test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: your alts, earn their keep or buy their gear?

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
I'm likely 3 as I will send Vangaurds and Formorians and occasionally the odd enchant to my alts. You?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Currently it's more 1 than 2 because the game has gone ALT unfriendly in a heartbeat. And what you can buy off the AH is usually pretty cheap some weeks into a module.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Pretty much #3. However, it could be seen as #1. For you see... all my characters work Leadership (very few aren't at 20 leadership - I have 27 characters to date) and collectively pay for all my characters as a whole. When one reaches 60, I either buy them a full T1 or T2 set, depending on cost at the time.

They then individually work for their own needed things which are bind on acquire (campaign stuff, delves, etc). After they have their first set at 60, I then only use my compiled AD to buy them things like companions or Zen items.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Where's the option "4. My alts are my slaves. Their sole existence is to serve my main"?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Where's the option "4. My alts are my slaves. Their sole existence is to serve my main"?
    *chuckles madly* There was a time when my main 'Old Zeb' (CW) was like that, then my other main, Daxx (DC), put him in his place. I don't really have a single "main." I have a main character that I play for each class, I really don't have just one main character though. I enjoy all of my characters, just I enjoy the main character I have for each class a bit more than my alt characters of that same class. In my signature, the characters in white letters would be considered my "main" characters. They're listed as white though there only because they're the guild leaders for that guild they're under.

Rundown:
    • 'Old Zeb' is my main CW and arguably my "main" character. I do enjoy my 4 other mages, just none as much as Old Zeb.
    • Daxx is my main Divine Oracle DC, while Cahtryn is my main Annointed Champion DC.
    • Mistress Xiidrya is still leveling, for she will be my main SW, despite Elgatryn's desires.
    • Zek is my main TR, yet I love Beziira just as much.
    • Bruthim is my main GF, although Dove has quickly become more enjoyable.
    • Zysh'dryala is my main GWF, I love Traevelek as well though.
    • Eshlara is my main HR, while 'Zeb the Younger' finds his place.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    i help all my alts with a pvp set and some cheap pve jewels, is rly nice to have them in a good shape and i do like to play them all :)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I used to earn gg gear and pass them to my alts when they were boe, then I moved onto earning gg gear themselves. For my SW I believe I got the grim pvp set at first. I then possibly earn another set, such as sw got an AD set, DC got miracle healer then high prophet, cw got hv, one gwf farmed his aow set. For CN weapon sets, or fomorian, I just bought the pieces. Some used dread sets, but now they can have a superior artifact weapon anyway. I used mulhorand for levelling my 2nd gwf and xvim for my sw as well as a couple of high level enchants/perfect weapon enchant for my 2nd gwf.

As for enchants my main has rank 9s and my others have ~ rank 7s and costs were shared over all of my toons. I used to buy all my gemmed shirt and pants that way too though can now craft them.

I just wish I could craft my other toons personalized rings, necks and belts but I think just the one time levelling up is going to be enough for me to just say sod it and neglect them more. Those would be good alternatives to the artifact equipment without investing in legendaries, although even epic artifacts do have nice benefits that pay off the minus side of not unlocking the final enchantment slot.
  • eternalpietyeternalpiety Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i have 3 accounts with 2 chars each, all have leadership for the AD but i use each one as their own char.all pay their own way, but i'll happily use their cash to fund the others.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had to gave up on my alts (all 14 of them) as the artifact everything-but-underwear madness took over this game design.:mad:

Also, with the huge increase of the enchantment slots due to the artifact madness, I had to even give up on having 2 chars all geared out. Unfortunately this game is not alt-friendly.
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Each time I get a new alt up to level 60, I buy him some rings/necklace/belt, enchants r6-7, a lesser soulforged and let them get the rest all by themselves.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm cheap and just buy the dragon bone leveling weapons. I have the dragonborn pack so I use the ring and trinket while leveling. Gets by good enough. At level 60, my alts pave their own way. I'll use whatever R5's I have laying around and possibly buy them some neck and ring pieces. They earn their tier gear on their own.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really don't have a main. Invest mostly equal time in all the classes.

I just gear em up off of the AH well enough to not be completely useless in a T2.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have twelve level 60's , eleven are prayer/leadership alts and one is my main , until recently almost all 11 of my alts were either naked or only had on the bare basics to get into IWD to unlock the class artifact quest and unlock all the class artifacts for my main , now almost all have full sets of T1 thanks to the Dragon heralds lmfao.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Alts aren't viable for me anymore. I have one PVP toon, which just kinda sits on the shelf now, and one PVE toon. I had others, but...had to let them go.

To answer your question though, Toon-1 usually helped Toon-2 get on his feet, then whichever one had the need would get the help.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I ran dungeons for my main, then I ran GG countless times to farm GG gear or sellable loot from DK to get other gear.

Then I got super frustrated after not seeing my DC helm from SP after 25 runs. So now I just buy most of it.

Its really detrimental if you're f2p or semi f2p to make multiple alts and gear them. This is a mistake I made, but because PVE so easy, I am happy I made the the alts playable, when I get bored I can easily switch character. For PVP bis type character, just focus that 1 char.

If you want 1 super strong character (bis) completely ignore the other characters except for leadership farming.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas