test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Improving on the Astral Diamond Refinement.

juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to bring to the attention of the developers about a conception flaw, pertaining to the game as of the current module. The issue is a lot of players who spend a lot of time and attention to the game currently is that, there is no way to make Astral Diamonds without pouring money into 3rd party vendors, or exploiting. I am of course in favor with contributing to the game and its employees for their hard work, but I refuse to be forced into making Astral Diamonds by methods that result in banning. I sit around and listen to people constantly bragging about making 10-20 million Astral Diamonds a day through exploits. Many of which the Moderator's have no clue exist. Why must good and dedicated player such as myself and you, be forced to compete with such under-handed and corrupt methods to accelerate in Neverwinter?

Another issue is that a lot of the game concepts such as the Astral Diamond refinement system has stayed the same since I started playing (over a year ago). I often farm many more thousands per day that I can not have access to due to the limit of what we may and may not refine. With the amount of Astral Diamonds being farmed now by many players in Heroic Encounters and dungeons has skyrocketed to the point that armor such as the Avatar of War, which 8 months ago cost over 6,000,000 to obtain, is now reduced to about 250,000 for the entire set. Sell it on the Auction you may say, rather than salvaging it. Typically posting such items for 3,000 on the Auction results in weeks if not months of competitive pricing and undercutting. In short, selling an item that already has hundreds of postings, seems somewhat redundant and obsolete. Essentially, your punishing a lot of honest and great players, who pour lots of funding and time into the game, for what others may or may not attempt to exploit. Don't even get me started on crafting, you'll be lucky to make any money through this method of producing goods.

With a new cap of 50,000 Astral Diamonds Refinement players will be able to cycle 3-4 characters daily and make a decent income of Astral Diamonds. This does not affect professions such as leadership, due to the fact the max craft-able Astral Diamonds per day is around 22,000. Unless you have great assets and have spent tons of money to craft faster, again, more power to you. Exploiting this system is highly unlikely, therefore allowing more consideration from the Mod's to actually change this aspect of the games economy. The time and attention required to max level/gear and max gear character on a free-to-play level is nonexistent. With 5 Modules under its belt (6th imminent), Neverwinter has allowed many of its core concepts to corrode and wither into obsolete forms of laughable content. Spending much of its time on updating methods of game play that the community could care less about. What actually makes the game more enjoyable has taken a drastic turn. They have developed all the same pump-&-dump mentalities to their marketing scheme that they have completely forgotten what set them apart from other games. At this point the only thing that does anymore is the D&D logo on the log in screen.

I showed a group of friends what it took to get decent gear (T2), full boons and rank 7 enchants to start the game on a playable platform (lowest). All of which laughed and declined because they can do the same thing, paying a subscription in a game, and actually obtain what they need through dedication and game play. There is absolutely no reason Neverwinter should be holding players back when they claim to be a Free-to-play game. If it is really your intention to allow people to play your game without spending money, then why disillusion everyone with the concept they can even be good at the game then? I say this because with the changes in the loot system and with the changes to the markets, Everyone making money right now is exploiting and buying from 3rd party Vendors, and all the dedicated players who buy Zen, support the game, and love this game for its amazing game play concepts, are left in the dust to feel cheated, and under appreciated.

This change to the Astral Diamond system was discussed between 30 of some of the best and skilled PvE players in Neverwinter on Teamspeak during a open discussion and found to be the most reliable and exploit free method of farming Astral Diamonds in the future. The amount of work required to make this possible in coding would be simple as editing a line. So please don't miss this opportunity to help your player base, by instead of giving them more mountains to climb in search of greatness, giving them the tools they need to ascend these obstacles.

The discussion is open to new ideas, any suggestions for assisting players in making Astral Diamonds a legitimate way is welcomed, Any and all methods of exploitation for capital will be flagged and removed, This is a serious topic, with the potential to help the community, so please take it seriously. I would hate for everyone to miss out on a solid opportunity because you had to poison this thread with nonsense. Thank you for your time. Have fun. Be safe. Support Neverwinter.
Post edited by juicebox87 on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem is if you raise the cap you have more AD being created, this will just lead to more inflation. Allowing more money to just be created can lead to hyperinflation. To learn a little about hyperinflation you can look at events from real life such as. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where, exactly, did you get your Minimums from?
    Because I've been playing since Beta and I've only got that stuff on maybe two of my 9 LvL 60 Toons.
    And there is NOTHING in this game that needs Gear of that calibre just to play.
    Those "Minimums" you gave are pure E-Peen levels of power.
    Flooding the game with cheap AD and backing the Exchange up again does nothing for anybody and just forces prices on decent Gear up to the point where only the serial Grinders can legitimately afford it.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I can't stand this Games' economy, but doubling the amount of AD in circulation will end with the kind of hyper inflation that saw that AW set selling at 6,000,000. Again.
    It seems to me that you have gotten the idea that the hyper inflated prices of several months ago were normal for the game. They were not. They were an anomaly caused by a specific and persistent exploit, now fixed. We are now only just starting to see prices return to normal.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Where, exactly, did you get your Minimums from?
    Because I've been playing since Beta and I've only got that stuff on maybe two of my 9 LvL 60 Toons.
    And there is NOTHING in this game that needs Gear of that calibre just to play.
    Those "Minimums" you gave are pure E-Peen levels of power.
    Flooding the game with cheap AD and backing the Exchange up again does nothing for anybody and just forces prices on decent Gear up to the point where only the serial Grinders can legitimately afford it.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I can't stand this Games' economy, but doubling the amount of AD in circulation will end with the kind of hyper inflation that saw that AW set selling at 6,000,000. Again.
    It seems to me that you have gotten the idea that the hyper inflated prices of several months ago were normal for the game. They were not. They were an anomaly caused by a specific and persistent exploit, now fixed. We are now only just starting to see prices return to normal.

