test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will you play on XBox or PC

2»

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    There will be plenty of people playing XBox, don't worry.

Asking who will be playing on the XBox here is like looking for PC users at a Mac convention; at least at this time.
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015

Asking who will be playing on the XBox here is like looking for PC users at a Mac convention; at least at this time.

I've been in a similar situation before, was forced to attend a meeting on how to use iPhones when I vastly prefer Windows Phone, did not find a single WP user there.... Heck, I probably couldn't even find much Windows Phone users at an Android gathering.... I'm hoping Neverwinter will at least be like Android in popularity on Xbox, not like Windows Phone. :p

I told a few of my friends on Xbox One about it, none of which ever even heard of the game before I told them.

Also, I'm hoping PWE will add individual/seperated Xbox forums sometime during beta or after release. Considering they are totally separate servers and the Xbox version will launch with Tyranny of the Dragons (Not Tiamat), it would be smart to do that.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Only if my account transfers over
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wouldn't give houseroom to an xbox, if it was on the Playstation I might have had a look at it but probably even then would have stuck to playing it only on the PC
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll try it on xbox one, if I like the controls well enough I might switch, I'd like to start over in a fresh economy with the knowledge I've gained by playing the PC version.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I play on PC as I will not buy an XBOX. That money is allocated to my kid's college fund. PC is cheaper.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I'm sure there will be. I'm just curious how much of a percentage is going to be drained from our already too small a population.
    I also expect a smaller total XBox population compared to PC, and if our PvP queues can't handle the low population, theirs will absolutely fail -- and whatever decrease in our population will undoubtedly tax our PvP queues even more.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    where is the option "if it goes on like that ill quit" ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Both for me. That is, once I get an XBOX One! Hopefully in time to Beta Test! I have a 360 at the moment. :(

I know my nephew will be playing only on the XBOX. He loves his XBOX One deeply and his PC can barely run Neverwinter.

lol! et us know how deeply your nephew loves his xbox one after the mandatory update to the pc version of windows 10. efectively turning the console into a pc. as stated by microsoft during thier windows 10 event this past janurary. which is why the PS4 has started to outsell the xbox one again.

i used to play on the pc till the game got too much money grabbing.and besides the mmo's on the ps4 looks stunning in full 1080p resolution at 60 fps which the xbox one cant due to it being stuck at a low res of 960p per the xbox one stats go look it up. xbox one has a ignificantly weaker gpu(ms cutting corners on thier products again) there are 3 mmo's on ps4 2 f2p and one subscription that are amazingly enough cross platform and on the same servers as the pc players complete with voice chat full keyboard mouse support or controller if you like. most friend i have that had xbox ones traded them in for a ps4 after seeing and playing on the ps4.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Some just don't have that computer, only a console.

Those, however, probably don't have the means to participate in this poll... ...Dang.
  • ionpulsarionpulsar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the poll needed a "none" option. Im not getting an Xbox this generation, will stick to PC and PS4 only. As for Neverwinter, i stopped playing on PC because it doesnt have controller support. Xpadder or any other gamepad emulation dont cut it for me.

Release on PS4 and i will definitelly play NW again. I hate relying on the mouse for most of the gameplay since the game is reticle based. If it was tab target its fine, have a reticle? gimmie a controller.

If you havent noticed, Cryptic World, im asking for a PS4 port.

As for fanboys comparing PC to consoles, real gamers game on whatever they enjoy, not only on PC. Carry on.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PC only thanks. Firstly because I do not own an Xbox and secondly because one game is not incentive enough to go out and purchase a system.