test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T1/T2 dungeons and Gauntlgrym

froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What reasons are there left to do t1/t2 dungeons and Gauntlgrym?

No more MC/VT for off hands or any other gear.

The market for t1 gear was ruined since drop rate is stupidly high from dragons in WoD.

Same goes for t2 gear since drop rate is stupidly high in Tiamat.

The new book and all belts drop like candy from dragons and from Tiamat.

Nothing has value anymore and there is nothing left for players to farm.

Nothing to farm and sell, no AD income. And guess where that leads...

To top it off, even a fresh lvl 60 can go to Tiamat and "earn" BiS PvE gear set easily. Do it for a weekend and you have artifact off hand and cloak too! Although this is a bi-problem since these people will not have any AD to refine their new gear anyway.

Point of thread?

DECREASE drop rates on t1/t2 items, books, belts and cloaks. And for the love of all that is holy, can you not add some DECENT RP rewards? So I kill Tiamat and earn a minor resonance stone. Really now?

Put RP in the DD chest in normal t2 dungeons. 1-20 lesser resonance or something like that, bound, I don't care.
Post edited by froszzt on

Comments

• blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Totally agree, as I wrote at some posts. 1 lesser resonance is just humiliating btw.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    But then who will buy the blood rubies on the zen market?
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Very good points!

No encouragements to run dungeons any more as most T1/T2/most CN items are cheap/reasonable on Auction House.

Artifact gears are appealing but the rp it takes are massive, daunting and the refinement system is tedious.

I appreciate refinement marks being drop from boss/chest in dungeon but it is not enough to encourage dungeons run.

Hope there are upcoming changes to what you have pointed out and allow the players more options to make decent AD.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tiamat obsoleted all previous content, but why?

Perhaps a level cap increase is in the works. That would also obsolete all previous content. But they know how much content they can release in a single mod (1 zone and maybe 1 dungeon or skirmish or HE). Maybe they are simply testing to see if they can keep players interested with just 1 zone and 1 HE worth of content? If the numbers say it's a success they can increase the level cap, give us 1 new zone to level up in, and 1 HE to farm all new gear from.

huge mistake of course, if that's the direction they are going.

Perhaps they will add legendary dungeons? take all existing dungeons, tweak the mobs level up to level 65, and call it a day? would take 1 dev 1 afternoon to provide us with 15x the current content. No new gear, no need for item guy. just put 2x blood ruby (common) or 1x brilliant diamond (rare) in the DD chest.
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps they will add legendary dungeons? take all existing dungeons, tweak the mobs level up to level 65, and call it a day? would take 1 dev 1 afternoon to provide us with 15x the current content. No new gear, no need for item guy. just put 2x blood ruby (common) or 1x brilliant diamond (rare) in the DD chest.

That would instantly put a band-aid on the bleeding endgame PVE and suddenly make dungeoneering a must for players. I don't even care whether those are bound to account or bound to equip.

I can just see PVP and PVE players all flocking to their respective guilds and LFG making parties for delves.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nic1985 wrote: »
    Very good points!

No encouragements to run dungeons any more as most T1/T2/most CN items are cheap/reasonable on Auction House.

Artifact gears are appealing but the rp it takes are massive, daunting and the refinement system is tedious.

I appreciate refinement marks being drop from boss/chest in dungeon but it is not enough to encourage dungeons run.

Hope there are upcoming changes to what you have pointed out and allow the players more options to make decent AD.
    FYI artifact gear at blue is better than the previous BiS.
    edited December 2014
    That would instantly put a band-aid on the bleeding endgame PVE and suddenly make dungeoneering a must for players. I don't even care whether those are bound to account or bound to equip.

I can just see PVP and PVE players all flocking to their respective guilds and LFG making parties for delves.

Wolud solve endgame, but beginners still would need sth. You can buy t2 sets, and then what? Refining a weapon enchantment takes ages with the recent prices. One reason that they come to Tiamat, that they don't have anywhere else to go. They cant get AD from t2 anymore, to get a WE or armor enchant.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    To do t1/t2 dungeons and Gauntlgrym. No more MC/VT for off hands or any other gear.
    Shard of Valindra's Crown is still worth over million AD.
    Greater Mark of Potency drops like a candies.
    And running VT takes at most dozen minutes nowadays.
    even a fresh lvl 60 can go to Tiamat and "earn" BiS PvE gear set easily.
    Tiamat gear reward can be only T2 or trash templar parts. Both not BiS since module 4.

15 Linu`s Favors you exchange for a cloak you sell for over 0.5m (15×15 mins and you get half million AD!).
    Often you drop bags, its about 100k AD each. Artifact gets cheapier and cheapier, but hey! Its still over 1 million AD.
    And eggs. Every true hero has them.

But beside Tiamat.
    Nothing has value anymore and there is nothing left for players to farm.
    Nothing to farm and sell, no AD income. And guess where that leads

While new book is cheap, "old" books, in fact, needed for even T7 boon, are still worth about 400k.
    And running eLoL is fast and easy. As a bonus; you can always get free overload slots or just sell them (its always a few thousands of AD every run). Books are also not something very rare.

Jewelcrafting.
    I invested 400k I got from a simple book into assets.
    While eggs are worth about 20k, I get about 100k passively just by setting one craft task once per day.
    I don`t even count speeding up some task to insta–profit on some jewelries worth over 200k when appears in rare tasks.

And much, much more.
    Just look around. Diamonds. Diamonds everywhere!
    Point of thread? (…) I don't care
    And nobody will care of you too.
    I gave you the helping hand in this thread, with the red pill on it.
    Now its all about you. You can hug it and eat the red pill or choose the blue pill of no AD income.

Good luck.
    edited December 2014
    beatannier wrote: »
    Tiamat gear reward can be only T2 or trash templar parts. Both not BiS since module 4.

This is the only thing I disagree with. Mod 4 gear is not well, good. BI gear is good for pvp, mod 2 armor, no good, mod 1 once again not good for any except a couple fringe cases.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    T1/T2 gear has been BiS since launch with subsequent sets getting incremental stat improvements. It's time for a massive shift. I fully expect mod6 will introduce new BiS gear. After this we'll again see incremental improvements for a few modules. T1/T2 gear was BiS for 5 modules, but is nearly obsolete.

So why the huge gear glut? Likely so everyone can reasonably reach minimum gear requirements for Mod 6+ content. Nno doubt they want Mod 6 easily accessible on launch day despite its high GS requirement. The glut is temporary. Once peeps abandon mod 5, prices WILL rise again. Just look at Dragon Bone mainhands/offhands....

Mod 6 is D-Day for myself and many experienced players. I hope Devs pull out all the stops....
    edited December 2014
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Wolud solve endgame, but beginners still would need sth. You can buy t2 sets, and then what? Refining a weapon enchantment takes ages with the recent prices. One reason that they come to Tiamat, that they don't have anywhere else to go. They cant get AD from t2 anymore, to get a WE or armor enchant.

Well, nobody can get AD from anywhere right now anyways. Its not just a problem for new players, its a problem for everyone. PVE farming is worthless.
  • barcziopbarcziop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, gotta agree here. Nothing is farmable anymore, everything lost its value, yes EVERYTHING. On top of that since the release of module 4 and 5, came out new artifact gear and so the era of bots is here. There are hardly any players left in my friend list just bots, so I see no reason spending time trying to farm staff I make no use of
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The T1/T2 content is coming up on two years old this spring. It SHOULD be made obsolete...the problem is Cryptic needs to introduce need dungeon content to replace it. I'm hoping Module 6 brings a bunch of new dungeons, not just one.

And as HeyRodgers said in the AMA, Module 5 is designed to let people "catch up" in time for some big surprises in Module 6.

So let's at least wait until the announcement for Module 6, which should happen in January.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited December 2014
    But I guess, catching up to t2 is not the problem here. Catching up with weapon enchantments and enchantments are more likely, which is not solved, only made worse with no farmable t2. Many beginners in my guild just give up, because of this.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    still methods to earn AD, the stuff still salvages for diamonds, rp at end chest yeah its been a mod+ asking for that we ain't geting it.

Just quit the game, let those of us like myself enjoy it more without seeing whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine wheine get it more whine?
    edited December 2014
    blazious11 wrote: »
    But I guess, catching up to t2 is not the problem here. Catching up with weapon enchantments and enchantments are more likely, which is not solved, only made worse with no farmable t2. Many beginners in my guild just give up, because of this.

So you weren't willing to help a new guildie get started by running stuff with them, sounds like a human resources problem with your guild for lack of a better term.
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reasons for dungeons:

1. No timer - relax, enjoy the pace
    2. Learn your class in a good setting
    3. Make friends over time
    4. Depending on the dungeon, more reliable gear drops; and, without a timer, patience will get you to the chest
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    So you weren't willing to help a new guildie get started by running stuff with them, sounds like a human resources problem with your guild for lack of a better term.

That is the problem, there just isn't anything to help them farm. No one needs T1/T2 gear runs, everyone needs refining stones and they just don't drop in large enough quantities to be worth farming. Ditto for AD, there are no dungeons left to farm for AD.
    edited December 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    That is the problem, there just isn't anything to help them farm. No one needs T1/T2 gear runs, everyone needs refining stones and they just don't drop in large enough quantities to be worth farming. Ditto for AD, there are no dungeons left to farm for AD.

They could help farm the t2 rather than have the new players buy it. Help farm the shards for an enchantment rather than buying them(depending on current ah price) The could run sot normal which still has book drops, they could run esot and elol for glyphs. They could explain the benefits of running up a few other toons for leadership. Things have changed, people seem to not be able to adapt and instead want to cry about it.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    beatannier wrote: »
    Shard of Valindra's Crown is still worth over million AD.
    Greater Mark of Potency drops like a candies.
    And running VT takes at most dozen minutes nowadays.

15 Linu`s Favors you exchange for a cloak you sell for over 0.5m (15×15 mins and you get half million AD!).
    Often you drop bags, its about 100k AD each. Artifact gets cheapier and cheapier, but hey! Its still over 1 million AD.
    And eggs. Every true hero has them.

But beside Tiamat.

While new book is cheap, "old" books, in fact, needed for even T7 boon, are still worth about 400k.
    And running eLoL is fast and easy. As a bonus; you can always get free overload slots or just sell them (its always a few thousands of AD every run). Books are also not something very rare.

Jewelcrafting.
    I invested 400k I got from a simple book into assets.
    While eggs are worth about 20k, I get about 100k passively just by setting one craft task once per day.
    I don`t even count speeding up some task to insta–profit on some jewelries worth over 200k when appears in rare tasks.

And much, much more.
    Just look around. Diamonds. Diamonds everywhere!

And nobody will care of you too.
    I gave you the helping hand in this thread, with the red pill on it.
    Now its all about you. You can hug it and eat the red pill or choose the blue pill of no AD income.

Good luck.

Oh great, 1m AD on something that has 1% at best chance to drop. That's 10k per run on average or 2k for a single player. Gmop dropping like flies? Hardly. Most other stuff is bound. Compared to CN that used to give 100k per player, that is abysmal. Just the first 3 boss items in CN give better return rates than valindras crown.

Also idk what you're talking about, but beta t2 gear is BiS for most classes still apart from the t1 DC. Oh by the way, thanks for pointing out the only farmable thing which is clearly a bug. Because you've done so, you've highly increased the chance it will get fixed or devalued almost as much as belts.

As for jewelcrafting not sure what you're talking about. Your 400k doesn't even cover the cost of a 1.2m AD bezel pusher, let alone a whole set of 4. It's rare to get over 200k, and lastly you have a 40% failure rate. While it does give a lot of AD, it takes a significant investment and the failures are more garbage than shirt failure that I have no idea why anyone buys that trash.

So yes, there really isn't that many legit farming methods, and a lot of the way to generate AD requires a big previous invesment beforehand. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. You're stuck with the rough AD limit.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    As for jewelcrafting not sure what you're talking about. Your 400k doesn't even cover the cost of a 1.2m AD bezel pusher, let alone a whole set of 4. It's rare to get over 200k, and lastly you have a 40% failure rate. While it does give a lot of AD, it takes a significant investment and the failures are more garbage than shirt failure that I have no idea why anyone buys that trash.

You don't need 4 purple bezel pushers. You only need 1, and it doesn't even have to be purple.
    edited December 2014
    The thing about artifacts and books dropping is, the RNG is so terrible. Some people run it for a day and they get it, others run it for weeks and nada. Even if they get it, its still not worth the amount of time invested.

I hope we'd get a new Castle Never that was challenging and difficult but guaranteed a drop worth a lot of AD. There are still random elements, but it doesn't make or break the run.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    You don't need 4 purple bezel pushers. You only need 1, and it doesn't even have to be purple.

A full set of blues, which would cost that 400k unless you somehow fluked out, would give you 0% chance for t3. Unless he/she already had mithral crucibles.
  • ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For the op you forgot to add "for me" at the end of the title because I have plenty of reasons to keep play and still enjoy the game.As many others do.So next time speak for yourself maybe?
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Imo, all those t1 and t2, i would not surprised if they r making big changes to companions, like non-augemnt ones will be able now wear sets, it would make them imo viable now.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope next gear will be related to the biggest and hardest dungeon ever.
    For now my ad income is zero. But i dont need ad anymore.. i need refining points, something that does not even drop woth regular basis.
    I would love already legendary shirt and pants with 2 new hard dungeons.. maybe i need to specify it: with my choosen party
    edited December 2014

I helped at least 100+ members of my guild to make a t2 set. We've won some boe t2 in the process, that we could split, so the newbie earned at least 500k+ in the runs, quite enough, to start his/her char, to be a little independent, while I was rewarded for my time and efforts. Now you can refine the t2 set's price in t2 days, why would anyone go to t2 anymore. It's just endless PK farm now, again.
    edited December 2014
    They could help farm the t2 rather than have the new players buy it. Help farm the shards for an enchantment rather than buying them(depending on current ah price) The could run sot normal which still has book drops, they could run esot and elol for glyphs. They could explain the benefits of running up a few other toons for leadership. Things have changed, people seem to not be able to adapt and instead want to cry about it.

Shard prices arent the issue here, I give them the shard that they want for free, if I have them. Coal wards price is the issue. I ran normal sot 100 times without book drop. Leadership takes half a year, and is veeeery boring.
    What we can do, is to bring them to Elol. They can get decent gear there, refine, maybe some RNG. But I cant take them all, and not continously. Without the help of the bigger chars, they are lost there.
    Back then in mod2 I could make friends, with the same gear level members in my guide. We could evolving together, making a little better gear always. Going to T2 to earn out sets, and with the realatively hard content, we learned to play. Our time and efforts were rewarded. I still play with the same crew. I could make my p.vorpal, it was hard, but a good challenge, with a possible goal. Took it about 2 months, but I was incredeably satisfied, when I got there.
    Now beginners cant do the same. No T2 to learn the play, they can only go to PK to farm some RAD, others doesnt worth it anymore. A perfect vorpal is much further these days, with no AD to earn.
    Many of the newbies just give up in the process. It was an issue in mod2 too of course, but now it's more frequent, and I can see their frustration.
    They can farm pk endlessly of course, we did it in a time, I cant bear to see to that insta since then. But where is the joy, when RNG dropped an Avatar Helm?

All I can say, that is greater plague is very good too, and try to get that first.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tiamat and the dragon zone should have their own unique drops, and nothing else, IMO. They're pretty much killing old content this way.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    A full set of blues, which would cost that 400k unless you somehow fluked out, would give you 0% chance for t3. Unless he/she already had mithral crucibles.

Just jumping in here to correct a is conception.

You only need 1. Then 3 purple crucibles (~200k each) will suffice to complete the set.

But anyway, this is just another thread by the guys who use to take advantage of every possible loophole to speed farm content, then sell the drops to people at over inflated prices.

Now that people can actually earn their gear, without having to rely on elitists to farm it for them, the elites are crying foul.

Best in slot use to be the CN weapon sets. You'd pay close to a million (or two) AD for the set. Nowadays, the Artifact Weapon/Offhand combo is better (even at green), and easily within reach of every player. Even if you count having to rank it up to blue (at which point is clearly better), the cost to do so is still less than the CN weapons.

So who's losing here? It's certainly not the new players.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1