test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Artifact Weapons work like The off-hands do!

rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
Pic is small embedded but here's link to picture

y1V01vg.png
People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How did you finish the task so fast? did you have a character on live who already had the task started and transfer it over? And how much is it to unlock each class feature? 50k ad?

Also with this crazy power creep by module 7 or 8 we will be so powerful that they will have to make all the BiS characters on the server into new FR deitys.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What resources are used to make the elemental weapons?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How did you finish the task so fast? did you have a character on live who already had the task started and transfer it over? And how much is it to unlock each class feature? 50k ad?

Also with this crazy power creep by module 7 or 8 we will be so powerful that they will have to make all the BiS characters on the server into new FR deitys.

Yes. character already had task finished on live. To Unlock it is 4 cubes. and to change its 5k ad.

This is how it looks Y79ZHEN.jpg

• vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How do you get it? ToD campaign task?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Does it still need 1 Dragon Gem + 1Dragon bone + 1Steel?

Yes , on live last night I bought up a few Gems and Bones , I was surprised they hadn't sold out .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really nice.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Also, on preview, you can just repeatedly buy the off hands for 20 silver (Preview Only for Testing), then feed them to rank them up. I was doing this too to check them out.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That "Mace" or whatever it is looks amazing imo. oO

Can u post photo with vorp any other enchants on it?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• ettiennedumorteettiennedumorte Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    wait a min....

4,1k POWER AT GREEN RARITY

DAFUQ?

What worries me is we don't have a choice of stats now.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What worries me, is how long before these get obsoleted?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That "Mace" or whatever it is looks amazing imo. oO

Can u post photo with vorp any other enchants on it?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Sure , Sorry for the delay got distracted by dynasty warriors.

Pure vorpal on it. you're more than welcome to donate other Weapon enchants on Preview to me :P haha

bAnhxad.jpg

• onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like new Artifact weapon mechanics. One weapon, many unlockable features. No more crafting only to receive a useless weapon. One and done.

Good job Cryptic!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like new Artifact weapon mechanics. One weapon, many unlockable features. No more crafting only to receive a useless weapon. One and done.

Good job Cryptic!

If they can make some tweaks so that people with existing artifact equipment have the ability to "catch up", I'll be happy.

My suggestion was to increase the return on refining artifacts by 25%, which would mean on a 2x RP weekend, you'd be trading 1:1 existing artifact equipment into the new.

I think that would be fair to players who put a lot of effort, time and resources into their current artifact gear.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    make it legendary and post the weapon damage :d
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Well I think the fact that they listened about concerns about people only wanting the one artifact is great. Even at the cost of stat distribution makes it worth it. However it's still not cool to outclass artifacts so soon. The off hand got barely any use out of it and that was one that I thought would have more life considering its mechanics. Therefore how can I trust that the new refining system will be worth using and we won't have our stuff outdated anyway. Still, I might as well get it anyway if there's another 2x rp. Maybe get it up to legendary and possibly no more. AD hardly concerns me.

No need to be torn between pvp effects and pve though. I had an epic OH just for that reason, but couldn't be bothered using it.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    If they can make some tweaks so that people with existing artifact equipment have the ability to "catch up", I'll be happy.

My suggestion was to increase the return on refining artifacts by 25%, which would mean on a 2x RP weekend, you'd be trading 1:1 existing artifact equipment into the new.

I think that would be fair to players who put a lot of effort, time and resources into their current artifact gear.

That's an entirely different issue and outside the OP's scope, but I certainly hope they do. ATM artifact gear is a dead end. An expensive dead end at that. +25% still won't get you 100% even on a double RP weekend....
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What worries me, is how long before these get obsoleted?

That's how I feel with everything now. Hopefully these will stay bis until the next level cap raise. This game is making me so unmotivated to continue in their RP circus =_= I do like how we can have all the at wills available on one weapon though
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    +25% still won't get you 100% even on a double RP weekend....

Yes it will.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    *snip*

Pretty nice, thank u ^^ I would, if i would have any beside gvorp :P

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    +1 Devs, the system implemented for the new artifact weapon is vastly more interesting than having 5 different weapons for each at will. Thanks
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • knallkooopfknallkooopf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks awesome! *-*
    Would like to see the other new weapons too :)
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Without huge amounts of cheap rp I don't see how I can keep up with this stuff.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That "Mace" or whatever it is looks amazing imo.

FYI... that'd be a "greataxe."
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Yes it will.

Why should we have to wait, god knows how long for another 2x just to break even on something we just got a couple of months ago. Now if it was like previous epic gear, ok, grind new stuff is ok, but 5-10M AD in refining down the tubes, no not acceptable.
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    FYI... that'd be a "greataxe."

For me it kinda looked like scepter or mace, but after closer look u r right.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me it kinda looked like scepter or mace, but after closer look u r right.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

I suppose we should be thankful it doesn't have wings on. :p
    edited March 2015
    Here's a snapshot of what happens when you complete the task. You get a box asking you to pick one or the other:

DQRyVik.jpg

Here's the Legendary vs Green comparison. Personally, I don't think I'm going to break my fingers leveling this up on Preview :)

H2rDbmH.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the orb:

vpT7s5o.jpg
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    IS there only "fire" elemental or are there other element ?
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nathyiel wrote: »
    IS there only "fire" elemental or are there other element ?

Up to now only fire, but im almost sure that on the future they will implement the other elements sets that are going to make the fire set useless as always happen.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since this works off the same principle as the old MH, can you buy the new MH with shards of dragon forged steel? I have 5 of those already and they are useless, and have 2 artifact MHs. Wondering if I can skip the task and just buy it.