test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do with loads of gold

proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
One side effect of fishing for most of the winter event is that I now have nearly 200 gold and rising. Now, I don't need nearly that much to keep me in potions so does anyone have suggestions on what to do with this much gold aside from buy 5 gold mounts and sell them for astral diamonds?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Save it, for when events like the Siege we had not long ago, you'll wish you had it to buy the needed resources for things. For example, that last Siege event we had, we could use Injury Kits as reagents for a special profession task and buying stacks on every character became quite expensive. I think I spent around 3k gold during that event and I know folks that spent even more.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Many are trading their farm from nodes for gold / critters drop (like marks of potency).
    You can exchange gold into them and then use or self for ad.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Check the auction house - see how stacks of potions/white companions/white mounts are doing, and buy some to resell on the AH. A lot of newer players have some ADs from invoking, before they can afford their first mount or additional companions, so it's a potential market to tap into.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find just pulling out enchants and switching them around between characters is plenty of an endless goldsink for me.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I usually buy a stack of 20-99 Major Injury Kits and sell them on the AH. A stack of 99 costs around 20 gold and sells for 3000-5000 AD depending on the market that day. It goes fast, though, so do what the others have said and save most of it -- don't spend it all at once.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    200gold is not a lot.

I'd save it, unless you find someone willing to trade for it on trade chat.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With golds you can buy items, sell them in AH. With a good choice of items, you can trade 1 gold for 300-400 AD, maybe more.

But 200 golds is not lot. I save 750 Golds for enchants switch, events, injury kits, and others consumables, and i trade the surplus.