test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to publish

2»

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep. Drive away all the legitimate authors, then when there are nothing but farm quests left you can point to the "statistic" that show foundry is a failure and remove it.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Yep. Drive away all the legitimate authors, then when there are nothing but farm quests left you can point to the "statistic" that show foundry is a failure and remove it.

That's exactly what Hungry Howie's is doing with their "gluten free" pizza. That's how you get the results that you want, even if the majority is in favor of otherwise. Set up a scenario that can be ensured to fail only for the purpose of illustrating such failures and using them to justify an element one way or the other.

Hungry Howie's does this by making a gluten free pizza available. But it only comes in a $15 small, and they make it explicitly clear that it IS made in an open kitchen, there WILL BE cross contamination, and it IS NOT a Celiac-friendly product. Every reason to even have a GF pizza is gone, so of course it won't sell. After 6 months they will go to their upper management and say "See, this doesn't sell (aka doesn't make money)".

It is astonishing how similar that is to Crypric's treatment of the Foundry and the authors. "What, we're at Module 6 and we have a loyal community who has stuck it out through asset changes that made many existing quests unplayable; endured through years of bugs that we have no intention of fixing, and nerfs that break mechanics that the crafty bugger Eldarth came up with to enable authors to create some interesting elements in their quests, and have persevered through the constant ridicule of random garbage for quest rewards; and let's not forget the empty promises..... After all that, they're STILL here? I guess its time to arbitrarily start perma-banning legitimate authors so we can show the boss-man that the Foundry doesn't produce any Zen purchases (ie, it doesn't make money). Maybe then we can add more tokens that allow the players to pay to NOT play the game. This is awesome! Once we get rid of these pesky Foundry fanatics, then we can get back to making money by making a game that the players are stupid* enough to pay to not play! Only in America (and mother-China*).

*these are not my words, twas an email between Cryptic management and PWE just this morning...
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to try something drastic... I really don't want to do it but if it means re-enabling foundry publishing then so be it. I'm going to try to delete all of my foundry quests and withdraw them from the server. What do you guys think?
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015

*these are not my words, twas an email between Cryptic management and PWE just this morning...

I'd be careful with posting these kinds of things on the forums. Apparently freedom of speech on a public forum is a no-no.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd be careful with posting these kinds of things on the forums. Apparently freedom of speech on a public forum is a no-no.

Its not a public forum, there is no free speech protection.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to try something drastic... I really don't want to do it but if it means re-enabling foundry publishing then so be it. I'm going to try to delete all of my foundry quests and withdraw them from the server. What do you guys think?

I seriously doubt that would help, I unpublished and then deleted my "offending" foundry map back when I first got the sbnopublishing flag set on my account nearly 2 years ago, and it didn't help at all.

I suspect what's happening is someone at Cryptic is going through a list of reported exploit maps and just banning foundry access on all those accounts. The fact that they never even created a system for notifying players that they have been banned, let alone set the name of the flag to something more clear or even notified PW's customer support what that flag setting on an account means, just goes to show they're unlikely to ever do anything about giving those of us who've been banned either some sort of recourse or a means of disputing the banning.

But regardless, good luck.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • alboradaalborada Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Their exact quote as to why my quests got banned: "Your mission was being used as a farming exploitation mission, and was banned permanently"

So, if you make a foundry quest, please make sure that nobody can farm it, or you could be banned from making foundry quests. :/

And no, I didn't have any portals in my quests. I had a Waukeen box farming quest, and another quest that wasn't really a farming quest, but set on a farm, called Kreatyve's Easy Farm, because well, it was easy. But it did have a story!

That is bulls, when you look at the foundry you will see a heavy amount of quest with the title as "farming" or "Fast review" Why those dont get removed? They need to be fair, if they ban one person from creating a foundry quest, they need to ban the rest of the people who do the same.
  • alboradaalborada Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A solution to avoid future problems like this should be to hire a person to "try out" the quest before being published. If Perfect World test the quest before publishing them, there should be no "farming" quest or bans because they could address them before launch. But they dont have anyone doing so, therefore we have many farm foundry out there and fast review foundry... Is not the player's fault, the tools where given and they had no one review them but other players...
  • luskantraderluskantrader Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First thing everyone needs to consider, is that moderators on this forum have been quoted as saying '...Farming Foundries are not against the ToS...' and they aren't explicitly. Whether or not a foundry qualifies as illegitimate is all circumstantial to the mechanics of the encounters it contains. Encounters that allow players to damage mobs that are trapped, corralled, or unable in any way to fight back or cause any damage back to the player- are unfair and exploitative.

You can still make a foundry with encounters that can be farmed. You can even have 'farm' in the name. What you CANNOT do- like specifically mentioned above, is make encounters in those foundry quests where mobs can't hit back.

If the devs are banning people with foundries containing encounters that are legit, and within the boundaries, where players can take damage- then they are backing on their own rules and acting simply on their own annoyance at players gaining something that they 'don't like' them gaining. A.K.A.- players gaining enough of anything that may hinder the possibility of them spending more cash on ZEN to go into the astral diamond exchange instead.

Bottom line is, they own the game, they make the rules. They own our characters and any foundries we make. They can do whatever they think might result in any potential profit. It's business.

Most of us don't like it, but we don't have a choice or any influence. All of this is encompassed under the blanket of nice elastic wording in the ToS we agreed to to play the game.