test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's start an honest discussion about the Mod 5 PvP Sets

tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
Many of us PvPer's were dead set ready upon the release of mod 5 on the preview server of obtaining the new mod 5 PvP set.

Mod 5 release comes around, we're bummed out that it's not released. Still hopeful, but bummed out.

Now, here we are about 2 patches later, on the eve of a new patch release, and there is no mention of this mod 5 PvP set being released.

Even worse, after a 25 page post on the preview shard about the stats on this set, the AMA had denied any knowledge about it.

What in the world is happening at Cryptic? Is it Licensing? Give it a new name. Is it simply because they're trying to stomp out the PvP population? Poor economic choice given that PvP games (either mandatory or *cared for but optional*) are the longest lived games.

Why haven't these sets been released yet?
Post edited by tsokushin on

Comments

• ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    Many of us PvPer's were dead set ready upon the release of mod 5 on the preview server of obtaining the new mod 5 PvP set.

Mod 5 release comes around, we're bummed out that it's not released. Still hopeful, but bummed out.

Now, here we are about 2 patches later, on the eve of a new patch release, and there is no mention of this mod 5 PvP set being released.

Even worse, after a 25 page post on the preview shard about the stats on this set, the AMA had denied any knowledge about it.

What in the world is happening at Cryptic? Is it Licensing? Give it a new name. Is it simply because they're trying to stomp out the PvP population? Poor economic choice given that PvP games (either mandatory or *cared for but optional*) are the longest lived games.

Im done waiting for it so I just got the profound set . I guess is gonna be release by the next mod
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do you want a bugged set of Armor, or do you want a finished product?

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that they didn't finish it yet, and don't want to release it in its current state.

Ugh, I will never understand those PvP players... always complaining about something... :(
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It has nothing todo with "PvP Player" or not "PvP Player" -

it has to do with the following sentence:
    This is going to Preview right now. There will be one more smaller build to address a couple more things for next week, including a surprise for PvPers!

From Panderus - here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?810191-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141208a-4&p=9669411&viewfull=1#post9669411 @ 12-12-2014, 05:40 PM

And we haven't seen anything yet. It's not about PvP gear, it's not about new maps or modes or whatever. It's about that someone from the Devs said something and nothing ever happen.

This is just disappointing. Players are disappointed.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
    edited December 2014
    Obviously they ran into some unexpected problems, but I don't doubt they will release it.
    Yes, maybe they should be a little more transparent, since they have already announced it, but nevetheless:
    caunsidh wrote: »
    Do you want a bugged set of Armor, or do you want a finished product?
    3.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Having something appear in Collections and Achievements before its been released is not something new. It's happened before to companions and other things. I'm guessing its appearance was due to a similar bug, displaying developer items before they're ready. The silence of the matter could mean good things. I don't like to speculate, but it would just seem odd to me to release these set pieces without them being a part of some bigger development.
  • blackiejblackiej Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The problem people are having is not the fact there isn’t a drow set on live yet. It just the lack of communication to be honest.
    Lets take a look at the situation:

- PvP'er haven't received any love for some time (besides balance updates)

- The drow set is found on the preview gateway and posted on the preview forum. There is a product developer in that (25 page) topic responding he’s “adding overload slots as we speak”. Which confirms the set is actually real right?

- The drow set appears on the live gateway but no more information is offered.

- Panderus tells us there is a “surprise coming for PvPer’s”. Nothing goes live and no communication at all. If something went wrong at least just say that please?

- The product manager on the AMA on reddit says he has never even heard from this drow set.

- No more information..

Now I personally expect this set will be going live together with mod 6. This PvP set will be the counterpart of a new PvE set with similar stats in a “new” instance. However this is mere speculation.

All I really want to make clear with this post is that I don’t mind if you don’t release this set soon and I know you haven’t technically confirmed it (it is just found by players on the gateway) but please: communicate or people will be disappointed again and again. A simple post will suffice ! Thanks.
    ~ da Vinci (22k AC Faithfull PvP Cleric)
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    *snip*
    *snip*

As I already stated it's not about the armor set.

