test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I'll be the One to Ask the Important Question...

malevolent215malevolent215 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
After not receiving a Beta Code last night and checking my e-mails every 20 minutes this morning...

I'm sure a lot of us are wondering one thing.

Will there be another wave of Beta Invites going out today?

If yes, then I will try to be patient... If no, then why, oh why do you hate me!? Seriously though, I played a ton of the PC version up until last Summer. Then I decided to take a break, but when I heard about the Xbox release I became all kinds of excited. I signed up for a Beta Invite with four different e-mails... and have been promoting the hell out of the game to my Xbox friends. I joined the PC version shortly after the beta and missed my chance to be part of the Neverwinter world from the start. I really want the opportunity to do that on Xbox!!!
Post edited by malevolent215 on

Comments

• Options
    chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same here bro i stopped playing due to ****ty laptop but i got a full set of 60 raid gear before hand. Plus healers sucked in pvp so it wasnt fun to pvp. But i have been pushing this game on all my friends and it seems they just didnt send alot of keys out.
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    I'm wondering the exact same thing, if more waves will go out.
    I didn't get one either yet a ton of people who frankly shouldn't have gotten one did. I'm not just being mean, I've found some keys for sale for $15 a pop on other websites of obviously bad reputation. I mean, I want in the beta a lot, but I'd rather not have my payment information stolen, ya know?

As for why you, I, and others weren't picked that should have been: That's the curse of random selections. It lets many in that shouldn't be, and keeps many out that should be in. It's why I've always hated that method, and prefer merit-based selection methods for beta candidates.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    they should have made you have a xbox gamertag to even sign up.
    TOP 10 Mage
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lol zazaaji.. the dreaded RNG. Just like the boxes in the PC version. You see someone winning something fabulous every 2 seconds in global chat from a box.. when YOU buy a key, you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

We all just got a lockbox key and opened it to find.. a blue garbage professional, currently going for 17k on the AH.

I cringe when I see users with a Join Date of 2013 or 2012 bummed because they (we didn't get a key). And from another post, zazz.. I take no pleasure from the misfortune of others. The fact that lots of other very interested people didn't get in either (yet!) gives me no joy.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    I cringe when I see users with a Join Date of 2013 or 2012 bummed because they (we didn't get a key). And from another post, zazz..

I honestly am not sure what you are saying in regards to me, my English isn't that good yet.
    All I can tell is you're refering to dates that members signed up, and well, I may be Jan 20115 for these forums, but check http://www.arcgames.com/en/user/zazaaji/activity . I am Early 2014 joined for the site itself.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    not saying anything zazz.. I wish everyone that was interested and actively posting on these boards could get a key.

Just saying that people like Chase20tn with a join date of Jul 20, 2012, has been around for more than half a year before beta, should DEFINITELY get in.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    not saying anything zazz.. I wish everyone that was interested and actively posting on these boards could get a key.

Just saying that people like Chase20tn with a join date of Jul 20, 2012, has been around for more than half a year before beta, should DEFINITELY get in.

Ah, gotcha, and that's why I hate random selections for betas. It's completely unfair and 100% luck based. Merit based on past activity is just the best way all around to handle beta invites. I understand I'd still likely not have gotten in if it was merit based due to the fact I'm new to these forums, but still, at least Chase20tn, you, and other older members would have gotten in if that were true.

Seriously, seeing people with no gamertag getting a beta invite and trying to sell them for $15 each, while other people like us who really wanted in do not get one is just..... so annoying. Merit based invite system would've fixed that.

Still, even if we don't get it, it only lasts 4 days. At least we're not missing out on a 4 week beta or something.
  • Options
    nowwedienowwedie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tbh I have been trying to get info on this since July last year with no luck and I try once a day, it gets released in China but for some reason there are no gameplay vids on you tube and no one twitching, (if there is any on YouTube there not detailed like us and stuff) then it gets announced there doing a beta and I get so excited I nearly wee,up until this point I didn't know if it was ever going to release in the UK, now excited and with wee all over the place I use 5 emails to register cos I really don't want to miss this, then I wait and I wait with no more news and rumours of the beta being cancelled but I wait and I wait, then Monday comes and I start thinking o deer it's 3 days away and no keys out, then Tuesday,then we'd o find out people are selling them online like really WTAF I'm going to be playing this for the next who knows many years and the one chance I have of giving any feedback to developers is given to people selling the keys (not cool Bro) way I see it if the games release in China make it open beta you know it works on console and give everyone a fair say
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nowwedie wrote: »
    and I get so excited I nearly wee,up until this point I didn't know if it was ever going to release in the UK, now excited and with wee all over the place

Not sure "wee" means the same thing in the UK as it does in the US, but here, it means "pee", but in baby talk. In our dialect, you got so excited you nearly peed, then, you got excited again but with pee all over the place? I found this MUCH funnier than I probably should have, with the mind of a 6th grader.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lol zazaaji.. the dreaded RNG. Just like the boxes in the PC version. You see someone winning something fabulous every 2 seconds in global chat from a box.. when YOU buy a key, you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

We all just got a lockbox key and opened it to find.. a blue garbage professional, currently going for 17k on the AH.

I cringe when I see users with a Join Date of 2013 or 2012 bummed because they (we didn't get a key). And from another post, zazz.. I take no pleasure from the misfortune of others. The fact that lots of other very interested people didn't get in either (yet!) gives me no joy.

Lol what you dont like about me being salty i didnt get a key i can be salty. you dont have to read this stuff if you dont want to.
    I enjoyed neverwinter and wanna get back to enjoying it ill be putting my money into this game when it comes out so it dont matter if i get into beta or not.At some point i will get to play but i would love to play as soon as possible even if its gonna be wiped i wanna see how it runs on xbone.

edit opps didnt see your on my side lol reading gone wrong lolz
    TOP 10 Mage
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    O I did but I'm on my phone so auto type whoop, dude excitement urine is lethal
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Q_Q im go sit in a corner my friend got into the beta and i didnt lol. But lucky for me if he isnt on i get to play but tbh i wanna grind it out 2maro not be on a timelimit till my friend gets home so i still want a key and to any of you reading with extra key T_T how you doing ;p
    TOP 10 Mage
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Any keys going spare, would love to beta this and give genuine feedback
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    chase20tn wrote: »
    Q_Q im go sit in a corner my friend got into the beta and i didnt lol. But lucky for me if he isnt on i get to play but tbh i wanna grind it out 2maro not be on a timelimit till my friend gets home so i still want a key and to any of you reading with extra key T_T how you doing ;p

Meh its fine dude some of us have been with Perfect World and played their games and spent hundreds (over $400+ on Ether Saga alone) and didn't get in. Random is random, its just a 3 day beta. There will probably be an open beta later on or so. The only way I would be slightly flustered is if they decided to let people keep the progress they got in the limited closed beta (level, AD, gold, etc.) In that case I would probably just wait for TESO and not play Neverwinter at all, and since I bought it on PC TESO is only a $20 upgrade anyways. I just didn't like it much. I think it should have been on a priority system for supporters of the PC version.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    They gave out some Beta Keys on Twitter earlier today. Akro will also be giving out keys during the Livestream on Friday (see news). Keys were not chosen on any merits but were randomly distributed among those who signed up. I didn't even get a key. As for future keys, this is just the first beta weekend. Its not an open beta, it's still just now entering closed beta. Patience!
  • Options
    devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reading the forums today I see a lot of pc gamers, who already have the game! Whining they haven't got a beta code for the Xbox.......
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reading the forums today I see a lot of pc gamers, who already have the game! Whining they haven't got a beta code for the Xbox.......

I play the game at 1440p 120 fps maxed out graphics on my rig, but I still want to try the Xbox version. Its a whole different layout and a fresh start, very appealing.
  • Options
    trophiictrophiic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im kinda pissed i guess :/ 3 of my buddies got a key and i LOVED Neverwinter on PC i have a lvl 50 and lvl 40 but my pc would drop to like 10 fps or lower every time i would enter the city...... and in heavily populated areas it would lag hard too (dont really have a gaming pc here just one i bought from my buddy when i went to college) and im more a console gamer with the exception of a few games on pc. but i have searched my email like 60 times in past couple days and nothing :/ i was really excited for this beta and i signed up in early January.. and i bet that alot of people that got codes dont even have a xbox, wish it would have required you to put in your gamertag :/
  • Options
    uidcausticuidcaustic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ever wonder why closed beta's don't work and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game gets released? Simple... they keys don't go to the players.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-trading-market/general-mmo-buy-sell-trade/512609-neverwinter-xbox-one-closed-beta-key.html

http://www.mmoplaystore.com/#!neverwinter-xbox-beta-key-/c1r3h

http://dynafixmmo.com/keys/51-neverwinter-xbox-one-closed-beta.html

They go to the scalpers.
  • Options
    malevolent215malevolent215 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, like some others I still didn't receive a Beta Code. 4 e-mails signed up, participated in both the Twitter and Facebook giveaways and nothing...

I honestly just don't get it... Why didn't they think this through more thoroughly? Bots are getting codes and selling them on 3rd party sites... People who don't even have an Xbox One are getting codes... and yet so many fans are being passed up.

Also, why is there even a limit on codes? No offense to Perfect World, but Neverwinter isn't exactly considered a top tier MMO with a huge player base. I haven't really seen much promotion or excitement for the Closed Beta and launch outside of Neverwinter communities. Somehow I doubt they had more then a couple thousand legitimate sign-ups, yet they are limiting how many people can join. Might be the frustration... but this all seems kind of silly and unnecessary to me.

Oh well, Guess I'll just watch some streams and hopefully not lose interest in playing at all... As I said in my first post, I wanted to be part of this from the beginning and now I can't.