test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New PvP Tournament.

desudesu3desudesu3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Discussion
Russian community have new PVP tournament. Just look!
http://nw-forum.ru.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=164611
Post edited by desudesu3 on

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    well they have their own server so all are pretty much on the same page. Here american side will be heavily favorite, too many exploits and the worst class balance...

Maybe mod 6 will solve some of the issues tho i really doubt it will solve anything, they just dont have enough professional testers nor the best balance team and even if community reports bugs they dont have the man power to solve them.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh they did on Ukraina teritorry?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Indeed, it was stated in a recent AMA that the Russian Server has a much larger population of PvPers than our International Server. The Community Managers hold events from time to time, one is coming soon, but don't recall us having any official tournaments.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    maybe if they tried to attract players to pvp? instead of constantly churning out pve grindfests?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Well, the Russian "tournament" seems to consist of basically being active and getting a lot of wins/kills etc. over a period of a month, and getting rewards for that. That doesn't seem *too* hard to manage, so I don't see why they can't do something similar on the international server.
    Indeed! I'll be sure Akro gets this thread for everyone's thoughts on this for International too. So, all reply with your opinions as well on Community PvP events. For sure!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't see the challenge, any mediocre with a basement and a ton of time could win. Yet it's hard to think up anything better than that...Maybe some premade based championship with entries would be cool.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People on that thread complain, that queue takes 10 minutes to pop up and even if it does, PvP is occupied by TRs and is completely unplayable.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh they did on Ukraina teritorry?
    Get lost, noone needs your political speculation.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    People on that thread complain, that queue takes 10 minutes to pop up and even if it does, PvP is occupied by TRs and is completely unplayable.
    Actually took the time to read it whole. Not any different than typical whine here.
    I do like that they will choose top 10 of each class though.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Such a tournament makes absolutely no sense at all with the state PVP is currently in. Imagine the kicking war going on, hilarious! :cool:
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    i doubt russian pvp community is bigger than the international one, i think community magaers implicate themself more there , than they do it in here. so in other words if someth is done for PVP you will see that international is better.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the russian PvP comunity is not bigger. Its not really hard to see. Just have a character on each server and pvp all day long. The thing is that the overall population is lower on the russian server so i guess the % of the population that plays pvp is larger.

But there are SOOOO many more PvPers and pvp dedicated people on the international server. just saying. Its time we get a cool even also :D
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    maybe if they tried to attract players to pvp? instead of constantly churning out pve grindfests?

I totally agree! Then, if they already have the code "ready" for the russian server, why don't implement to our server too? Add that an event like this may be interesting, something of new for the pvp player, and maybe attract new player to the pvp event.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »

But there are SOOOO many more PvPers and pvp dedicated people on the international server. just saying. Its time we get a cool even also :D

there are hardly 20 people who are real pvp-ers in dragon server, the rest are just scrubs enjoying pugstomps, rolling FOTM, having troll comps (yeah 2 TR is not enough so they bring 3 or more), and ****heads jumping on corpses to make themselves feel better because of their miserable life.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    there are hardly 20 people who are real pvp-ers in dragon server, the rest are just scrubs enjoying pugstomps, rolling FOTM, having troll comps (yeah 2 TR is not enough so they bring 3 or more), and ****heads jumping on corpses to make themselves feel better because of their miserable life.

Well of course. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy. They've driven away all the hardcore players with the lack of endgame. Its even worse for PVE. There are no respectable high end elite players there.
    edited February 2015
    i doubt russian pvp community is bigger than the international one, i think community magaers implicate themself more there , than they do it in here. so in other words if someth is done for PVP you will see that international is better.
    From the AMA by Product Manager Ryan:
    So, the good news for you is that while the PvP community is small on the International shard (Dragon), it is huge on the Russian one (Drider). That means the chances of new PvP content getting created is probably better than you might think. No ETA, of course. :P
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    From the AMA by Product Manager Ryan:

sry zeb, but we have 5 times more ladder pages than russian server last time i;ve seen a picture, maybe as a % of population we dont pvp as much...
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    snip..

Im not sure Ryan has a character on the russian server aswell. But the variety of players are much bigger on Dragon. The population overall is much bigger on Dragon so the % of those people doing PvP might be smaller, but there are definitely more PvPers on Dragon.
    edited February 2015
    He didn't speak of percentages. Not sure where you're both getting that from. Furthermore, I am not sure why you're both taking that as a bad thing. As stated by Ryan, that bodes well for PvP content in the future.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    He didn't speak of percentages. Not sure where you're both getting that from. Furthermore, I am not sure why you're both taking that as a bad thing. As stated by Ryan, that bodes well for PvP content in the future.

indeed, who cares which game population is greater...it s not like we can change server we play in
  • faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh yeah lets have one of these tournaments, it will equal 5 TR groups so, so, so interesting...