test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to publish

malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Foundry
Anyone else having this issue?

I keep getting "Error during publish. Publish Failed: sbNoPublishing is set."

Did I get "banned" from making foundries or something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    probably a temporary problem, try to log out and log in again.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Already performed that action. I've remade a test quest for test publish purposes and still the same error.
  • thane6000thane6000 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is your quest part of a Campaign? Once, I had the same problem and tried republishing my quest for several times with no success. Then I got the idea to remove it from the Campaign and publising it before making it a part of the roster. And it worked instantly. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or if the problem was resolved by that action. Still, if that's the case you should give it a try.
    edited February 2015
    Is your quest part of a Campaign? Once, I had the same problem and tried republishing my quest for several times with no success. Then I got the idea to remove it from the Campaign and publising it before making it a part of the roster. And it worked instantly. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or if the problem was resolved by that action. Still, if that's the case you should give it a try.
    edited February 2015
    Sorry about the double reply, I don't know how it happened. What's more I can't find how to delete it, there's no option in the ''edit post'' for deletion. If anyone knows how, tell me in order to delete this and one of the others.
    edited February 2015
    I have a campaign quest, a single quest and a blank test publish quest and none of them will publish. As far as deleting a post on the forums, only mods can do it if i recall correctly.
    edited February 2015
    Still waiting for a dev or mod or whomever to take a look at this issue per a CSR's request:
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you but again, Customer Service does not provide support for Foundry issues.

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly submit a report via our official forum.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1151-The-Foundry.

This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.
    edited March 2015
    March 2nd... still not able to publish.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Yepp, I read that foundry. All I want is a basic explanation from a Cryptic Employee about what sbNoPublishing stands for. They hopped right on to that Admin Spam earlier so I know there's someone in the office.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unbelievable! This is just blatant and negligent disregard for the players; to have a bug that affects gameplay is one thing, but to have this, which doesn't affect but prevents a major aspect of this game from being enjoyed, an aspect which is the only thing that some of the players (albeit, a very small portion) remain on hand for, with zero efforts or concern to determine the cause, much less correct it. Its a good thing that the staff at Cryptic and PWE don't work in a real industry, like Health IT. I can't imagine them having to resolve some of the MUMPS bugs that I trace through a dozen and a half routines of spaghetti-code, much less resolve them.

"I'd be willing to pay Zen if you can get my CT to cross this HL7 interface so that it can be read by an interpreting physician..."

;-P

Utterly appalling.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    I think any foundry post goes right in the trash before reading.

As was stated in previous posts, the Foundry for all intents and purposes is a finished product in terms of NWO. It doesn't have any model proving to the exsects that it makes any sort of income to pay for developer's time. Hoping that bugs eill be fixed in a short time period or that any improvements will be made short of a hand full of assets and encounters is no more likely to happen than the human race establishing a colony in another solar system. As one of the community managers said on The STO forforum, perhaps they can convince one of the devs to come in on thier own time and do a few lines of code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited March 2015
    The problem is that I'm not even looking for a fix! I'm just looking for a simple definition of sbNoPublishing!
    edited March 2015
    I am also getting the same issue in the preview server.
    edited March 2015
    Three days later... Looks like I'ma have to see if customer support has any updates for me.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    As was stated in previous posts, the Foundry for all intents and purposes is a finished product in terms of NWO. It doesn't have any model proving to the exsects that it makes any sort of income to pay for developer's time. Hoping that bugs eill be fixed in a short time period or that any improvements will be made short of a hand full of assets and encounters is no more likely to happen than the human race establishing a colony in another solar system. As one of the community managers said on The STO forforum, perhaps they can convince one of the devs to come in on thier own time and do a few lines of code.
    What apocrs said. Good luck.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    It's not a bug. If you get this error, it means that you have been banned from publishing foundry quests. :/ I am having this issue right now as well. The ban is permanent.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited March 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    It's not a bug. If you get this error, it means that you have been banned from publishing foundry quests. :/ I am having this issue right now as well. The ban is permanent.

Woah. Permanent? Did you get any kind of explanation/warning??

