test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mute bug or what?

pietreanupietreanu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a big issue out of the blue without doing anything, I came home from shopping and when I start to play Neverwinter have this problem "[Notify System] You have Been silenced. You May chat again in 18 hours, 56 minutes, and 23 seconds. (WTF?)"I did not spam or else you can check the server to give me if I can check Unmute spam or else I did.
I have left of tickets for 3 hours and no one answered me.Please help me
Thanks
Post edited by pietreanu on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All it takes is enough people clicking "report spam" to silence you.

I haven't noticed many muting threads in these forums, but in Champions Online it was an ongoing problem, with people claiming to be silenced when all they did was talk once in Zone, or not even that.

If you pvped and annoyed someone, they could get their guildies to all report spam and silence you. Or maybe you said something obnoxious in Zone chat.

In any case, no point in support tickets: you should be un-muted in 24 hours, and I doubt Support would get to you before then, with all the tickets that have piled up over the long holiday weekend.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hopefully the people reviewing the "report spam" actually look at "text" logs during that time period to authenticate real spam. Another game I played did this - as soon as "report spam" was done, the system apparently attached a chunk of the texting log to the report for review - to avoid mistakes/player abuse.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could someone have access to your account, and be using it to spam PE when you're not logged in?

Serious question here. If you haven't already, I'd change your password.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pietreanupietreanu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i change now my pas but now i have mute...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Right, you'll be muted until that temporary chat ban expires.

And just wait on your tickets. Typically it's a matter of days, not hours on when they're answered...and your problem is going to fix itself.

You'll be right as rain tomorrow morning :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All it takes is enough people clicking "report spam" to silence you.

I haven't noticed many muting threads in these forums, but in Champions Online it was an ongoing problem, with people claiming to be silenced when all they did was talk once in Zone, or not even that.

We saw a lot of this early into the game, right near the end of beta. There was nearly a complaint topic every day. With old CO vets shouting "we warned ya!"

It seems the devs made a few tweaks to the system because, for the most part, these complaints have pretty much dried up. Because of that, I'm finding it really hard to believe anyone can get muted without spamming.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Either there were tweaks or the trolls forgot it could occur. Heck I have to act like a broken record reminding people that spam bots get muted within seconds due to the report spam button since it seems to be no longer common knowledge.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I've even been the target of abuse by this back when it was first implemented in STO. It happened to me three times. The third time, Support responded in time and cleared my account of the flag. Since, I just rarely chat in Zone in any of the three games that have this, CO, NW, and STO.

However, as of late with Neverwinter, there does seem to be some added measures to help keep innocent players from being the subject of abuse. Still, if reported properly, those found abusing it will have necessary action taken against them.

Closing this up as this is a Support Issue and not something for forum discussion. If one has been silenced and you are sure you did no wrong, please file a Support Ticket (not a bug report). However, making multiple tickets on the same issue will put your tickets at the back of the line. One ticket is enough. Making it as an in game bug report will not gander a response, as Support does not get Bug Reports, for they go to the QA Devs instead, who do not respond to Bug Reports.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.