS SW: First, the SW has to already be some distance away from the TR when TR hits the button. IF the SW is already has a headstart, and if the SW is not already stunned/dazed, if they have enough stamina bar, and if have a fast reaction time, they can shadowslip far enough away. Only then can you get out of range and make SE miss. That is a lot of ifs. That is not a dodge.. that's an anomaly.

Module 6 mythic DC sigils will have 60 sec cooldowns.
Dev's please do something about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVTRdFG6HTU
Sophi SW youtube channel

One player responded to the video to suggest to "stay away from TR and attack a TR only at range." Wow brilliant idea... as a 99.9th %ile SW, I never thought of that. Wait, I did try that long ago. Does not work because they are invisible, they move faster than you, they can even stun you with ranged at-wills. Get on a pillar? Nope, TRs can blink up cliffs too.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zeusom on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Many players believe that even though SW has no dodge or block, SE can be avoided if you learn to play. Um, no. Just.. not even wrong. I made this short video to answer people who say to just to listen for shocking execution and get out of range with shadowslip.

The SE strike perimeter the video demo's is ridiculous (for a 1-button kill daily).

AVOIDING SE AS SW: First, the SW has to already be some distance away from the TR when TR hits the button. IF the SW is already has a headstart, and if the SW is not already stunned/dazed, if they have enough stamina bar, and if have a fast reaction time, they can shadowslip far enough away. Only then can you get out of range and make SE miss. That is a lot of ifs. That is not a dodge.. that's an anomaly.

Sophi SW youtube channel

One player responded to the video to suggest to "stay away from TR and attack a TR only at range." Wow brilliant idea... as a 99.9th %ile SW, I never thought of that. Wait, I did try that long ago. Does not work because they are invisible, they move faster than you, they can even stun you with ranged at-wills. Get on a pillar? Nope, TRs can blink up cliffs too.

just heard from BBC that to dodge it you must have a dodge ability.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ye, it can be iritating. This is why I like my GF, at least I can survive SE. Even 3 in a row ;)
    Check out vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQMfLmLuJo

OFC it wont solve problem of SW.

regards
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Devs already know about this, but seem doesn't really care about.
    TR is able to kill someone by 1-Shot but not only with SE Daily also with "LashingBlade,

SO, TR got " 2 Buttons insta kill" an Encounter & Daily, each one is able to 1-Shot a player.
    btw TR is not a melee class more hybrid Ranged so it doesnt care if u only fight from distance,
    nearly 2 weeks for M6, and nothing will change prepare for it.

AS GWF main player Supposed to using Heavy Armor Class (Lol), ALL simple ignored and 1-Shot down.

---
    to the GF guy@
    Lol, that TR is probably the weakest tr ever lol just jumping around without knowledge,
    Look how fast the TR lose HP, is he fighting without armor?! lol , seems to be a fake video, nice try-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fake video? What? Link to his gear is given. Anyway I agree with you in one point. 2 weeks, and extremelly huge amount of work waiting devs. I think nothing will change respect to OP of Tr's. ;/
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOL that was not 3 SEs, he dodge out of em. Second u use companions, wich allow u to see the TR all the time. Anyway a good tr wait till u have the back to the TR. Then he daze u and then SE and its GG.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hmm using the OP logic, no abilities in the game are dodgeable :)

Title should be "Warlock has no dodge"....
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    hmm using the OP logic, no abilities in the game are dodgeable :)

Title should be "Warlock has no dodge"....

you're dumb

OP's talking about how people say "just dodge SE, stop whining", but obviously he can't dodge it (neither can GWFs unless they slot mighty leap lols)....also talking about the range on SE being kind of overkill
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    you're dumb

OP's talking about how people say "just dodge SE, stop whining", but obviously he can't dodge it (neither can GWFs unless they slot mighty leap lols)....also talking about the range on SE being kind of overkill

I dont know how can someone dodge SE or piercing damage .
    To cast mighty leap you need min 2 sec press button point your location pres button agan .
    IF you are lucky at least you cast it out but to cancel SE TR just need to dodge .
    And recast it agan .......

If some TR cant SE GWF SW out with 1 hit its really a L2P issue .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    my best SE experience was 20 feet away from TR and 5 feet in the air beenig SE´d and proned same time i guess.

no , the deaphs don´t care about it, its the first game i recognized this kind of ignorance by a developper for now, or name it lack in professionality
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you're dumb

Starting a response with the stand-alone statement, "You're dumb" is such a crappy way to reply. You are applying a very negative label to this person that you don't even know. Why not just use your primary sentence without the "you're dumb" set-up?

I really don't understand some people's innate meanness. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The mod5 sprint-SE interaction no doubt deserves a place among the biggest mistakes in the history of PvP MMOs. I mourn all the ptw SWs and GWFs.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you're dumb

no he is saying that SE is Undodgeable. I know this because he wrote "TR Shocking Execution: Undodgeable"

Then he explains that he can't dodge it using a class with no dodge. The problem is that GWF and SW have no dodge. Not that the daily (which spoiler alert: can be dodged) is undodgable . There is plenty to complain about SE, however saying it cannot be dodged is not one of those things
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    no he is saying that SE is Undodgeable. I know this because he wrote "TR Shocking Execution: Undodgeable"

Then he explains that he can't dodge it using a class with no dodge. The problem is that GWF and SW have no dodge. Not that the daily (which spoiler alert: can be dodged) is undodgable . There is plenty to complain about SE, however saying it cannot be dodged is not one of those things

What my OP is saying is that SE cannot be 'dodged' by SW meaning SE cannot be reasonably avoided ]with the shift-sprint mechanic (which is not a dodge) even with good reaction time enough to get quite far out of range. The well skilled and the terrible player get demolished alike with the press of a button (utterly skilless).

And given that SE is a powerful 1-shot Daily, the strike perimeter should be toned down significantly so that it can be reasonably avoided by classes with only a sprint mechanic (SW and GWF). At least GWF can are tankier and can hit Intimidation TAB mode to try and survive it. SW can do nothing.

This:

bBAjcHk.jpg

Note: because I had dreadtheft-debuffed the TR (-6% damage) and because I was in shadowslip (-30% damage) the SE did only 36k so TR had to throw two more quick at-wills to finish me.

• Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Oh yes. Insulting the devs is of course, the most reliable and sure-fire way of having things fixed. Everybody knows that.

Like, my priority in complaints always must be the devs own priority as well, hence every dev is obliged to immediately drop anything and everything that they are currently working on cater to my problems on the spot, lest they don't really care about their customers. How dare they make people wait for multiple mods until they decide to fix a balance issue, in which case my own solution to the problem is surely the best solution to everyone as well, and its always pefect for balance in every foreseeable manner, with no possibility of potential problems at all.

Yes, they must immediately fix everything I am unsatisfied with, in the exact manner I wish it to be changed, or else, they don't care. They must always be able to fix something within one try, or if they make a mistake and make wrong decisions from time to time, they don't care. If they ever have a bad idea, they don't care. If they don't listen to our warnings and make wrong judgements , they don't care. If they take a step that is unpopular with some people, they don't care.

Under this logic, I'm now actually intrigued as to just how many 'caring' people these people have ever met in their lives.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    oh not again its Mirror-time, please don´t do that again and again to everybody.....
    its now lets say four month of downhill with the game , esp PVP, caused by these inbalances, leading to loss in player, and you want to tell the peolpe not to wonder about a missing fix or anything
    things likes this should be solved in a few days normally, but in case of being selfdestructive nothing happens
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So who is silly enough to post a video of themselves using a nude mod on the official forums? Methinks the OP might have a few more things to dodge in the near future.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So who is silly enough to post a video of themselves using a nude mod on the official forums? Methinks the OP might have a few more things to dodge in the near future.

Lmao.. a local file app affecting graphics only is allowed and is in my opinion much less offensive solution to the awful granny gray soiled-looking undergarments. Fighting topless with a pumpkin hat that match was inside joke and way off the point of this post. It's not even PG-13 so I think the FCC won't mind either.

• Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    im reporting your video because

1) as stated above, no bra in your character

2) you are getting "abused" (if you know what i mean) by the tr, so its not pg-13. :)

regards
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    im reporting your video because

1) as stated above, no bra in your character

2) you are getting "abused" (if you know what i mean) by the tr, so its not pg-13. :)

regards

Hah.. fair.
    Well I think this marks the death of productive vein of thread.
    Duly noted.

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    welp instead of nerfing trs they buffed some classes. SOME CLASSES. not even the gwf or sw . im sorry to those classes named before. r.i.p.
  • Options
    geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

Sophi SW youtube channel

First of all why are you focusing TRs in the case of not being able to dodge with SWs? Because SW cannot dodge ICY KNIFE by CWS or any other daily by any other class.

The 2nd part is that I see you've poorly done your research or didn't do any research at all before posting this topic. On module 6 every artifact at Mythic will have 60s cooldown but NOT the DC Sigil. DC sigil will keep it's 120s cooldown at Mythic Quality.

In this topic only legit argument you could provide is the fact that; DMG output of Shocking Execution is very high. Other than this everything you say here is useless considering SW cannot dodge any other daily aswell. If you wanna harass TRs please at least do it right...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    First of all why are you focusing TRs in the case of not being able to dodge with SWs? Because SW cannot dodge ICY KNIFE by CWS or any other daily by any other class.

The 2nd part is that I see you've poorly done your research or didn't do any research at all before posting this topic. On module 6 every artifact at Mythic will have 60s cooldown but NOT the DC Sigil. DC sigil will keep it's 120s cooldown at Mythic Quality.

In this topic only legit argument you could provide is the fact that; DMG output of Shocking Execution is very high. Other than this everything you say here is useless considering SW cannot dodge any other daily aswell. If you wanna harass TRs please at least do it right...

Nevertheless, both SWs and GWFs have the right to complain about this specific technical problem, as having something innately undodgeable, and thus bringing out the inevitable result which they have no realistic chance of avoiding, is wrong.

Nothing unmitigated, nothing undodgeable, nothing inevitable in PvP. That's the way it should be.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I did not know about the Mythic DC sigil so thanks for that info.

Um.. you poor guy the poor TRs are so "harrassed" aren't they? You should be harassed, embarrassed, and ashamed, when you deny have trouble to actually see (incomprehensible) or admit the overpowered and absurd advantages the TR class has right now given how friggin obvious it is to everyone.

There are several legitimate reasons I am singling out Shocking execution (or lashing blade for that matter) from all of the other encounters/classes SW cannot dodge. Because there are ways to deal with just about everything else... builds, counters, tactics, etc. to at least have a better chance against it.
    There is no way for to an SW to deal with SE/LB.

There are some areas of imbalance with CW but iceknife is not one of them.
    I have no problem with ice knife:

- I can survive and deal with getting IK'ed
    - IK is NOT Piercing Damage! I have enough HP and defense it usually doesn't kill me.
    - I can survive and deal with IK because CW's are not invisible and I can fight back.

Dealing with SE of TR is entirely different than Iceknife of CW.

- Sneak on you invisibly, I can hurt you but you cant hurt me
    - SE cheapshot that ignores all your defenses (piercing damage)
    - Then can stun you daze you with a number of things (before or after)
    - Go invisible (practically invulnerable/untouchable) after so you can't fight back.
    - For SW, TR actually has MORE CC (stun/daze) power than a CW becasue none of it can be dodged.
    Once a CW's encounters are on cooldown, at least the SW can have a shot.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The problem in a few words:

EXTREMELY HIGH UNDODGEABLE PIERCING DAMAGE.

+Stealth.

There is no comparison to CW iceknife.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I did not know about the Mythic DC sigil so thanks for that info.

Um.. you poor guy the poor TRs are so "harrassed" aren't they? You should be harassed, embarrassed, and ashamed, when you deny have trouble to actually see (incomprehensible) or admit the overpowered and absurd advantages the TR class has right now given how friggin obvious it is to everyone.

There are several legitimate reasons I am singling out Shocking execution (or lashing blade for that matter) from all of the other encounters/classes SW cannot dodge. Because there are ways to deal with just about everything else... builds, counters, tactics, etc. to at least have a better chance against it.
    There is no way for to an SW to deal with SE/LB.

There are some areas of imbalance with CW but iceknife is not one of them.
    I have no problem with ice knife:

- I can survive and deal with getting IK'ed
    - IK is NOT Piercing Damage! I have enough HP and defense it usually doesn't kill me.
    - I can survive and deal with IK because CW's are not invisible and I can fight back.

Dealing with SE of TR is entirely different than Iceknife of CW.

- Sneak on you invisibly, I can hurt you but you cant hurt me
    - SE cheapshot that ignores all your defenses (piercing damage)
    - Then can stun you daze you with a number of things (before or after)
    - Go invisible (practically invulnerable/untouchable) after so you can't fight back.
    - For SW, TR actually has MORE CC (stun/daze) power than a CW becasue none of it can be dodged.
    Once a CW's encounters are on cooldown, at least the SW can have a shot.

A crock of bullshi* if I ever heard one. You know why these needless forum clashes happen? Because fekkin disgusting bigots and raving maniacs like you.

Ashamed? For being a TR? For playing one? As if this whole chaotic is our fault? Did we frickin' make this happen? Were we the ones we broke the class? Did the fekkin' GWFs in mod2, fekkin' HRs in mod3/4, fekkin CWs in early mod4 ever come down to these forums and fall on their knees and confess to us their 'sins' of playing an OP class? Because the devs made bad decisions and problematic balance mechanics, the players mostly who have been playing TRs should be apologizing to you people?

Being a person who likes the class and likes to play it is a fekkin' sin? Is that it? So basically playing by the mechanics they gave us is something we have to be ashamed of, and something we must be compelled to apologize about everytime some frickin' idiot feels the need to repeat something that's been said over and over and over and over again?

God, this fekkin incredible, plain vicious, blind and idiotic hatred circulating in these boards towards people that's got nothing to do with your problems. Ashamed? Something like that, is what you fekkin idiots need to be ashamed about.

Adolf Hitler probably spoke less often of jews, than you hate-filled turds speak of us TRs.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    A crock of bullshi* if I ever heard one. You know why these needless forum clashes happen? Because fekkin disgusting bigots and raving maniacs like you.

Ashamed? For being a TR? For playing one? As if this whole chaotic is our fault? Did we frickin' make this happen? Were we the ones we broke the class? Did the fekkin' GWFs in mod2, fekkin' HRs in mod3/4, fekkin CWs in early mod4 ever come down to these forums and fall on their knees and confess to us their 'sins' of playing an OP class? Because the devs made bad decisions and problematic balance mechanics, the players mostly who have been playing TRs should be apologizing to you people?

Being a person who likes the class and likes to play it is a fekkin' sin? Is that it? So basically playing by the mechanics they gave us is something we have to be ashamed of, and something we must be compelled to apologize about everytime some frickin' idiot feels the need to repeat something that's been said over and over and over and over again?

God, this fekkin incredible, plain vicious, blind and idiotic hatred circulating in these boards towards people that's got nothing to do with your problems. Ashamed? Something like that, is what you fekkin idiots need to be ashamed about.

Adolf Hitler probably spoke less often of jews, than you hate-filled turds speak of us TRs.

Woah, calm down guy. Your taking this way too serious, its still all just a game and there's no blanket-TR hate here, and there's nothing wrong with playing a TR at all. I have plenty of TR friends and have a TR. You completely missed the point and launched into actual namecalling assault.

Missed point was:

We all know the class is clearly, way overpowered. What is super annoying are is the TRs that have op-denial, that thinks the class is fairly balanced, that come out of the woodwork to smash or negate or ruin productive discussions of TR overpoweredness.. That's what, if it was me, I would be embarrassed even ashamed to do and to be that guy... like the guys who beats a Saab in a drag race by driving Ferraris and then argue that their cars arenot inherently faster.. and then works to prevent the Commission of Racing Officials from change anything, as all in is good order. I would feel icky. Besides all that.. weakest class has some inherent trashtalking rights to the strongest class :)

Now let's go have some tea.

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2015

And you haven't done your research either. No other daily ignores DR and deflect completely. So while SW and GWF can mitigate damage from other dailies, they're 1 shot by SE despite sprinting or unstoppable.