test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tymora event shop

n1ghtcreepern1ghtcreeper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So, maybe I missed an announcement or post already addressing this, but..where are all the other items available to be purchased with Favors of Tymora that were shown in the event announcement....dye packs, costumes, blood rubies etc. The only thing available in the shop atm is the fancy horse. Are these items not going to be available and this was just another typical SNAFU?
Post edited by n1ghtcreeper on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Umm, you misread. Those are not rewards you get for the favors. Those are rewards you need to buy, and then you get the favors as a bonus.
    Single Favors of Tymora can be found in the Gifts of Tymora that players find on defeated enemies. Favors of Tymora can also be obtained with the purchase of certain Zen Market items as well.

See?
  • n1ghtcreepern1ghtcreeper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ahhh, yep...misread indeed. Thank for making me take a second look :)

and on a further note...I figured those blood rubies as an event shop item were too good to be true
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ahhh, yep...misread indeed. Thank for making me take a second look :)

and on a further note...I figured those blood rubies as an event shop item were too good to be true

Apparently people are buying the Blood Rubies 3-pack (I presume to get the Favors) and then selling them on AH for less than the cost of a single one; singles are 800z, which is currently 400,000 AD at 500/1 conversion in ZAX, making the AH Blood Rubies a great deal if you want a lot of RP. Just a heads-up for you all. The three pack is 2000z, so they are passing their "savings" on I suppose.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It does seem a bit odd to have an event shop that only sells one item.
    Is that really the only use for the event Favors?
    I went looking for another vendor because I was sure I must be missing something.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    It does seem a bit odd to have an event shop that only sells one item.
    Is that really the only use for the event Favors?
    I went looking for another vendor because I was sure I must be missing something.
    That's because the shop is new and it's the first shop item. We didn't have the shop last time around. I'd expect to see more items added each time the event comes around in the future.
  • janrdoh1janrdoh1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The event shop is actually a pretty rubbish item considering what you have to buy from the zen shop or grind to get those coins .
    A fancy horse that is no faster than the ones you get for 5 gold.
    The rest of the stuff from the box is nice those especially tymoras lucky coin buffs .
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I was kinda expecting the usual mix of trash items and consumables plus a few transmutes, a fashion item and maybe a green companion or something. As it stands someone is going to splash serious cash on blood rubies, get given a bunch of bonus favors then be given a choice of a slow horse or nothing. Anyone with that kind of budget will probably already be sorted for a mount.

Still, as Zeb says, I guess the vendor stock list will grow by the time the event comes around again.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Apparently people are buying the Blood Rubies 3-pack (I presume to get the Favors) and then selling them on AH for less than the cost of a single one; singles are 800z, which is currently 400,000 AD at 500/1 conversion in ZAX, making the AH Blood Rubies a great deal if you want a lot of RP. Just a heads-up for you all. The three pack is 2000z, so they are passing their "savings" on I suppose.

Blood rubies have been around this price for quite a while...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    frishter wrote: »
    Blood rubies have been around this price for quite a while...

I know that. That was't the point of my comment. I'll try to be more clear as to my intents hence.

As for the Fancy horse - it's not rubbish. (Well, maybe it is to some) - it's about vanity. I suspect many of the same people proclaiming such is "rubbish" also want more "Fashion" outfits. It's all about the cosmetics. Those people who want that rose for their character's theme will get it and likely upgrade its rank. I'm even thinking about it myself for the *theme* of it with a DC character I'm thinking to create.

It's rather condescending to proclaim anything to be "rubbish" or "useless" without adding the "for me" statement; just blanket trash-mouthing stuff. The game does not revolve around you. As so many like to trumpet: it's an MMO; meaning it's meant for a lot of people simultaneously.

CAVEAT: When I say "you" it is meant as a "general you" to any reader and not meant as a direct reply to anyone.