test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elf's Healing Build for PvP

2»

Comments

• ultimasta007ultimasta007 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2015

Ok this only helps with part of what I was asking.

Because I didn't get an answer right away I started mixing this build with the crit build. I used the powers you stated, went Human with +2 STR as stated, for 10/20 put +1 CHA and now I'm putting into WIS.

Where I'm stuck though is the feats... I never played on PC and idk the difference between that and the ones on here. I'll post a pic.
  • ultimasta007ultimasta007 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For healing purpose, we put points in STR and WIS only. CHA although is DC's secondary ability roll but it is a trap and offer minor return per point invested. If you are in Mod 5, then you run Mod 5 build without new T3 paragon feats.
  • gatorfanaticgatorfanatic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    For healing purpose, we put points in STR and WIS only. CHA although is DC's secondary ability roll but it is a trap and offer minor return per point invested. If you are in Mod 5, then you run Mod 5 build without new T3 paragon feats.

I have been all points into con and dex. I'm running a halfling and going into faithful paragon. Also, how do you feel about Exaltation and dumping 5 points into the respectable feat? On xbox to clarify too
    edited April 2015
    The new Exaltation is very bad skill for investment. CON/DEX is good in Mod 5 for tankiness but not as well as STR/WIS in Mod 6. Judge your build yourself and try to discover more about your feats and boons. The only reminder i can tell you is: NEVER TRUST THE TOOLTIP!!! Many old DC suffered from the tooltip description until Kaelac tried and calculated those datas out. Remember never trust the tooltip!!
    edited April 2015
    Bump. Done my guide and will left it like this. Please check my virtuous and righteous part TY.
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The new Exaltation is very bad skill for investment. CON/DEX is good in Mod 5 for tankiness but not as well as STR/WIS in Mod 6. Judge your build yourself and try to discover more about your feats and boons. The only reminder i can tell you is: NEVER TRUST THE TOOLTIP!!! Many old DC suffered from the tooltip description until Kaelac tried and calculated those datas out. Remember never trust the tooltip!!

Are these Boons suggestions & recommendations from Kaelac's Module 5 Devoted Cleric Guide still viable in mod6ee? Or do you have any alternative suggestions & recommendations?

Thank You for all your hard work, time and trouble making this DC mod6ee build/guide.

[[Kaelac's Module 5 Devoted Cleric Guide
    Section 2.4 Boons

If you're unhappy with your boons you can respect by respecting feats under feat menu cost about 78k AD and much cheaper than respec token. There isn't a hard or fast rule, with a lot of the stat ones it just depends on your gear and end game stat allocation. Eg if your gear already gives way too much defense then take something else. Choices here are just means to the end.

Sharandar
    1. Dark Fey Warder +250 defense. You can take power if you have no issues dying, or find you have too much defense with your preferred gear set.
    2. Fey Precision +250 crit, don’t need deflect in PvE
    3. Elven Haste: 2% multiplicative AP is great. 700 max HP is also a very decent investment, go with what you need.
    4. Either. It's so weak -450-800 per proc, 1 minute internal cool down (ICD) that you won't feel a difference.
    5. Elven resolve- you will need to dodge a lot and 10% is very noticeable. Other bonuses are rather minor at best.

Dread Ring
    1. Reliquary keeper’s Strength for power, you probably have too much crit without trying
    2. Illusory Regeneration- regen is great and hard to build.
    3. Forbidden Piercing no question. Free damage is hard to argue with.
    4. Again, fairly weak procs with 1 min cooldown. Shadowtouch for extra damage and be annoying in PvP.
    5. I don't recommend madness after fix as the uptime is too short. Endless consumption is ok for more lifesteal, but if you have negligible DPS output you get negligible lifesteal. Burning guidance is decent damage but only works when there's others around. It does turn you into an aggro magnet (any untouched mobs will aggro you) so don't pick it if you have a squishy build.

Icewind Dale
    1. Weathering the Storm- help survive those red circles. Take the alternative if you are DPS and run with good players who know what combat advantage is.
    2. Appreciation of warmth for more lifesteal/regen/self healing
    3. Either can work. You probably don't need recovery so go with the severity but it's small.
    4. Cool resolve. Cold shoulder is a very very small chance to proc, and 200 damage is tiny when it's one mob out of 20 or so whacking on you.
    5. Winter's Bounty. You get 10% AP every 90s or so and can add up to be 5-10% of your overall AP gain. You want to minimise the time between 0 AP and 100% AP and you will hopefully kill at least 1 thing every 90s. DPS builds can experiment with rousing warmth as it does proc a lot but I haven't tested extensively.

Tyranny of Dragon
    1. No right or wrong here.
    2. Dragon's Gaze +200 Crit unless you're a deflect junkie.
    3. Whatever floats your goat.
    4. Dragon's Blood +200 regen
    5-7. Dragon's revival for more incoming healing (works with lifesteal), way better than Dragon's Thirst, makes up for your weaker self heals depending on how they are implemented. DPS builds get Dragon's Fury for 5% crit severity.

Overall the module 4 boons are straightforward and offer more flexibility to rounding your build. They give less stats (200 vs 250) compared to previous mods but at least offer something to everyone.]]
  • flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    30% is pretty achievable with either wearing a profound set or

Profound armor is no longer available.
    edited May 2015
    Bump. Done my guide and will left it like this. Please check my virtuous and righteous part TY.

Why leave incorrect information in your guide? Your guide is the only updated one out there that is easily found.
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fluppery wrote: »
    Why leave incorrect information in your guide? Your guide is the only updated one out there that is easily found.

To fluppery:

Please do take note that this guide was posted/published on
    [Cool Elf's Healing Build for PvP]
    (*02-03-2015*), 11:41 PM by jazzfong.
    PWE/Neverwinter Forums User jazzfong's Avatar Join Date May 2013.

FYI: The game/class data information gathered for this post was accumulated from many additional sources from players with D.C. Class Characters like myself dating back to day #1 of the games closed beta testing to current date of the state of the games current version status mod6:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_(video_game)

Closed Beta Testing from February 8, 2013 to April 14, 2013.

Open Beta began on April 30, 2013.

Release date June 20, 2013

Xbox One March 31, 2015

01-20-2015, 05:08 PM: Announcing Module 6: Elemental Evil

Cool Elf's Healing Build for PvP by jazzfong posted on 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM

Module 6 Elemental Evil implemented on April 7, 2015

At the time that this post was published mod 6 was was still in beta testing and the data from either the ((Closed Beta Test Server: (limited player access)) and the ((Open Beta Test Server aka "the preview server" unlimited player access)). The data available from the closed & open beta tests servers; is only a limited amount of data of the new module being designed and developed. The data from the test module is not all of the data that may or may not make it to the live server.

At the time that this post was published [Cool Elf's Healing Build for PvP by jazzfong posted/published on 02-03-2015, 11:41 PM].
    The mod 6 Elemental Evil data/information that was available as of the post date. Was not the same data/information that was published on the live server on 7 April 2015. And furthermore, the OP has made additional post in reply to Q&A and has clearly stated on
    04-25-2015 Done my guide and will left it like this

04-25-2015, 09:19 PM #37
    PWE User
    jazzfong's Avatar Join Date
    May 2013
    Elf's Mod 6 Guide for PvP DC

If you are still somewhat new to the game, then I suggest you refer to and review:

Kaelac’s Guide to Devoted Clerics in Neverwinter
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-devoted-clerics-in-neverwinter/
    and
    Kaelac's Module 5 Devoted Cleric Guide
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/752-kaelacs-module-5-devoted-cleric-guide/
    and
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1
    and
    PWE/Cryptic/Neverwinter: Patch Notes: Module 1 through Module 6
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/query/Patch%20Notes
    and
    PWE/Cryptic/Neverwinter: Dev's Blogs'
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/query/Dev's%20Blogs
    and
    Neverwinter, MMOminds.com, Class, Devoted Cleric Guide Builds by Players for Players
    http://mmominds.com/category/nw/classes/devoted-cleric/

GOOGLE SEARCH: PWE Cryptic D&D Neverwinter Online Module 6 Elemental Evil Devoted Cleric Class Guide Builds
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app&gws_rd=ssl#q=PWE+Cryptic+D%26D+Neverwinter+Online+Module+6+Elemental+Evil+Devoted+Cleric+Class+Guide+Builds&tbas=0
    and
    The Neverwinter Wiki gamepedia.com Class
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Class
    and
    The Neverwinter Wiki gamepedia.com Devoted Cleric
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Devoted_Cleric
    and
    Neverwinter Wiki gamepedia.com website/webpage search results [Elemental Evil]
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Evil
    and
    Neverwinter Wiki gamepedia.com website/webpage search results [Module 6]
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/index.php?search=Module+6&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go
    and
    Dragon Tribe Forums: Class Builds Discussion
    http://www.dragon-tribe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2304992&gid=335510
    and
    D&D Neverwinter Online: "The Scribes of Oghma Guild"
    https://www.facebook.com/DandDNeverwinterOnlineTheScribesofOghmaGuild?fref=ts

OK well that is about all of the collective D&D Neverwinter Online Devoted Cleric data information I am aware of, that I can offer to you as free advice.

P.S. Having Good Reading Comprehension abilities and skills goes a long way towards learning :)
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for confirming that these Guides are misleading because they have out-dated information.

TLDR. Who has time to study out-dated information.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for confirming that these Guides are misleading because they have out-dated information.

TLDR. Who has time to study out-dated information.

Mind your words. You say it is outdated so it is outdated? There are still a lot of people having that profound set as long as he played before the profound set is taken away. That line is for those guys with profound, not for any newbies into this game. Not available is not outdated as it can still be used but not obtainable to newcomers. Please at least understand the differences between these two statements. Tons of old players having several sets that you all wished to possess but that is our rights and benefits as we play earlier than you all. Stop acting like a crying baby.

Please respect all guide posters as they spent months of playing and testing just to help the others. We are not your slaves, nor should be doing anything at your will. I saw your actions necroing old guides up and shame them not being updated. Most of them had left the game, and have no responsibility to keep an eye on the game and update it on every patch just to entertain you. We should appreciate their efforts of making guide and not complaining why it is not updating during every minor and major patches. Hope you learn some manners about this.

If you have any thinking ability (aka brain), please modify others guide and build to make your own cleric if you think it is outdated. No one write guide for beta and preview players, but we figured it out ourselves. If you defame whole build because of a sentence that you dont like, I have no idea how rude you are behind your screen in reality.

Lastly, to answer you:
    Q: Who has time to study out-dated information?
    A: We all did, we all use hundreds to thousands of your guide-study-time to write these stuffs out AND in your case, it is not even outdated!!

Stop requesting for guides if you dont even respect guide authors.

PS: I have been away for a month or two and will be back at late June. Currently studying and preparing final exam at university so please don't try to pm me in and out game as i am unable to reply u all. TY!! :cool::cool::cool:
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Stop requesting for guides if you dont even respect guide authors.

PS: I have been away for a month or two and will be back at late June. Currently studying and preparing final exam at university so please don't try to pm me in and out game as i am unable to reply u all. TY!! :cool::cool::cool:
    He's not requesting guides. What he's requesting is not pushing Mod 3 - Mod 4 stuff that's completely irrelevant by now -- which is a fairly reasonable request.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well.. even though old profound is nice in terms of divinity gains.. I dont think elf had much time to go against full groups lately, I would just use burning set.

However, if you dont want to use his guide, then dont.. sheesh people, he put the time into it, if you can build a better one then do it.

Posting someones join/access date is a little ridiculous, it posts the date you started in the forums.. not when you started the game. even then you can clearly see Elf, has been in here awhile and in terms of pvp, he is one of maybe 2-3 regular pvp DCs who have posted here for years, YEARS.

Kaelec is gone, his guides still have foundation information that is VERY valuable to a DC, but things HAVE changed a bit even since mod 5 update. In fact his old guides mathematical work not only works well in terms of this class, but the entire game. It brought light of the shenigans that cryptic tried to pull over us at times.

DC has some of the worst feats(herioc, a bunch of trap garbarge, almost all new paragon ones, trash) in the game and several powerful ones were removed from one time or another.

We have requested time and time again to have it re-worked, but they dont really listen to our class that much.

In defense of ELF, he has probably more MATCHES total in pvp then many other dc players.
    edited June 2015
    There are still a lot of people having that profound set as long as he played before the profound set is taken away. That line is for those guys with profound, not for any newbies into this game. Not available is not outdated as it can still be used but not obtainable to newcomers.

I had the full profound set + weapon set. It's 60s gear. No one is going to continue to use it. I used it to transmute my Burning.

It is not "disrespectful" to criticize...

BTW... you could have updated something instead of responding to me with formatting...
    edited June 2015
    fizbad wrote: »
    He's not requesting guides. What he's requesting is not pushing Mod 3 - Mod 4 stuff that's completely irrelevant by now -- which is a fairly reasonable request.

This is the point I am trying to make, yet there have been several users attacking me for pointing this out.

It is not disrespectful to make it clear that

OUTDATED INFORMATION CAN BE EXTREMELY MISLEADING

Of course it does not mean all the guide's information is wrong.

I cannot stress this enough to all the DCs out there who I keep seeing making out-dated builds.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    seriously enough fluppery. I don't know who all these dcs are you keep referring to but if they see a build posted from February and do not verify the modules/patches since then did not impact the build... then they got what they deserved. No build should be followed blindly. If you do that, once again you get what you deserve. These are guides not bibles.

Any person who has played MMOs know this, any person who is knew to MMO's should be looking to their guilds for guidance not only about builds but game mechanics, etc.

Part of the joy of being a tank or a healer is you never HAVE to play with other tanks and healers :-), thereby making it not your or my problem if they are perform poorly.
    edited June 2015
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    thereby making it not your or my problem if they are perform poorly.

Same to you. It's not your problem if I care, right? So why are you here trying to talk to me?

You're the person who stalked me.

And here you are again.

Get a clue.

If I say "something sucks", you think you have the right to stalk me.

