What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voltomey's Paladin Review

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Finished the editing on the encounter note's they should be alot more clear and straight to the point then before
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great job on the skeleton Voltomey, I was just wondering. In regards to the Dragonborn for a healidin, wouldn't WIS/CON be more beneficial since pally's don't do dmg to heal as a templock would? Straight incoming heal% + power should over the long term be a better benefit than increasing crit and heal %. I would think going dwarf would be more viable, but I don't know the math behind incoming heal% + power to increased crit % + incoming heal %. There are other stuff like the other racial attributes so I could be out of line.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Great job on the skeleton Voltomey, I was just wondering. In regards to the Dragonborn for a healidin, wouldn't WIS/CON be more beneficial since pally's don't do dmg to heal as a templock would? Straight incoming heal% + power should over the long term be a better benefit than increasing crit and heal %. I would think going dwarf would be more viable, but I don't know the math behind incoming heal% + power to increased crit % + incoming heal %. There are other stuff like the other racial attributes so I could be out of line.

Yeah that crit build was just a idea but after playing around with a 50% crit chance on preview i would have to say power wins out for now so stick with con you only need a min of 13 Char any way to get a high crit build. BTW atm human seem to win out for this class at least imho getting 3 extra heroic feat points is just golden.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    Yeah that crit build was just a idea but after playing around with a 50% crit chance on preview i would have to say power wins out for now so stick with con you only need a min of 13 Char any way to get a high crit build. BTW atm human seem to win out for this class at least imho getting 3 extra heroic feat points is just golden.

Thanks for the reply! It seems, for paladin at least, with the nice heroic feat set they have, Human could definitely be a great race for it!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the reply! It seems, for paladin at least, with the nice heroic feat set they have, Human could definitely be a great race for it!

Let Me answer that better it seems to me you want the best healing possible if that's so then you will have to sacrifice some Crit make a human and Roll 16 Con 18 Wis and 12 Cha Put every thing in Con/Wis Like you said Get the legendary Wisdom belt all together with campfire Buff that will give you 30 Wisdom that's 20% in every thing Wisdom will gives that will net you the best healing bonus you could possibly want as well as Control Bonuses and you will be providing allot of CC/Utility with the Dev paladin. All while having a respectable base 28% crit chance that you can boost with gear also be sure that instead of force of will get the other feat that gives you more healing bonus for your wisdom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SO in the end, a paladin is an alternative to GF on one hand and DC on the other or it is a grat replacement?
    My question regards more the healing part, as per what i red here, in this great guide, is that the OP has a lot healing (passive healing) that is very strong.. but can it be compared to a DC? IS it stronger? can it heal full health in case of emergency?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    kss1985 wrote: »
    SO in the end, a paladin is an alternative to GF on one hand and DC on the other or it is a grat replacement?
    My question regards more the healing part, as per what i red here, in this great guide, is that the OP has a lot healing (passive healing) that is very strong.. but can it be compared to a DC? IS it stronger? can it heal full health in case of emergency?

Healing wise imho they surpass the cleric in both passive and burst healing atm so much so they need to tone it down a lil bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, this is what i was expecting from a new class.. Hope this will be balanced more, as DC is a rarity thees days, and creating a new OP (overpowered) class will make disappear DC completely..

The Paladin should be a buffer/debuffer DPS class, with some heal.. not a full tank or a mega healer.. i don't get it..

In the end, after release.. they will nerf it, as they did with all the new released class...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, this is what i was expecting from a new class.. Hope this will be balanced more, as DC is a rarity thees days, and creating a new OP (overpowered) class will make disappear DC completely..

The Paladin should be a buffer/debuffer DPS class, with some heal.. not a full tank or a mega healer.. i don't get it..

In the end, after release.. they will nerf it, as they did with all the new released class...

But we dont have any of the lvl 70 dudgeon atm so it be best to hold off judgment we mite see change in this weeks patch though so as well as get paragon paths for the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    br00tall0rdbr00tall0rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

No, please no. The game needs both a full tank class and a healer. Paladin fits perfectly
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No, please no. The game needs both a full tank class and a healer. Paladin fits perfectly

I have to agree with this having a dedicated tank and healer path is perfect for this class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathpwny22deathpwny22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Given that the cleric is now a greater asset to a party acting as a DPS/debuff/buff character, I think the short range extreme overheal of the pally is a good choice. They don't have the option to keep heals up by standing in the back and not risking hits, and they pair wonderfully with either a tank pally or a GF keeping both alive while fighting in the middle of the masses.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Given that the cleric is now a greater asset to a party acting as a DPS/debuff/buff character, I think the short range extreme overheal of the pally is a good choice. They don't have the option to keep heals up by standing in the back and not risking hits, and they pair wonderfully with either a tank pally or a GF keeping both alive while fighting in the middle of the masses.
    The pallay makes a perfect back line healer just get the aura range boosting feat and have att it all the palla needs to do is spam heal itself whith cure wounds and heal the tank with lay on hand to provide substantial party whide healing with out even needing to resort you hitting any thing. They can also just sit in the back and cc mobs that others mite have agroed at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The pallay makes a perfect back line healer just get the aura range boosting feat and have att it all the palla needs to do is spam heal itself whith cure wounds and heal the tank with lay on hand to provide substantial party whide healing with out even needing to resort you hitting any thing. They can also just sit in the back and cc mobs that others mite have agroed at the same time.

Ok sounds dandy with just a slight problem that you descibed a pacifist Cleric on a mission to heal and not a Paladin fighting Evil with his holy SWORD(CRYYYYPIIIIIC SWORD) standing valiantly in front in his shining armor.

Cant say am looking forward to playing someting lurking in the shadows behind healing the wounded that has to retire from combat in form of a Paladin, but maby its just me having the idea that Paladin is a front figure that charges the enemys without fear .....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Ok sounds dandy with just a slight problem that you descibed a pacifist Cleric on a mission to heal and not a Paladin fighting Evil with his holy SWORD(CRYYYYPIIIIIC SWORD) standing valiantly in front in his shining armor.

Cant say am looking forward to playing someting lurking in the shadows behind healing the wounded that has to retire from combat in form of a Paladin, but maby its just me having the idea that Paladin is a front figure that charges the enemys without fear .....

They do both jobs perfectly i was just saying if some one wants to provide more utility and group support it be better for them just to sit in the back heal and watch for **** ups from there team like extra mobs pulls ect so its ready to banish and what not cause devotion paladins dps Front or back line is nothing to write home about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cause devotion paladins dps Front or back line is nothing to write home about

No its most certainly not atm ...

Still have to try out some builds/gear to see what i can come up with but it most likely be burst damage as compared to other classes Pal lacks all form of sustained dps of any note.

The best i can come up with atm is daily aura -50% damage for hole(y) party spammed every 20-30 sec ( more or less constant) standing in the front taking aggro looking heroic at least p)...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    No its most certainly not atm ...

Still have to try out some builds/gear to see what i can come up with but it most likely be burst damage as compared to other classes Pal lacks all form of sustained dps of any note.

The best i can come up with atm is daily aura -50% damage for hole(y) party spammed every 20-30 sec ( more or less constant) standing in the front taking aggro looking heroic at least p)...

there a support class and atm dps takes a back seat for them if you want to boost you dps start by boosting you crit chance and HP in if you want to support dps in groups bring aura of vengeance it will help dps quite well i mite add
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ben thinking about the justice paragon path Disrupting foes and destroying hem with holy radiance sounds like more of a punishment tree with emphasis on allot of DoT and redirecting/reflecting dmg but this is only a gues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cant decide if i should grab a white dragon artifact for my prot pally, they are quite cheap atm, what do you think
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I will have the Bulwark path up a lil later after proper testing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok all Bulwark paths is up discuss and ask any questions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Human has become the best race for this class all around the three feat points are just perfect to say the least. Updated with belt and races choices i will go over the other races later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    because i have updated this today to reflect changes due to vast testing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I will be sure to update any pally changes or update any new skills we should get also if you wish to post my guide in any personal Guild forums be sure to pm me first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Feats for the Light tree are up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I will get the justice feats up on Friday just in case we get additional changes to the OP now that all the tress have ben added
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I plan on switching my human paladin to the dps path(not released till after mod 6 at some point) What would you recommend as optimal stat/feat build for dps? Was thinking tank path is optimal until the dps one is developed.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    I plan on switching my human paladin to the dps path(not released till after mod 6 at some point) What would you recommend as optimal stat/feat build for dps? Was thinking tank path is optimal until the dps one is developed.

The tank path Will lower you dps If i wanted to Go dps it would be with the Light or justice path that's if justice path feat are working properly by next friday. If you do Go justice i would suggest you go 3 feat into Bulwark and get Sanctity for the 5% deflection chance and the Control Resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    exard3kexard3k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Making 30' into 40' almost doubles the area of the aura. Great feat!

I still can't decide whether to go dev or prot....love both my GF+DC.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The one thing that still weirds me out is the Temp HPs ya get from Templar's Wrath. I stock up on crit for my Protective OP. When the crit hits on Temp's Wrath, 3/4 of my health bar becomes temp HPs. Now the freaky part:

During an intense Epic HE, I just realize that I only have 1/4 health bar left so I'm hitting the potion bar. All I get is the "Hey Bonehead, Potions don't work at full health" message. Course I didn't notice that I had a hair left of temp HPs. Once the hair was gone, my health bar was full. :o

I was not panicking!!! :rolleyes:

Those that have yet to play an OP probably will!!! :p