test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Personal Bank Slot (33% Sale) - Most Bang For Buck?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
I'm considering purchasing the slots here and would like to hear some opinions. Are there any other alternatives cheaper than the current offering of Personal Bank Slot (16) which currently goes for 402 Zen or around 12,600 AD/Slot?

My major concern here is to have these extra spaces I purchase be "Recoverable", that's why I have not looked into the cost of having a Personal Guild Bank yet as contents are non recoverable, but also curious as to how much that costs in AD/Slot.
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    150k for the first tab which gives 48 spaces for a guild bank (3125/slot). The price goes up a lot from there. Personally I have a lot of characters with guild banks, lots of personal bank space on my main, and maxed account wide storage. Character bound stuff can only go in personal storage of course.

I've heard good and bad stories on account recovery, so don't think it's set in stone that you'll be fine.
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If you're in a personal guild, you don't have to worry about other people stealing anything from it. There's nobody else in it, and even if you get a few members, you can set the rights so that you each have your own repository in the guild bank. As for prices, first one is 150k AD, 2nd 300. I haven't purchased any more, so I don't recall the price without logging into the game, which I cannot atm.

Unless you get hacked :D. Something I assumed he/she was thinking about otherwise why worry about personal space being recoverable?
  • Options
    luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you need more storage, go for it! It is a nice bargain and Personal Banks Slots are secure in case of account rollback.

About guild bank slots:

A guild bank can contain up to 8 depots; each depot contains 48 item slots.

Depot #1 costs 150,000 AD;
    Depot #2 costs 300,000 AD;
    Depot #3 costs 450,000 AD;
    Depot #4 costs 600,000 AD;

and so on... but I wouldn't go past the #4, since it becomes very pricey for an unsafe and unrecoverable storage space.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If you're in a personal guild, you don't have to worry about other people stealing anything from it.

What the OP means is that if your account is hacked, personal guild storage is not something that customer service will attempt to recover. They will roll a character back, and that is it. So the question is, if someone gets into your account and steals from your personal bank, is this recoverable?

Only person that can answer that is someone who has been hacked (which is far more prevalent here than other games imo)

The cost for personal guild storage is pretty good per slot. First ta is 3125 AD per slot, then 6250, then 9375, then 12500. Not sure the costs after that. But - this is not recoverable if you are hacked.
  • Options
    shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From what i remember last time a friend/guildie of mine got hacked they were able to restore his personal bank items without any trouble but NOT the account wide bank (which is where he had all his really precious things stored :/). So my advice to all of u is to keep your most precious stuff in personal banks of chars and not the account wide bank.
  • Options
    luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So the question is, if someone gets into your account and steals from your personal bank, is this recoverable?

I think so, items in personal bank and bags are recoverable, items in mailbox and account shared bank are not.

The cost for personal guild storage is pretty good per slot. First ta is 3125 AD per slot, then 6250, then 9375, then 12500. Not sure the costs after that. But - this is not recoverable if you are hacked.

The progression is linear, a slot in depot #8 costs 25000.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If account wide is not recoverable.. I'd better move some stuff
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait wait wait. Account bank is not recoverable?! Why the hell is that?
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From what i remember last time a friend/guildie of mine got hacked they were able to restore his personal bank items without any trouble but NOT the account wide bank (which is where he had all his really precious things stored :/). So my advice to all of u is to keep your most precious stuff in personal banks of chars and not the account wide bank.

I can comment from direct experience. Items in your personal bank can be rolled back. Items in the shared slots could not be. Didn't have anything valuable in mailbox at the time.

So I have spend money extending my bank slots but not the shared ones. I too had most of my valuables in the shared slots
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A rollback in the case of a hack is restoring your character to a prior state, and items in mail and the shared bank (or a guild bank) are not associated with a particular character.

Likewise, if you copy a character to preview, their personal bank will be intact but the shared bank only holds whatever you've got in it on preview. It's not part of the character.

Character slots are probably more bang for your buck for storage of unbound items (with their default bank and free bags, and Dragonhoard if you're a pack owner), but if you need space for a lot of character-bound stuff, a sale on bank slots is nice. I'll probably end up buying a strip of expansion space on a couple of characters.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia