test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What purpose is............?

korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So why AH have posting fee and trade house cut?
Why i can't place a bid when time is under 1 min?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm no expert on the subject and don't know the internal workings of the developers minds, but I would think the trade house cut is potentially a way to avoid the auction house being over-used (and therefore over cluttered). I would also think its helps to promote direct trading between players to avoid a tax cut. Unfortunately, the trade house cut can also act as a way to inflate prices for goods, because people are likely to try and make back what they lose in the cut by raising their price accordingly.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Posting fee is to discourage seller stupidity (not that it always works). You get it back if you item sells, and lose it if your item doesn't. Posting an item with a really low starting bid means no fee, and probably a sale unless you're trying to sell an item nobody wants, but you could end up selling for much less than it's worth.

The AH cut is an AD sink, purely to remove funds from the economy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    <snip not needed quotes>

Uhm.. how do you figure that? you can't even trade AD. How would anything in the AH promote 1o1 trading then?

I assume he meant, i'll trade you my item worth about ~50k ad for your item worth ~50k ad give or take how much you feel that is worth to you etc into the trade equation. Make more sense now? Ofc I'm speculating but that is how i read his comment about 1o1 trading.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    AD are not the only form for currency in game, item to item trading and item to gold trading are available. I made a profit on trading goods for other goods I can sell at a profit in the AH :)
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    vanvxvanvx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    AH suck big time these days...
  • Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sasageru wrote: »
    AD are not the only form for currency in game, item to item trading and item to gold trading are available. I made a profit on trading goods for other goods I can sell at a profit in the AH :)

I wonder what the purpose is of so many different currencies?
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The AH AD cut is far more than an AD sink: It discourages straight-up AD trading between different accounts as well.
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Astral Diamonds are created day for day out of nothing.
    Therefore you need "Economy Sinks", otherwise Astral Diamond would loose their worth other time just like real life currencies.
    If you didn't sleep in history class, you probably remember what happened when banks printed money to cover credits.

The betting limitation is probably for processing. Other reasons could be to prevent sniping or to not punish people with slow connections.