test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Client Login Issues (Resolved)

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    tofflesby wrote: »
    There's no dropdown, but my selected shard is Neverwinter, out of Neverwinter, Neverwinterpreview, and Owlbear
    That is strange then as to why it is installing the game again. Did you have it installed in a different directory than the launcher? Perhaps instead of pasting as a shortcut, you pasted a copy of the Launcher instead. Wherever that launcher is is where it will patch the game into.

Your file Structure should look like:

/Neverwinter_en/ (location of launcher, Neverwinter.exe)
    /Neverwinter_en/live/ (location of game client files)
  • tofflesbytofflesby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My files for neverwinter are an absolute mess since I originally used the standalone, then switched to ARC. According to windows explorer, neither of those files exist on my computer
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Finally found the game client but can't get past the log in page.
  • koormiskoormis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    That's the problem then, your Neverwinter.exe launcher is in another location. You'll need to find that and launch that until the ARC issue is resolved.

Finally, it`s working and i`m in the game :) Thanks for ur patience with me zebular. U got my respect :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Here's some images to help.

Find this:

nw_gamelauncher01.gif

Right-click it, Create a shortcut:
    nw_gamelauncher02.gif

Run that shortcut.

koormis wrote: »
    Finally, it`s working and i`m in the game Thanks for ur patience with me zebular. U got my respect
    No worries! Glad you were able to figure it out! :)
    edited February 2015
    Tried it with the one I could find, still tried the 6k mb patch. It should be noted that my file setup looks absolutely nothing like yours, to the point where I don't even have a PWE folder. It's not a huge deal, all I'm losing are celestial coins. Thanks for your help though
    edited February 2015
    Tried it with the one I could find, still tried the 6k mb patch. It should be noted that my file setup looks absolutely nothing like yours, to the point where I don't even have a PWE folder. It's not a huge deal, all I'm losing are celestial coins. Thanks for your help though
    My Games and PWE folders are custom folders that I made prior to installing any games, then chose to install ARC Client into my Games/PWE folder. I then set in my ARC Options to not install games inside the ARC folder but instead inside the PWE folder.

Default options in ARC Client will have all games installed inside of ARC's folders.
    edited February 2015
    Now I'm incredibly confused. A computer-wide search for ARC only found things from before 2009. I don't think ARC even existed in 2009
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so arc crashed i guess. which crashed my neverwinter in the middle of a dungeon run. and its very fustrating cause now i cant login to arc cause it says they are expieriencing problems with logins and are investigating it. so how can i start using neverwinter without arc i heard a admin did it before or something. any help is apreciated thanks.
    edited February 2015
    Now I'm incredibly confused. A computer-wide search for ARC only found things from before 2009. I don't think ARC even existed in 2009
    Very strange. If I were you, I'd wait until the ARC issues are resolved then uninstall all your ARC Games and the ARC Client too, then go through and clean up any left-overs. Then finally go and reinstall ARC in a custom directory. Then before reinstalling your games through ARC, go in and specify a default install location for games outside the ARC directory.
    edited February 2015
    Try launching the game without ARC running. I was able to log in just fine without ARC.

It seems the ARC Client is having connection issues. I've forwarded a report off, thanks!

To run Neverwinter without ARC:
    Close down ARC completely, make sure its not running in Task Manager (right-click taskbar, select Task Manager, end any ARC processes). Then navigate to the game's installation directory and find Neverwinter.exe - make a shortcut to this directly and use that shortcut to run the launcher.

This will only work on Cryptic Games or the few other PWE Games that don't require ARC to run (like Forsaken World). Just find those game's launchers instead, using the same work-around method.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
    how do i find the games installation. i cant seem to find it.
    edited February 2015
    how do i find the games installation. i cant seem to find it.
    I posted an example of my installation location. Your location will vary depending on what you chose to do when installing ARC and its Games. The easiest way is to search for "Neverwinter.exe" (with the quotes) in your Windows Explorer. Make a custom shortcut to that executable and then use that shortcut to run the launcher without ARC.
    edited February 2015
    I posted an example of my installation location. Your location will vary depending on what you chose to do when installing ARC and its Games. The easiest way is to search for "Neverwinter.exe" (with the quotes) in your Windows Explorer. Make a custom shortcut to that executable and then use that shortcut to run the launcher without ARC.
    still unable to find it and i typed that in correctly. usually im great with computers im learning to work on them for a living. but with this im fustrated.
  • sirddsirdd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Try launching the game without ARC running. I was able to log in just fine without ARC.

It seems the ARC Client is having connection issues. I've forwarded a report off, thanks!

To run Neverwinter without ARC:
    Close down ARC completely, make sure its not running in Task Manager (right-click taskbar, select Task Manager, end any ARC processes). Then navigate to the game's installation directory and find Neverwinter.exe - make a shortcut to this directly and use that shortcut to run the launcher.