It's about that something has been said and announced but nothing happen. A single information that /whatever/ has been announced can't be released for the preview shard yet would be a nice step. But that didn't happen aswell. And this is what's people cause being disappointed.

People are looking forward for PvP changes no matter what. Some like new gear, others like new maps or new modes. And Panderus' announcement sounded really tempting and made alot of players happy in the first place. But the missing communication why that "suprise" couldn't be released yet - that's (imho) a kindly rude strategy.

Just my 2 cents.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
    edited December 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    But the missing communication why that "suprise" couldn't be released yet - that's (imho) a kindly rude strategy.

I cannot argue with that. Cryptic is a little bit cryptic.
    What I can argue, though, is that Cryptic Studios is a small studio with tight schedule, and are probably understaffed, but I'm sure they're doing their best. This isn't some big production with millions pouring in every month. Even that little revenue that they do have goes to their owner/parent company, not them.
    3.jpg
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The surprise could have been the boost to tenacty resistances from stats - up by 36% or something - but yeah, it was the Drow set I expected along with everyone else. Pve has had 2 new sets, draconic and templar, 3 if you include infernal. The pvp crowd, what profound..? From like 3 mods ago, and the bastardized pve/pvp black ice..?

Throw us a bone already. I've been saving glory since autumn. Either release it, or give us a firm release date so we can plan accordingly.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I cannot argue with that. Cryptic is a little bit cryptic.
    What I can argue, though, is that Cryptic Studios is a small studio with tight schedule, and are probably understaffed, but I'm sure they're doing their best. This isn't some big production with millions pouring in every month. Even that little revenue that they do have goes to their owner/parent company, not them.

As someone who used to spend a few 100 dollars a month on ZEN to support the company i see no more reasons to do it after their communication failures. Its because of what Nudlz says its not about the pvp armor its about communicating with the players base.

if they told us the pvp set was coming together with a bigger patch in a month, or few weeks, that would be fine. But since they literally said it was coming a few times already and we have been saving our glory not spending it on anything is just weak. Even if they dont know when its coming out or dont have the time to make it, thats ok too! just let us know so we dont expect it week after week. pls.
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Assuming that the drow sets are part of a bigger development, perhaps the Huge or medium sized surprises, the devs have hinted at, which would have to be something PVP orientated. Could this more PVP maps or perhaps PVP tournaments...

zebular wrote: »
    Having something appear in Collections and Achievements before its been released is not something new. It's happened before to companions and other things. I'm guessing its appearance was due to a similar bug, displaying developer items before they're ready. The silence of the matter could mean good things. I don't like to speculate, but it would just seem odd to me to release these set pieces without them being a part of some bigger development.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

This actually explains why a lot of stuff happens. Don't treat us like typical PVE players. We look at Collections and pay attention to stuff.
  • khalelkhalel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First, the title of the thread is kinda inapropriate because there is no mod 5 pvp set that has been released yet.;)

Like most pvp players, I was upset too about these drow pvp sets not being released but at the same time it is so funny that Cryptic again failed to communicate (accurately) with their player base. How many times they have given wrong informations on their news, promos, and now on the preview patch notes. The miscommunication between the whole company itself is very upsetting that I laughed for a few minutes. (this might be harsh, but how can a manager do not know anything about something that is on the gateway already? its hilarious)

Just please give us something to hold into, something accurate, not teasers, not another misleading notes and promos and such... just for once, be honest.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    lets wait another 2 months.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014

In his AMA session, the staff leader answered that "drow set" was not ringing a bell. He is the highest source of info, so probably what we can see in the gateway is a fan art that slipped in mistakenly.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    In his AMA session, the staff leader answered that "drow set" was not ringing a bell. He is the highest source of info, so probably what we can see in the gateway is a fan art that slipped in mistakenly.

I mean, only the devs can really access and update things like that.

If it is indeed fan art, then fine, let the players release the set already.

In any case, he's the product manager. If he doesn't even monitor the threads that get the most attention in the forums, how exactly is he going to ensure that the products he releases will draw in the most players/customers?

In addition, how does he not even know about this as product manager?