test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please bring back Campaign Pack for Celestial coins

ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
Please bring back Campaign Pack for Celestial coins. It's really helpful for players to assist the players in completing their boons. Especially with ANOTHER module to complete... Increase the coins required to buy it but PLEASE bring it back!
Post edited by ichimaruginx on

Comments

• izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This, it reduce time it takes to complete sharandar campaign.
    Leave the chest as it is now, but increase cost.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I would like to see this put back into the Celestial Coin rewards too. As an alt-addict, it is extremely useful to me and severely reduces the repetitiveness of the Campaign Grind, especially if I collect them during the slow leveling I do with my new characters while continuing to focus on my existing max-level characters.
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    :( Really sad to see these go. I hope they at least replace it with a way to earn more things like the Feywild Sparks. The way the campaigns are now you over earn the seeds charms and blades if you play your zone daily. But the sparks are very limited in how you can earn them so the extra boost was really nice.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this one hurts..

a reduction of sharandar one is what hurts the most (I could do dread ring in just a couple mins per alt anyways)

sad faces all around.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    izwor wrote: »
    This, it reduce time it takes to complete sharandar campaign.
    Leave the chest as it is now, but increase cost.

Hells no, don't increase the cost. Earning the Sparks quicker is the only way to combat the poorly-designed campaign tree in Sharandar. I think that's the main reason so many people despise Sharandar because of the amount of time it takes to get the currency needed to unlock the third gate and to obtain the third, fourth and fifth boons. Anything to make the grind fall in line with Dread Ring at least would be most welcome.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm very sad to see these go as they really help speed things up in the Sharandar campaign, but I strongly suspect it's an anti-botting measure. They allow a bot, once played through the Sharandar campaign, to create Fey Blessing enchantments forevermore to "seed" other bots.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The upcoming Black Earth Lockbox can contain a Genie's Gift, which can be traded for a Bag of Sharandar Treasure, just like the Illefarn Relic Fragment from the Feywild Lockbox.

Removing the Cache of Sharandar Treasures from the Vault of Piety increases demand for the new lockbox.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    no way to get sparks now?
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hmmm so:

1) remove the campaign packs

2)increase all campaigns to lvl 70-73 content

conclusion: lvlcap increase gives no advantage for older content, and new players and alters (a prime source of this games income) face a larger than ever hurdle to justify playing the game.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I still dont look at this as a level cap increase -.-

its more like we are being downgraded to rank 45, so that we can just work hard to get back to where we are now lol
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    IT IS INTERESTING:

I've been doing Campaigns for the last 3-5 weeks - Sharandar, Dread Ring, Well of Dragons, Icewind Dale, but on the 17th, I will not be able to visit those places even until i do story missions and level up to 70.

at 70, the level of Sharandar will be my level, Dread ring will be one level above me, and Well of Dragons/Icewind Dale will be 3 levels above me.

as stated, it's extremely disadvantageous to be in a zone more than 3 levels above you (down from 5 currently) so you CANNOT go to the zones you've been in for the last 3 modules.

I hope everyone got most of their boons by now, i know I'm getting the 4th in DR today, finished Shar, and just have to grind out the green pages for ToD campaign boon 5/6/7.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gave up on boons when the dragon content was released. No hamster wheels for me.
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    I still dont look at this as a level cap increase -.-

its more like we are being downgraded to rank 45, so that we can just work hard to get back to where we are now lol

Exactly, there is no level cap increase. They are just making us grind more exp only to still not get where we were before.
  • azyrnazyrn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On the test server you can zone into Dread Ring and Icewind Dale and your level is increased to 70.

Sharandar is missing from the map so I could not test it.

Well of Dragons is a solo zone at the moment. In other words, my group of three all clicked Well of Dragons and we each were zoned into a separate instance of the zone and could not join each other as it would say the zone was full.

From that I can only assume that when this goes live you will still be able to take your level 60 into the zones, have the fake level 70 applied, and do the quests. However, if it stays as it is on test, I would look at getting a partner to do them with as the mobs in IWD and WoD hit a bit hard.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes. The campaign box drastically reduces the work needed for campaigns on other characters, and actually has something actually worth spending the coins on. As the 7 day (now 10 day if I recall its been moved to now) its not worth it anymore. Its really the only thing worth while and helpful for people who have more than a couple of characters.

Its mind boggling they'd even think to remove it. If anything, should be additions to it for Icewind and Tyranny/WoD campaigns.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For it to be botting measure also it's highly ineffective. The ones who will be most affect/hurt by it are still the players who as of now have 5 maps to run almost daily for boons and more in mod 6 probably. The bots will only get sparks faster to get the fey with the existence of the chest (they still need 3 seed etc from each gate) and they can buy it off AH with reasonably low price anyways.

Myself has 1 main 2 alts at lvl 60 and 2 more coming up. Without the chest it would mean i will have to grind ALOT more to get the boons on them :( Not to say i'll have to lvl them up to 70 now.. *shudders*