test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox One's lack of a minimap is truly horrendous.

Comments

• Options
    myrkul76myrkul76 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would be happy with not being booted every time I zone into another zone......
  • Options
    seanhazz1seanhazz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    myrkul76 wrote: »
    I would be happy with not being booted every time I zone into another zone......

I hope they work this out, because I am enjoying the launch so far.

Having the mini-map, as full sized map toggle is surprisingly very fast, and also it forces me to actually remember landmarks outside of the actual quest sparkles leading me on. It reminds me of Hardcore modes in some of the shooter games, where the min-map isn't an option, so I am not bothered. I also think it leads to more content exploration vs. some people blazing past and not experiencing some content for the sake of leveling.
  • Options
    gaborik79gaborik79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am fine with it or without it. I'm not sure how not having it hinders your "exploration" I am always going off the path to explore the trail always follows me and corrects the coarse.

Like I said I'm not for or against but hope if they so add it, it doesn't become cluttered and cause even more QQing...
  • Options
    gaborik79gaborik79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played for a good 5 hours last night and didn't get booted once...I did freeze for a good 30sec once but never booted. Is this a common issue or could it be something in your end?
  • Options
    morbidromanticmorbidromantic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree there should be a mini-map in the Xbox One version. However, I see that some people don't support it, or could care less whether or not we have it. So, it would be important to also allow players to turn it off in Options.
    Personally, I also looked for a way to turn it on when I started playing. And, I was surprised that it was not an available feature.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played PC for a bit prior to XBox One release just to get a feel for the game, and I do say, I miss the mini map... a perma toggle on feature would be wonderful IMO.
  • Options
    jaffacakekingjaffacakeking Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This game needs an on screen mini-map. So frustrating having to keep bringing the main map up to see where i am.
  • Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This might be added in a future update. As nothing has been said about this yet on the xbox one. So we don't know yet. But I would like a toggle one. Where you can have it turn on. And if you don't want it then you can turn it off. :)
  • Options
    swanlee597swanlee597 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd rather have the mini map then the magic bread crumbs whihc really tend to dumb down the quests
  • Options
    gamernonegamernone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't need a mini map. The HUD is already cumbersome and intrusive so I do not want more of it blocking my screen. For an instance based RPG the bread crumb is sufficient. If the devs are thinking of adding a mini map PLEASE make it optional because I would guess a lot of people value screen space over a mini map.
  • Options
    godzillasapexgodzillasapex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes a minimap is needed
  • Options
    epsilon616epsilon616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mini Map Needed. I'd even take a button combination to have a Mini-map pop up on the UI or a toggle option is the menu.

But the bread crumb trail is terrible and getting to the main map is cumbersome.
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would even settle for the quest tracker being fixed (not insisting on tracking quests in another zone instead of the one i am in for example) and a little compass somewhere on the screen so i know which direction i am going.

Ideally i would love the exact same hud as the pc version, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to have the same hud.
  • Options
    jpojpo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh....put me on the other side of this one.
    I dislike....detest...mini maps. That take away from any sense of exploration and most Xbox games.that have them don't give us the option to remove them. I'm taking about you Dragon Age.

I guess an option would be okay, but it's okay the way it is.

Maybe they could figure out a way to put the mini map on the Xbox One Smartglass app. That would be pretty sweet.
  • Options
    xcharnelxcharnel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 for toggle-able minimap!

In addition to the trail, not instead of it.
    I wouldn't always want it on my screen, but in many cases the lack of it is annoying.
  • Options
    sakaweedsakaweed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think putting a mini map in the smartglass app would be nice but having a toggable mini map would be better. You could have it mapped to LB + up and then make the area map available by pressing start and going through the menus. My hands are already in use with my controler so having to navigate an app at the same time would be a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Less clutter is better for me - but as long as there's an option to turn it off I'm cool with it. Although, it's a hardware resource issue I'd be pretty unhappy to see anything else suffer for it's inclusion.
    A smart-glass app would be sweet though.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Acutally since we don't need it for anything but seeing if we're in the zone for a quest I don't see the need however I do think they absolutely need to add better controls to the main map like the ability to move the map around on the L pad while choosing which zone to go to on the right list. That would help out tremendously because mines not doing it.

Smartglass would be good but on second thought if they'd just add gateway to the smartglass app I think that would be far superior a need right now.
  • Options
    th3r3algam3th3r3algam3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes its way needed. please put it in. and reduce price cost geez.
  • Options
    lholmanclholmanc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If we could have a minimap AND adjust our ui and rearrange it like on PC itd be amazing right now the UI is horrible... Large, clunky, oddly organized. I want to customize it. Hell i want all the baisic MMO features that are missing in this game. (Character zooming, Ui control, A working AH, Hair that doesnt disapear and reapear constantly, clipping issues with gear or while walking, Etc.) Most of these arent an issue on PC but Xbone something went awry at Perfect World.
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jpo wrote: »
    Eh....put me on the other side of this one.
    I dislike....detest...mini maps. That take away from any sense of exploration and most Xbox games.that have them don't give us the option to remove them. I'm taking about you Dragon Age.

I guess an option would be okay, but it's okay the way it is.

Maybe they could figure out a way to put the mini map on the Xbox One Smartglass app. That would be pretty sweet.

The biggest issue is the fact this game was ported from the pc version which was built with a minimap in mind, you can't just remove a minimap from a game that was made to use it and it be all fine and dandy. If the game was built without a minimap at all and took that into consideration it wouldn't be an issue. This isn't a game made from scratch for console, they shouldn't remove such large features when porting it without at least adding other means of working without it.
  • Options
    ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Signed, the lack of a mini map in any MMO is ridiculous.
  • Options
    marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree we need that minimap. Not only was it very helpful, it also had the current and upcoming events right next to it.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1

I also looked and thought "where is the minimap?"

I would also like to see the possibility of changes to the Local Map. At this time you cannot select waypoints, or fast travel within a zone, or move the map around freely.

Add:
    Waypoint Toggle
    Fast travel within zone (perhaps even to specific characters ie Sgt Knox. of course I see that buying mounts is preferred.)
    Map Freelook

This is coming from my Dragon Age Inquisition experience
  • Options
    wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not even a compass to point you north, south, east or west? Bring back the mini map!! Jeez, I'd at least like to know what direction I am facing!
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Devs have responded to the community, and are looking into a mini map fix
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    that is sweet. can't wait
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »
    Not even a compass to point you north, south, east or west? Bring back the mini map!! Jeez, I'd at least like to know what direction I am facing!

Keep an eye out on there Dev track to see what is happen. So then you will know what is comeing :).
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But the devs also didnt think we console players would want such a feature to begin with.....
  • Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs have responded to the community, and are looking into a mini map fix

Glad to hear that.