test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gift Parties: HELP!

damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 157 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Could someone PLEASE talk me through how to do a Gift Giving party. I tried linking into one and I just couldn't get the stupid gift linked in the chat box and ended up not opening any of the darn things.
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Post edited by damzelltrill on

Comments

• mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    after you joined a group or made one put the gift in your potions slot, then use it near your team members. that's it.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to slot it like a potion I think. So in your inventory tray at bottom where potions/doohickeys/etc go.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • soozgeesoozgee Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2014
    <Please use support to report bad behavior in game. The forums are not the place for such. ~Zeb>

I don't want to send countless reports to the support, I'm simply asking why aren't you taking any actions against people flooding AH with exploited winter event items, companions mainly ?
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    have you thought that maybe they are buying a load of bags from the zen store?
    at 100zen each, each of which has a gift in it.
    edited December 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    @ soozgee - Are people not allowed to post what they don't need, what does it matter if it gets flooded. Now everyone has a chance to get a nice companion, i see no issue here

So according to your logic we should exploit the winter event because AH will be more flooded with illegaly obtained, cheap companions and everyone could afford them. Great. Why removing boters then? It's the same situation. I can't understand how anyone could defend people breaking ToS and claim their actions have positive influence on the economy.
    edited December 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    I am referring to the ones who buy more parcels to open, such as myself and many others who enjoy supporting the game. My logic defends those put forth the effort to purchase more gifts to open. You should probably get proof and submit support tickets as our forum mod suggested. The more complaints i see on this forum seems to be from people who are getting their AH profits cut because of flooded items. You need to remember this is just a game of pixels, not real life.

<Do not detail possible means of exploitation. This is your last warning on this. ~Zeb>
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Again you are WRONG... the companions and ANYTHING that drops from the GIFTS are bound to CHARACTER.

And HECK YEAH they are happy they can AFFORD to buy one.... if it were up to elitist **BAD WORDS HERE* people like you sound like you are... no one would be able to unless YOU were making a healthy profit SO SOWWWY, Not today xoxoxoxoxo
    Yes, companions from the Simril Gifts are Bind on Pickup. However, the companions that drop from the Starlight Parcels are NOT bind on pickup, they are Bind on Equip.

I could flood the AH with my guild bank tabs full of companions I've collected and I'm sure someone will suspect me of being an exploiter too if I did. Last year, I had over 20 Mimics.

Heck, I have literally 150 (or more) stacks of R2-R4 enchants/runes waiting to go on the AH or be eaten by 2xRefine weekend that I just collected from a month's supply of collecting SCA bags and Leadership boxes across 28 characters. Just because someone posts a ton of something, doesn't mean they're an exploiter.

So, let's get off this exploit topic before I have to put my moderator hat on and close this down and send out warnings. Thanks!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    +1 to Zeb on that, I had over 50 stacks of Radiant r4s posted on AH between two chars last double RP weekend, and the amount of PMs I got asking how I managed to exploit the game to get them was astounding... (And no, I did NOT exploit, I planned ahead for 2+ months). I stock up on all the event items when they are cheap, so I can flood the AH when they are expensive... not an exploit...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker