What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Needed: AFK Penalty for Tiamat

2»

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    arokill wrote: »
    ... I'd rather fight beside a low GS that is giving it every effort in spite of the odds than to watch some whiner in the group complain about low GS people and choose not to help anyway.

Arokil

~Sanctuary~

Very well said
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    AFK in tiamat should results in a 7 day ban from tiamat instance.
    I don't like the fact that some people literally stuff instances with their lvl 60's and just sit at the camp fire to collect "tradable RP items"
    It steals an hour from players that are really trying to play the game and win!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    AFK in tiamat should results in a 7 day ban from tiamat instance.
    I don't like the fact that some people literally stuff instances with their lvl 60's and just sit at the camp fire to collect "tradable RP items"
    It steals an hour from players that are really trying to play the game and win!

yep this is a good idea

I hate to see folks just standing in the fire circle
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fix the bugs first, then focus on something like this, Devs. Something's gotta give.
  • chaoslord065chaoslord065 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A big problem of this is, that players get rewards for AFK, why not set a damage threshold, since there already seems to be some sort of participation tracking in place already for scoring in instance. It is unfortunate that one of the prizes, a 20 slot bag, is rewarded for lower placement in the Tiamat battle, and people can farm this, by going AFK on purpose. People can park bots or alts in this run, and farm resonance stones and bags at the same time, with no regard for those that are actually trying to beat it and play the game. Stop the farmers, botters, and spammers....don't reward these bottom-feeders!
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hate quitters.....Quitters never win and winners never quit. That is my thought on the matter.

Arokil

~Sanctuary~

Your thoughts are too big, try using a normal font size gigantor.

Dev's need to fix the lag, choppiness, weird graphic glitches before they throw in an afk boot system.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the more damage the better your reward,lesser damage you get a rank 4 and a scroll good day sir
    you go afk is like less damage,rank 4 and scroll for you
    so even if you are losing you will put that xtra effort to get a better reward,and you will keep fighting till the end
    if ppl go afk the chance of getting a bigger reward if you keep fighting will be bigger
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Liar, u dont want to play with me anyway. :/

You don't count ^_^. Though since I got all of my boons and cloak+OH on my main, not sure I have much need in many tiamat.
    ---
    Not sure an afk penalty will have much effect. People still afk in pvp. To the guy who said a 7 day bad, that is just highly excessive. There are tonnes of things that could go wrong that one would legitimately be marked as a leaver of no fault or their own. To be punished for a whole week because your modem restarted for example would be highly lame.
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thread Summary with my input:
    1. Tie the loot to the Activity. Low Activity, low loot table (hoorah! I sat on my butt and got a White Pearl?!?). No Linu to low loot table. This may help with the AFKers.
    2. Peeps are gonna AFK if it's unwinnable. I've seen a lot give up when it still is winnable and then it becomes unwinnable.
    3. PUG comms suck. Sure, you can use /say or put together a party and use /party or voice, but that's like using a lawnmower wheel to fix your Chevy truck tire. I'd like to go in with a group I know who isn't go to suck and we can possible take a few others, rather than 24 strangers who whispered me a time to jump in and it didn't work anyway and I'm not with so-and-so (so-and-so are the good players in my guild who carry me). Barring premades, I'd take a /epic that will comm with those in my instance only. Maybe this exists, I'm new here. Normally, it's dingdongs talking in /zone.
    4. A minimum GS might be a solid idea. 14K seems reasonable. It's not hard to get. People shouldn't be able to show up to Tiamat and get geared there, to replace their welfare epics they got off the AH for 12K AD total. Although I like the idea of the Epic/Normal versions. This would teach people the mechanics at lower levels and not infuriate the EJs. Reduce the rewards and difficultly. No Linus or maybe payout in Coffers and Dragon Coins so you could turn in for the event and after say 5 Common Tiamats, you'd have enough for the quest turn-in for the one Linu.
    5. FIX DA BUGS. "Where is the dragon head?!? It never surfaced?!? Guess I'll go AFK in the circle..."

And I wish it weren't true but quitters can win and winners can quit. You gotta... know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to Alt+F4 and go watch Caddyshack with your girlfriend because she's gonna leave you if you don't stop chasing dragons all night long.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Your thoughts are too big, try using a normal font size gigantor.

Dev's need to fix the lag, choppiness, weird graphic glitches before they throw in an afk boot system.
    Exactly. What we don't need is for the cleric phase to bug out and tiamat never to rise then everyone getting an afk penalty. AFK penalties only work if there aren't massive constant bugs.
    My God what has happened to chivalry? Honor? Respect for others?

Never really existed to begin with. They're the result of rose tinted glasses and writers romanticising the past.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zevathon wrote: »
    Thread Summary with my input:

4. A minimum GS might be a solid idea. 14K seems reasonable. It's not hard to get. People shouldn't be able to show up to Tiamat and get geared there, to replace their welfare epics they got off the AH for 12K AD total. Although I like the idea of the Epic/Normal versions. This would teach people the mechanics at lower levels and not infuriate the EJs. Reduce the rewards and difficultly. No Linus or maybe payout in Coffers and Dragon Coins so you could turn in for the event and after say 5 Common Tiamats, you'd have enough for the quest turn-in for the one Linu.

No, the current tiamat is common one, leave it alone. add an epic tiamat and increase the rewards and difficulty with a GS req of say 15k.