j0d1n25j0d1n25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem here.. :(

Thanks

privacy_error.png
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is still ongoing??? How long does it take to renew a cert? How about an estimated time of update?

I'm beginning to think we should all get Professions/Sword Coast upgrades for this (preventable) certificate issue.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Since it's the weekend coming I'm guessing Monday at PST time? So us europeans will have to go 3 days w/o easy access to the game. Thank you very much Cryptic.
    ixotl wrote: »
    This is still ongoing??? How long does it take to renew a cert? How about an estimated time of update?

I'm beginning to think we should all get Professions/Sword Coast upgrades for this (preventable) certificate issue.
    It's not down. It's there, just the security certificate is invalid now. Since I am on a private and secured network, I just click "advanced" and then chose to see the page anyway. Just did my gateway stuff just fine, took 2 extra initial clicks.

Only thing to worry about is if you're on an unsecured network or on a public network or your computer is not protected, which one shouldn't be logging into anything sensitive anyway if so.

However, if you are all unsure of your security, then just wait for the fix. If you do go ahead with using the site regardless of the certificate, please just make sure you're using a secure browser, on a secure network, and on a secured PC while using the correct URL:
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ (or for preview: https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/ )
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Should we take up a collection?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It's not down. It's there, just the security certificate is invalid now. Since I am on a private and secured network, I just click "advanced" and then chose to see the page anyway. Just did my gateway stuff just fine, took 2 extra initial clicks. Only thing to worry about is if you're on an unsecured network or on a public network or your computer is not protected, which one shouldn't be logging into anything sensitive anyway if so.

A site that uses a secure login without an active certificate might as well be down.

I think it's unwise to advocate going ahead and using the gateway, for all we know there could be multiple parties internationally fishing at the moment, creating fake sites to mimic the gateway etc.

Please don't advocate that, rather advocate patience. Who really cares if gateway is down, go spend some time with your family, friends. Go play outdoors.

And thank you for removing all of the "1337" speak and pissing contests earlier, that's almost as annoying as telling people "Go Ahead, I know the safety is broken and there's a bad weld but Hey, I shoot that gun all the time".
  • Options
    grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I tried getting into the gateway by just going ahead and ignoring the security risk that chrome gave me and I get an all white ugly page that says something about my browser not being supported? I've used Chrome with no issues since forever but I can't use it now even by clicking through to go to the page and ignoring the warning. It gives me a login form that doesn't work and says some stuff about my account not being linked or something too. Weird and annoying. I'm still trying to build up this leadership army so I can participate in this crazy economy.
This discussion has been closed.