Awfully nice of them to allow you to get into the foundry and waste hours and hours and days of time only to be prevented from publishin. You'd think they could have disabled the foundry button instead.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    No. They sent me a mail in game when they banned my 2 foundry quests, but they did not tell me that I was not ever going to be able to publish another foundry quest. I didn't know it until I tried to publish one and couldn't get it to work. Then I waited a few days, talked to Akro and contacted Customer Service. I had no clue that they could even ban you from publishing quests. But, it is what it is.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited March 2015
    No. They sent me a mail in game when they banned my 2 foundry quests, but they did not tell me that I was not ever going to be able to publish another foundry quest. I didn't know it until I tried to publish one and couldn't get it to work. Then I waited a few days, talked to Akro and contacted Customer Service. I had no clue that they could even ban you from publishing quests. But, it is what it is.
    iirc weren't your quests removed because you dared to have the thayan portals that were part of Foundry in them? And even though thayan portals are back as an asset in mod 6 (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?858271-Thayan-Portal-Returned-to-Foundry&p=10247371&viewfull=1#post10247371), you are permabanned from making quests. Even though Cryptic player spotlighted you (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9052193-player-spotlight-alustrial-f%C3%A6r%C3%BFdae), the only person to ever get spotlighted?
    edited March 2015
    No. They sent me a mail in game when they banned my 2 foundry quests, ...

Can you tell us what about those 2 quests caused them to be banned?

It'd be nice if they told us where the minefield was instead of surprise carnage.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't matter who's been spotlighted or not, the fact of the matter is that neither kreatyve nor I received any form of notification regarding these so-called permabans. As far as my quests, I didn't receive any in-game mail regarding any of them saying they had been banned or not.
    edited March 2015
    iirc weren't your quests removed because you dared to have the thayan portals that were part of Foundry in them? And even though thayan portals are back as an asset in mod 6 (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?858271-Thayan-Portal-Returned-to-Foundry&p=10247371&viewfull=1#post10247371), you are permabanned from making quests. Even though Cryptic player spotlighted you (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9052193-player-spotlight-alustrial-f%C3%A6r%C3%BFdae), the only person to ever get spotlighted?

That's exactly my issue. Why should we as authors get punished for using assets that were provided to us?
    edited March 2015
    Woah. Permanent? Did you get any kind of explanation/warning??

Awfully nice of them to allow you to get into the foundry and waste hours and hours and days of time only to be prevented from publishin. You'd think they could have disabled the foundry button instead.

No warnings. They'll still let you invest your time in the quests and save them, just not publish. I also thought that "Infinite Content" was one of their "hooks" for getting players to invest their time into the game.

Infinite Content

Neverwinter comes with the Foundry, a dynamic toolset that provides you the game assets and a sandbox environment to create your own adventures. When your creation is complete, you can hook it up directly into the existing world for everyone in the community to play!
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't matter who's been spotlighted or not, the fact of the matter is that neither kreatyve nor I received any form of notification regarding these so-called permabans. As far as my quests, I didn't receive any in-game mail regarding any of them saying they had been banned or not.
    Maybe, but you'd think they'd be a little more forgiving with someone whom they thought enough of to spotlight, a note saying "hey, your quests are violating the standards, please change them before we have to do something about it". Secretly permabanning a featured player would leave a poor taste in their mouth in my opinion.
    edited March 2015
    Can you tell us what about those 2 quests caused them to be banned?

It'd be nice if they told us where the minefield was instead of surprise carnage.

Their exact quote as to why my quests got banned: "Your mission was being used as a farming exploitation mission, and was banned permanently"

So, if you make a foundry quest, please make sure that nobody can farm it, or you could be banned from making foundry quests. :/

And no, I didn't have any portals in my quests. I had a Waukeen box farming quest, and another quest that wasn't really a farming quest, but set on a farm, called Kreatyve's Easy Farm, because well, it was easy. But it did have a story!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    permanently banned? that's ridiculous, even more because of the reasons of it. At most they should prevent further publishing untill you've fixed the quests that are giving problems.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Typical Cryptic approach. It seems they have singled out some popular quests that met certain criteria and went from there instead of a solid global solution. There are plethora of farm maps even with the old portals still available.