test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hidden AD Transter Limit on Characters/Accounts?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm just made aware of this situation today (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?832681-Dyes-on-AH-should-not-be-Account-Level-locked):
and I keep getting the message "you have spent the maximum amount of AD's for the day, because you don't have a level 60 character."
zebular wrote: »
It's actually not there to keep you from buying stuff for balance reasons but to keep bots and gold sellers from making throw-away accounts to manipulate the economy. Once you get to level 60 on one character our buy Zen with real money, the restriction is lifted.

So here are my questions:
  • WHERE do we find more information about this to read? I've never heard of such thing before after months of playing.
  • What's the AD restriction for each level?
  • If I never bought Zen with real money, then do I still have this restriction?

This topic is huge because if we are able to set AD Transfer Limit on our characters/accounts then we wouldn't even have ANY problem with hackers as discussed here! -> http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?820991-Sticky-Request-How-to-PREVENT-your-Account-from-being-Hacked. And I ran that thread for 3 weeks and no one ever mentioned anything about this..
I've read: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Currency & http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Astral_Diamonds and no where did it ever mention this.
I seriously feel there's so much information that our players/moderators know that aren't written on wiki or anywhere..
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) That's a limit on new characters. It's also not a transfer limit--it's a spending limit for the AH.

2) The specific amount is not released to the public.

3) That much isn't known.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    hochstepanzerhochstepanzer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) That's a limit on new characters. It's also not a transfer limit--it's a spending limit for the AH.

Except as I stated in the other thread, my particular issue has been going on for about 4 months and I'd like to point out that none of my characters are new, with the majority of them having been created at least that long ago.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Except as I stated in the other thread, my particular issue has been going on for about 4 months and I'd like to point out that none of my characters are new, with the majority of them having been created at least that long ago.

Then file a support ticket - no one on the forums can help you.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015

1- The limit is in place if you do not have a level 60 character on the account.

2 - It's about 100K per day.

3 - This has no bearing at all on it. You need a level 60 character whether you spend $ for AD or just have more than 100K AD despite not having a level 60.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A lot of this information isn't disclosed because it's in place to deter gold farmers. It's not some nefarious plot.

Just get a character to 60, and everything will be fine.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    hochstepanzerhochstepanzer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Then file a support ticket - no one on the forums can help you.

I did, and I've filed another since then. The answer I got the first time from them was "we can't help you". They haven't answered the second one yet.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing this up now as we've been as lenient as possible thus far. Alas, we must close such topics and remind folks that any Account Billing Issues must be handled through Support. You may file a ticket on the issue and see if they answer you there.

Sticky: [Read Before Posting] Reference Thread on Known Issues & Hot Topics.
    ---> [Hot Topic] HELP! All my Zen Bought Items are Bound when bought!?
    Also, Neverwinter Security Update - 07/31/14

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.