test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scaling for Solo/Leveling Content

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 744 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
So, every other cryptic game ever has had instances scale to group size. Why not this one? I want to play with my friend, but it's just so boring because the game is so easy. Of course, NW also doesn't have a difficulty slider, which every other Cryptic game has also had. So D&D has always been a group experience for me.. why does this game turn into a joke when I add even one person to my party?

And why, a year and a half later, is this still not addressed?

It's literally keeping me from playing this game and spending money on it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think that the OP is asking for is for the solo lairs to scale for a group. Places like the Rime hounds den, and The Scalefather. None of those places get harder if you enter as party. They are simply made for one person and one person only. So something that might offer a decent challenge for one, becomes face stomping easy for 2 or more. For people who like to team up and duo or group as they level, this can be frustrating.

However, I don't see it changing. Even in Cryptic's other games where instances would scale, it would only do so partially. I know in Champions, to save resources, they cheated a little. And only allowed instances to scale upwards if you had 3 or 5 people. So if you went in with 2, you would still get a solo instance. If you went in with 3 you got a harder instance, but you would get the same instance with 4 people.

The best advice I can offer for the OP is to simply bypass the quests and solo lairs. and get your group fix by focusing mainly on the dungeons and skirmishes.
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, every other cryptic game ever has had instances scale to group size. Why not this one? I want to play with my friend, but it's just so boring because the game is so easy. Of course, NW also doesn't have a difficulty slider, which every other Cryptic game has also had. So D&D has always been a group experience for me.. why does this game turn into a joke when I add even one person to my party?

And why, a year and a half later, is this still not addressed?

It's literally keeping me from playing this game and spending money on it.

That would kinda be cool.... but then they would not need the stat curve they are introducing in mod 6. Remember it never could be that the content is to easy. Its always the players have gotten to strong in this game.....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The best advice I can offer for the OP is to simply bypass the quests and solo lairs. and get your group fix by focusing mainly on the dungeons and skirmishes.

Also try searching the Foundry catalogue for quests that say they are combat-heavy and designed for groups, or that can be scaled for a number of players. (Story-based Foundry is usually not group friendly due to severe dialogue limitations. Some main story quest instances suffer from the same problem.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia