test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unreasonable charges

cyberwolf516cyberwolf516 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
i really think its time you did away with real money respec token 300 zen is £6 every time i want to try something new
it is unreasonable to charge real money to re spec your toon i have never played a game that dose that

i understand you need to make money but £6 to respec you skills and or path is disgusting and i know people are going to say you dont need to spend money you can convert AD to zen blar blar blar well that is true if you have the time to farm AD and if you look most things on AH sell now for next to nothing

i mean not even a free respec at 60 are you that hard up guys ???????? i should not have to pay to respec my toon

anyone agree with this ???
Post edited by cyberwolf516 on

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview

Go there and reset your character unlimited number of times until you are happy with your build.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i really think its time you did away with real money respec token 300 zen is £6 every time i want to try something new
    it is unreasonable to charge real money to re spec your toon i have never played a game that dose that

i understand you need to make money but £6 to respec you skills and or path is disgusting and i know people are going to say you dont need to spend money you can convert AD to zen blar blar blar well that is true if you have the time to farm AD and if you look most things on AH sell now for next to nothing

i mean not even a free respec at 60 are you that hard up guys ???????? i should not have to pay to respec my toon

anyone agree with this ???

The ZAX is your friend. At most it will only ever cost you 150,000AD to respec. It's not hard to make that, even with lower prices, just selling drops you can make 60kAD a gaming session with no real problems.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Every Cryptic developed game i have played (4 now) has had a paid or earned option for respecs. I am used to it.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Earning 150,000 AD (which is the max this can cost since Zen is capped to not go above 500 AD per 1 Zen) takes five days of doing Rhix's and the Lord Protector's dailies. That doesn't include invocation and leadership. Do you respec more often than once in five days?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Earning 150,000 AD (which is the max this can cost since Zen is capped to not go above 500 AD per 1 Zen) takes five days of doing Rhix's and the Lord Protector's dailies. That doesn't include invocation and leadership. Do you respec more often than once in five days?

Actually it takes a week as the rad cap is 24000, 150,000/24,000 is 6.25 Other than the numbers being wrong I agree with you however.
  • cyberwolf516cyberwolf516 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well im glad its so easy for you lot to make all this AD but for some of us we find it hard and having time to run the dailys is also not always doable i am a fall time carer. and if ii could ever get leadership to 20 it may help
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Actually it takes a week as the rad cap is 24000, 150,000/24,000 is 6.25 Other than the numbers being wrong I agree with you however.

Ah, fair point. Forgot about the refining cap and how irritating that it when you max it on any given day.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol who doesnt just go to preview server to respec. Seriously you can copy your toon a million times. Buy token once.. try builds out infinitely.

Dont be mad cuz you didnt think of it.. it isnt about having tons of AD but using that AD wisely with the tools available.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited January 2015
    erm i do use preview dont change the fact i then have to spend £6 on a respec but i can see im wasting my breath
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Why Cryptic keeps wanting to do things the hard way and why PWE isn't kicking their hineys when they don't follow PWE standards is completely beyond me.

Because it's not "PWE standards". Not every PWE game comes with a free respec while leveling and the charge for respecs in those games is signficantly more than in here (1500 ZEN in many cases).

OP: Let's play devil's advocate for a minute here. Suppose they do get rid of the ZEN cost. It's not gonna be free...so let's get past that.

A feat only respec is about 80k AD. Therefore, 125k AD or so wouldn't be unreasonable for a full respec. Now, it's been stated in this very thread that at most a respec token would cost 150k AD if converted from AD to ZEN, and that's with the ZEN/AD rate capped.

Now, if you say that you have such a hard time farming 150k AD to convert to the requisite ZEN, I wonder just how in the Nine Hells you'd be able to farm only marginally less?

Again, they're not going to make it totally free.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited January 2015
    ok look at it this way
    pwe. nerfs our classes there's a respec £6
    pwe makes changes that dont result in feat points being reset £6
    pwe brings us a new path guess what £6 to try it

then if you respec at a cost of £6 and make a mistake with one of your points GUESS what thats another £6

charging for mounts and race rerole and so on is one thing charging to respec your toon is another

to charge us £6 everytime we need to make a change is utterly unreasonable and if you think im just crying about it go and watch the dozens of state of the game youtube vids or the chat in well of dragons with ppl who cant afford a faster mount so miss out on the TIMED dragons. and before you say there is plenty of time to get there go and see how fast the dragons go down and come back and say it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It'd be nice if PWE added something akin to the Power House over at CO - a place to test powers out, and where you can undo any choices made while in this testing area, for no cost.