I think you are obsessed.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At the time that this post was published mod 6 was was still in beta testing

mod 6 is still in "Beta testing phase " :)

I would suggest:
    1. build your DC as you want, there are good builds posted if you want to use them, do it
    the rest is up to player to find out wich encounter to use or not, or how to build divinity
    even the stats you take are not very cryptic, just read the tooltip

only thing I appreciate in this forum are threads about broken and worthless feats, encounter and class feature
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same to you. It's not your problem if I care, right? So why are you here trying to talk to me?

You're the person who stalked me.

And here you are again.

Get a clue.

If I say "something sucks", you think you have the right to stalk me.

I think you are obsessed.

I tried to educate you to make constructive posts, not just bump old builds and point out that its an old build and claim that everyone is building bad DCs because of it. I believe my challenge to you was to build a guide that is current. You said you were in the process of doing ("I am actually putting together a DC guide for debuff-healers"). Believe me I'm trying my best to ignore your trolling but unfortunately you have successfully gotten under my skin.

I messaged you in game so we could discuss it one on one and you responded with expletives. aka. stalking i guess, but since you have 125 days of game time, I'm sure you are much more qualified than me :-)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?942121-DC-Guide
    edited June 2015
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    I tried to educate you to make constructive posts, not just bump old builds and point out that its an old build and claim that everyone is building bad DCs because of it. I believe my challenge to you was to build a guide that is current. You said you were in the process of doing ("I am actually putting together a DC guide for debuff-healers"). Believe me I'm trying my best to ignore your trolling but unfortunately you have successfully gotten under my skin.

I messaged you in game so we could discuss it one on one and you responded with expletives. aka. stalking i guess, but since you have 125 days of game time, I'm sure you are much more qualified than me :-)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?942121-DC-Guide

I ignored you in the game and I'm not going to read any of your posts.

Get a clue.

@putzboy78 Makes ridiculous claims about my playtime, then posts game chat to the neverwinter forums in an effort to name and shame me.

http://pastie.org/10226621
    http://pastebin.com/Q5TMsNNd
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are you going to bump Mewbrey's cleric build and criticize both that and the author for saying they're not going to post further updates?

It's up to the individual user to do their research and make sure that build information they follow is up-to-date if they're just looking for a cookie-cutter spec.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't have an idea why OP included a "Virtuous Build".
    No offense to OP, but Virtuous is widely considered as the worst Feat Tree in the game.
    Up to Tier 3 (Gift of Haste/Gift of Life) it is definitly a good choice, however beyond that there is only Purity.
    Purity funnily mostly produces an overheal, which in actual combat scenaries makes barely any difference if at all.
    The rest are horrible so bad even if you go deeper than Tier 3 into Virtuous which is already horrible you should definitly not use the capstone!
    Even on DCs with immense gear/stats you cannot produce a median of 10000 heal ticks from Shield of the Divine. Most DCs will have between 3k or 7k ticks from it. It is barely noticable and in practice you'll notice the effectiveness from this healing over time effect is next to none.
    Don't go Virtuous, there is way to make it good. You will still be a DC as Virtuous, but basically without Paragon Feats.

Please OP remove that section. Everybody knows Lasting Wishes and Gift of Haste are great feats and Faithful and Righteous are two great feat trees already.
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    blackyluke wrote: »
    I don't have an idea why OP included a "Virtuous Build".
    No offense to OP, but Virtuous is widely considered as the worst Feat Tree in the game.
    No offense, but perhaps you should wander over to the GWFs and ask them how they feel about Sentinel. Then rinse and repeat with SWs and Temptation :)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    someone posted seeing HOT-ticks from virtous DC up to 70k? or ist that only a number he saw once in a time probably a crit from BoH he interpretetd as a HOt-Tick?
    I want to ask one more thing about virtous if anyone knows.
    Gift of faith procs from HOT´s that come from BoH, Healing word, devine glow and devine mode of Sunburst, this works also with faithfull capstone some ppl tested and posted in further threads.
    But virtous has on top cleansing fire and shield of the devine that procs HOT´s. Does these Hots trigger Gift of haste as well?
    since i went PVP meating a DC using gift of haste, my AP bar refilled within 3-4 sec at least ! very very fast
    Since AP bug is fixed is this the effect from these two feats?
    Only using BoH, HW and devine sunburst its not possible to proc gift of haste that much/fast
  • zandaroszandaros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi.

I would like to know which spec is recommended for PVP. I'm totally aware that any spec might work with the proper stuff/skill, but i'm a new player that will slowly grind and starts from 0, so there may be a better build for this.

Some people say Faithful > Virtuous, but i also read the opposite, so i'm really lost ... It seems that faiftful is more a newbie spec and virtuous a pro/geared one. Is this statement true? Maybe a top pvper could elaborate on this to clarifiy :)

Oh and i was asking for healing, but a clarification for dps would also be good i guess :p