Actually the prices are abnormal now due to Tiamat devaluing any content that isn't Tiamat. The inflated prices of resonatorgate are abnormal but historically today's prices are abnormal as well.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Refining AD is ONE source of income. It shouldn't be your ONLY source of income.

It's like playing World of Warcraft, and complain that you can't make any gold because all you're counting on is picking up the gold drops from killing mobs, which is a terrible way to build wealth.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only ways I see to fix the economy here....create a new server and allow people to convert naked characters to it...or BoP most drops, making people earn their stuff rather than buy it off the AH. Force people to play the game...not just wait for their leadership alts to finish.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Deleted for double post.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @ ironzerg ^
    I agree with this in some ways, it shouldn't be your only source of income. But at the same time making an income via other professions is very hard and minimal returns are really gotten.

I think the main thing a lot of people do is just merchanting items (epic mounts / enchants / MoP's , buying high AD value items for gold, etc. and increasing wealth. and on the occasional rare drop (That doesn't BOP) might get 10-20k AD or so. (its amazing how low the artifact belts have dropped.)

that being said and going on a totally different tangent. Eye of Lathander should be BOE. BiB and RoIR are both BOE, so its so much harder to finish the Lathander set than it is the other two.
    Only ways I see to fix the economy here....create a new server and allow people to convert naked characters to it...or BoP most drops, making people earn their stuff rather than buy it off the AH. Force people to play the game...not just wait for their leadership alts to finish.

My problem with the current economy is how undervalued AD is. And how expensive the AD sinks are, I understand the sinks were in place to drop the overly high AD amounts due to exploits, but as more and more ad Vanishes, these sinks should gradually lower to more acceptable levels.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, no and thrice no to ANY suggestion of raising the AD refinement cap..... I want my AD to be worth MORE, not less and raising the cap will make it worth less. simple economics!
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think looking at the ZAX is a good indication that there's still too much AD around in the game. They need to flush out more AD in the game by having more attractive items on sale, either with AD or in zen store.

If they allow higher RAD refinement, it'll just make things worse as others have mentioned already. We don't need higher inflation.

A suggestion for people to farm for AD for playing the game would be make new armor sets (that will be BiS) drop from dungeon BoE. Just like how it was before they have been devalued by tiamat. They could also remake Castle Never to be 5 times as hard as it currently is, and have new ancient weapon set to be good enough that will make people buy them again.

If they have very difficult dungeons that requires a bit of skills and a lot of time like it used to, then players who would want to farm these dungeons will make AD like before. I guarantee you there will be people buying these items, as there are heaps of rich (p2w) people who can't be bothered grinding and farming for these items and rather just buy it. Take artifact offhand for example, there were heaps of people who'd p2w and get those without even doing tiamat, unfortunately the AD spent didn't go towards other players (except the botters selling dragon hoard coffers later on). This is what needs to be fixed! A simple solution would have been making the offhand drop from tiamat at a higher rate, which are BoE.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will never understand why some players keep asking for the cap rise. It's very simple: more AD means AD will be less valuable - prices will go up - you'll want another cap raise cause now your 50k AD are worth the same as what 25k AD used to.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2015
    juicebox87 wrote: »
    This change to the Astral Diamond system was discussed between 30 of some of the best and skilled PvE players in Neverwinter

And none of them, apparently, knows the basics of economics.

When all players start to produce more money, it doesn't mean their ability to buy anything will rise. More money in the market means lower value of the currency, means higher prices.

The keyword, as stated before, is inflation.

With more money on the market and higher prices it will be even more difficult for new players to reach the level of veteran players.

The worst idea for Neverwinter economy is to allow people to pour more AD into it.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no, never, rad refining is fine,
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was just pondering how short-lived my enjoyment of the game would be if I was one of those uber-exploiters supposedly making 20 million AD each day. A few days of that and I'd run out of stuff to buy and just lose interest in the whole thing.

But back on topic, I'm not sure the OP has really thought it through.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, no and thrice no to ANY suggestion of raising the AD refinement cap..... I want my AD to be worth MORE, not less and raising the cap will make it worth less. simple economics!

^what he said

raising the cap will only make ADs worth even less than they currently are (and they are already worth next to nothing, see ZAX, nobody wants to buy ADs at this very moment)
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More refine just means more bloat from refinebots. It's a bad fix. Really less BoP would be the best fix because it increases the likelihood that someone without a lot of AD will get a drop they can sell to someone with a lot of AD.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As someone that constantly sitting on 2-3 mil RAD, i'm totally against rising the refine cap, as was stated by many people, this is simple economics, more AD = inflation = less value of a single AD = less purchase power.

More so, it will hurt the new players the most, they rely on the dailies and slower/fewer/less worth while dungeon runs and most of the time do not cap the 24k. The suggestion to rise the cap will rise the enchant prices and keep the new players further behind.

Also I really do not wish to see the 'great and glorious' times of 15 mil ZAX backlog.

Skilled PvE players do not yield automatic economy understanding.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's simple economics 101. If you introduce more AD into the system, then you devalue the worth of the AD. Also, there are tons of ways to generate AD other than the rAD cap. It's a supplement, not the be-all, end-all source.

However, since these threads tend to devolve into discussion of exploits and wrongdoing, I'm going to close it down.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Closing this up. These threads continue to appear and the same answer is given:

If the caps are raised, all that would mean is that all the prices of things would raise to compensate for the constant influx of AD into the system (inflation), and then we'd be right back here with players asking for another raise in the cap. The cycle would never end.

Additionally, it was stated in last week's livestream that they have no plans to raise the caps in the future.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.