In light of this being added, the preview server is your best option to test a build without having to invest any money/ADs until you are certain.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Respeccing toon should only be done if you want to redo your feats or your abilities. If you want additional powers, just get to 60 and keep levelling. You will get 82 power points eventually.

Usually the ingame AD to zen option is less than or about equal to the purchased one, unless you are level 60 and have all of the boons. Then it is better to get the purchased one.

I will not include a means to get AD quickly here, but suffice it to say, doing the dailies is not the manageable way to get lots of AD every day.

Also, the winter event gave free respec tokens (bound per account) a lot. I have 12 of them that I still have not used. So, if you skip the big events, you may miss free stuff.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    You guys are missing the point. A preview server isn't there to test respecs on. It's designed to test new implementations. It's not normal for someone to have to install the client twice just to test a respec There should be a room on the live server for that. Being forced to download a 10GB respec testing room is just ridiculous.

fyi it does not download the whole thing again. It just copies all of the files you have and downloads the ones that need changing or adding. The only time when updates are huge is when a new mod is being put on preview for testing.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While admittedly they have been a bit stingy recently on freebie respecs with the last few modules. They did show a measure of good faith recently over the holidays. I managed to score nearly a dozen free respec token just from opening the free boxes, and I wasn't even trying to farm them that hard or have a large army of characters. So at least, from my point of view, they were being fairly generous with them recently.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok look at it this way
    pwe. nerfs our classes there's a respec £6

then if you respec at a cost of £6 and make a mistake with one of your points GUESS what thats another £6

charging for mounts and race rerole and so on is one thing charging to respec your toon is another

to charge us £6 everytime we need to make a change is utterly unreasonable and if you think im just crying about it go and watch the dozens of state of the game youtube vids or the chat in well of dragons with ppl who cant afford a faster mount so miss out on the TIMED dragons. and before you say there is plenty of time to get there go and see how fast the dragons go down and come back and say it.

When there are massive changes to a class, they are usually given a free (and sometimes forced) respec. With smaller changes, if you want to stay competitive in a f2p game, then guess what? that part is not free.

I think it's a very reasonable amount to charge seeing that you can earn that AD/ZEN for free in the game quite easily, and you shouldn't need to respec so often.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    edited January 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    When there are massive changes to a class, they are usually given a free (and sometimes forced) respec. With smaller changes, if you want to stay competitive in a f2p game, then guess what? that part is not free.

I think it's a very reasonable amount to charge seeing that you can earn that AD/ZEN for free in the game quite easily, and you shouldn't need to respec so often.

The only part that gets me is that when they have added paragon paths the past few times they have not given free changes to existing characters of that class to switch if they wanted to. That is the one and only issue I have with it.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hated playing a new class and have to commit to new powers with no way of testing them on the live server. This is a QOL aspect that can be improved upon.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Feat reset is 80k AD. No real money required, by way of pointing you back to your original request:
    i really think its time you did away with real money respec

You're usually afforded plenty of time to save up the necessary AD to convert to ZEN.

An error on your part does not constitute an emergency on theirs, nor a requirement to lower or eliminate the cost of respec tokens due to player error.

I'll also echo what other posters have said: The winter event gave out a LOT of free respec tokens. I'm holding onto two, in fact, just in case.

Bottom line is that it isn't the fact the respec costs real money here--that's just a red herring. The real issue you have is that a respec costs anything at all. Free respecs, at will, just ain't happening.

Why not just say what you really want: "I want to respec whenever I want, totally free." Because that's the gist of what you're saying. "If it's not free, it's unreasonable!!" is what we're seeing.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The only part that gets me is that when they have added paragon paths the past few times they have not given free changes to existing characters of that class to switch if they wanted to. That is the one and only issue I have with it.

Yeah they have been quite tight about that, especially compare to earlier modules that gave out free respec for smaller changes.

I would also want to say, look out for sales on respec tokens. That's a good time to stock up 1 or 2 on the char that you often want to respec. They do store up when you have multiple, however they are bound to that character instead of account. Perhaps an account bound respec token is more reasonable.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because it's not "PWE standards". Not every PWE game comes with a free respec while leveling and the charge for respecs in those games is signficantly more than in here (1500 ZEN in many cases).

OP: Let's play devil's advocate for a minute here. Suppose they do get rid of the ZEN cost. It's not gonna be free...so let's get past that.

A feat only respec is about 80k AD. Therefore, 125k AD or so wouldn't be unreasonable for a full respec. Now, it's been stated in this very thread that at most a respec token would cost 150k AD if converted from AD to ZEN, and that's with the ZEN/AD rate capped.

Now, if you say that you have such a hard time farming 150k AD to convert to the requisite ZEN, I wonder just how in the Nine Hells you'd be able to farm only marginally less?

Again, they're not going to make it totally free.

Actually it is 1500 zen for a full respec (character re-roll to change your starting stats).

The 300 zen respec isn't a full respec, however you slice it.
  • windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mh0ram wrote: »
    Actually it is 1500 zen for a full respec (character re-roll to change your starting stats).

The 300 zen respec isn't a full respec, however you slice it.

Your char stats are the same as selecting a race with racials. If you do it right you wont need to respect that- if you do it wrong you need to pay. Be happy for 1500zen which you can even buy for AD, in wow you need to pay 20€ for that.
    Even though in game respec is better in wow
    WoW respec - take 60g max if you respec many times in row ( you can make over 100g per one dung run)
    NW respec- take 78k ad (3day refine..)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I actually find the retraining token quite reasonable. That's only what, around 150k or less in AD? For me, that's like 2 days of gameplay working leadership. I'm fine with that. If it were more expensive, I might then have an issue.
    Retraining Token
    Grants the ability to reselect what Feats, Ability Scores, Powers and Boons you have chosen from the level up process and campaigns for your character one time.

300 Zen

300 Zen at 500 AD per = 150,000 AD.

Add on that they were given out like candy during Winter Fest. Yeah, I don't see an issue.
    edited January 2015
    Feat reset is 80k AD. No real money required, by way of pointing you back to your original request:

You're usually afforded plenty of time to save up the necessary AD to convert to ZEN.

An error on your part does not constitute an emergency on theirs, nor a requirement to lower or eliminate the cost of respec tokens due to player error.

I'll also echo what other posters have said: The winter event gave out a LOT of free respec tokens. I'm holding onto two, in fact, just in case.

Bottom line is that it isn't the fact the respec costs real money here--that's just a red herring. The real issue you have is that a respec costs anything at all. Free respecs, at will, just ain't happening.

Why not just say what you really want: "I want to respec whenever I want, totally free." Because that's the gist of what you're saying. "If it's not free, it's unreasonable!!" is what we're seeing.
    no no asking for a free respec but like other games use INGAME currency gold say so i dont have to use real money you may have it to waste i have not
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    no no asking for a free respec but like other games use INGAME currency gold say so i dont have to use real money you may have it to waste i have not
    You can use in game currency. It's called the Astral Diamond Exchange.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I did the winter festival on 4 characters and found only one respec token, that was character bound on a prayer alt.

I do think you should get a free respec token when reaching level 60 (or 70 now). Otherwise the price is reasonable for such a big change.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If it's a new paragon you should create a new toon anyway. For me it's like changing class. You can not do it.

I prefer the 150k AD to following scenario:
    Respec is free.
    But in order to get one (1) free respec token you have to do the whole storyline again (all the quests), then you get your free respec.
    Would be sensible, you want to unlearn and learn everything a new!

I prefer 150k AD earned in the way I prefer to some other "forced" grinding.

It's just a kind of "point of view" issue ... you might think that a kind of "half respec tokens" sometimes drop from bosses. Yes, they do.
    They are called "Greater Mark of Potency". Just run enough dungeons to get 2 of said tokens and you can exchange them for a respec token. There. Just PvE grind and you can get a respec token! No dailies or invoking needed! No rAD needed! You just need 2 lucky drops and win the "need" roll!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited January 2015
    I did the winter festival on 4 characters and found only one respec token, that was character bound on a prayer alt.

I do think you should get a free respec token when reaching level 60 (or 70 now). Otherwise the price is reasonable for such a big change.
    The retraining tokens from Winter Event are Account Bound from the Starlight Parcels, unless that parcel or token was from the Simril Gifts.

I do agree though that 2 free full respecs should be given. Once at 30, then again at 60. I also feel that with the level cap coming, if they do implement incremental free respecs, the 2nd respec should then come at level 70.
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited January 2015
    There shouldn't be a steep price on things that directly affect gameplay. The bigger MMOs have only symbolic costs associated with respecs. That's because people tend to play longer and have fun when they can try out new things or change things to feel better about their character.
    As a side note, I won't reroll my main with these prices. So what if I'm a tank with high wisdom, intel and charisma (I'm talking about base values, not the points alloted after you can actually see what those stats mean). I thought those stats mattered like they mattered in DnD RPGs like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate etc and the description at character creation seemed to say so as well. Yeah I should have read up on guides before I started playing the game, right?
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    The retraining tokens from Winter Event are Account Bound from the Starlight Parcels, unless that parcel or token was from the Simril Gifts.
    Ah, maybe that's what happened. It was a disappointment anyway, it was the nicest thing I got and it was on the wrong character.