What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big Ticket BoE Drops

2»

Comments

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    You're setting a norm for a "Endgame-Character" here, even if there's no Endgame-Content matching this power.

Nah, a full maxed end-game toon is not something you need to enjoy the game. There are many ways to play and enjoy the game and for most all of these having a maxed toon is not necessary. But it is an objective goal that large portion of the player base would like to be able to achieve someday. Agree fully it should not be easy or the norm or anything achievable in a few months through regular F2P (and it's clearly not).

But for those aspiring toward this goal, there is gap/lack of progress-appropriate D&D content and rewards once hit a certain level (say, full set Rank 8 and purple artifacts) where progress slows to an agonizing crawl.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think there is still time. The absolute best thing they could do that requires zero effort on their part is disable the T2 drops from Tiamat until after they have genuine T3 dungeon content.

I agree on the legendary, but I have no confidence that any such thing is in our near term future, so I just don't understand why after seeing the effect of T2 out of Tiamat they don't react quickly to solve the issue. The market will fix itself in a month or two, and T2 will be back to being a genuine game play element again.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The biggest problem I saw in these T1 and T2 drops is that these T1/T2 drops are not bound to account. These BoE drops flood the market, and the new players will not find the dungeons interesting anymore. As a result, the fresh 60s will have a power creep by buying T2s, and for old 60s, the artifacts things already make the content too easy to do. Lacking of challenges means lacking of fun.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't get it. If one of those "big tickets" items drops for me and its good for my toon - I'm keeping it. Just because its special. Sure, I can sell it and never see the item again, but I don't want to - I want to keep the shinny. So I'll have no perfects and no legendary things, and no epic companions. Who cares? the game isn't that hard you NEEED all that.