This will only work on Cryptic Games or the few other PWE Games that don't require ARC to run (like Forsaken World). Just find those game's launchers instead, using the same work-around method.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

You must have an older installation, I only been playing for a few weeks, I dont have NW files to access it all runs thru Arc
    edited February 2015
    should i just delete arc and redownload neverwinter through steam?
    edited February 2015
    sirdd wrote: »
    You must have an older installation, I only been playing for a few weeks, I dont have NW files to access it all runs thru Arc
    Nah, I just reinstalled ARC last month. The thing is, I never let a program install where it wants to by default. I have my own file structure with folders for Apps, Games, and more.
    still unable to find it and i typed that in correctly. usually im great with computers im learning to work on them for a living. but with this im fustrated.
    My guess, is that it's either being defaulted to a /Users/ location or somewhere else that's not being indexed by windows search. One gal I know had ARC accidentally set to install everything to her Desktop, which naturally caused memory crashes and black screens.
    edited February 2015
    Steam has a tendancy to slow the computer, it requires much more processes then Arc does... but if it works for you go for it!
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I just reinstalled ARC last month. My guess, is that it's either being defaulted to a /Users/ location or somewhere else that's not being indexed by windows search. One gal I know had ARC accidentally set to install everything to her Desktop, which naturally caused memory crashes and black screens.

wierd ive been having black screen flashes every so often also
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I just reinstalled ARC last month. The thing is, I never let a program install where it wants to by default. I have my own file structure with folders for Apps, Games, and more.My guess, is that it's either being defaulted to a /Users/ location or somewhere else that's not being indexed by windows search. One gal I know had ARC accidentally set to install everything to her Desktop, which naturally caused memory crashes and black screens.

No unfortunately, the only exe. Im able to locate is Neverwinter_Arc setup and thats in downloads Ive searched Users and even Temp files for the actual game exe. only thing I keep coming up with is ArcLaunch so it would seem to be intergrated very annoying that I cant bypass arc!
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I just reinstalled ARC last month. The thing is, I never let a program install where it wants to by default. I have my own file structure with folders for Apps, Games, and more.My guess, is that it's either being defaulted to a /Users/ location or somewhere else that's not being indexed by windows search. One gal I know had ARC accidentally set to install everything to her Desktop, which naturally caused memory crashes and black screens.

No unfortunately, the only exe. Im able to locate is Neverwinter_Arc setup and thats in downloads Ive searched Users and even Temp files for the actual game exe. only thing I keep coming up with is ArcLaunch so it would seem to be intergrated very annoying that I cant bypass arc!
    edited February 2015
    Testing ARC installation on my laptop (a Win7 machine), it wants to install ARC to C:/Program Files/

After installation, it then is found in
    C:/Program Files/Arc/

Alas, as I cannot log into ARC to see the default location it installs games into, I cannot say for certain where it does install them to. However, if memory serves, it would be within that
    C:/Program Files/Arc/ location, in its own folder there-in.

My Suggestion for those of you not finding Neverwinter.exe, make sure that your Windows Explorer is set to show hidden and system files. Failing that, just wait till the ARC login issue is resolved. I'd also then suggest to look at this in the future after the ARC login issue is resolved and uninstall ARC and All ARC Games, then reinstall it in a location you specify instead, while also choosing where to install any ARC Games into as well.
    edited February 2015
    Still can't get to the character select screen
    edited February 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    Still can't get to the character select screen
    That happens when you run GameClient.exe directly instead of Neverwinter.exe - loading the client without the launcher is not recommended.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Testing ARC installation on my laptop (a Win7 machine), it wants to install ARC to C:/Program Files/

After installation, it then is found in
    C:/Program Files/Arc/
    Odd. On my Windows 8.1 machine the default install location for Arc is C:/Program Files (x86)/Perfect World Entertainment/Arc. All games installed via Arc are in the same PWE directory. So on my machine the C:/Program Files (x86)/Perfect World Entertainment folder contains folders for Arc, Neverwinter_en, Champions Online_en, and Star Trek Online_en.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited February 2015
    That happens when you run GameClient.exe directly instead of Neverwinter.exe - loading the client without the launcher is not recommended.

But the launcher doesn't work?
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also, when opening either neverwinter.exe or the shortcut you made for it (see post #14) right click on it and select "run as administrator."
    I was not able to run Neverwinter without Arc unless I did this...
    edited February 2015
    Also, when opening either neverwinter.exe or the shortcut you made for it (see post #14) right click on it and select "run as administrator."
    Ah, good point! I forget about this since I don't have my games installed within the protected system directories.
    edited February 2015

Finally. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.