test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox One's lack of a minimap is truly horrendous.

124»

Comments

• thanatosixiithanatosixii Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agreed with the need of mini map
  • firesforever2firesforever2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ideal solution for me would be if they could put the mini map and chat window on my tablet via smartglass or their own app.
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs have responded to the community, and are looking into a mini map fix

How bout mentioning where they responded. Doesn't seem to be here or the reddit.
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ideal solution for me would be if they could put the mini map and chat window on my tablet via smartglass or their own app.

The bad thing is not all of us use smart phones or such technology to have that all of the time. I'd rather just a small map in my corner that I can put to almost invisible and use it when I need.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    I thought I was going to be bothered by not having it for sure. Turns out I actually hardly miss it.

I dont see where they could place it, without covering up all the Lock box spam messages, and those are definitely important UI elements.
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maltoka wrote: »
    I thought I was going to be bothered by not having it for sure. Turns out I actually hardly miss it.

I dont see where they could place it, without covering up all the Lock box spam messages, and those are definitely important UI elements.

They can put it in the top right corner like on pc, the only reason the xbox version's ui seems so cluttered is because they made everything 10 times larger than it has to be.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems like a Minimap is kind of an MMO staple, and I hope they add it to the Xbox One version.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • ksouthern1981ksouthern1981 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree that this is a needed feature. I feel as though I'm watching the glitter trail and hoping it doesn't vanish (which it does often) and not exploring.
  • shadow2085shadow2085 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    Why was the minimap completely removed? It was extremely useful, almost needed, in the PC version. I know that the rainbow trails that lead to objectives are still in the XB1 version, which is better than nothing in terms of navigation, but I'd much rather have a minimap. It actually encourages exploration, while a rainbow trail to all objectives pretty much removes all sense of exploration.

Can we please get some insight as to its removal, and if there are any plans to add it?

Please post if you agree, and want a minimap added to the Xbox One version as well.

EDIT: Also post if you want a toggle-able optional minimap.

EDIT 2: Just want to say that one of the points on the live stream Q&A they did was that "Minimap might be added if enough people want it."

EDIT 3: From Arc Games news page:

So please people, keep supporting it, show you really want/need it. It gets close to breaking the game in my opinion without it, and is truly needed.

LOL if you cant memorize these small Maps atfer afew times of running threw them , then i dunno man GG Mini map is not needed cry about something more useful
  • ereasernlereasernl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What also really annoys me is that you can't scroll the full scale map.
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Would love a mini-map.
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ereasernl wrote: »
    What also really annoys me is that you can't scroll the full scale map.

You can. Press the 'view' button to 'switch panes' and I'm pretty sure the right stick scrolls it.