test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New quest ( fetch ghost bones ) - another disaster

Comments

• cyphrus42cyphrus42 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, stupidest quest yet. Most of the time when the wolf howls, the interaction never appears. This is really pissing me off and a huge waste of time. Who developed this? They should be fired. It couldn't possibly have been tested.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Someone needs to contact the intern that designed this quest and let them know that their services will no longer be needed.

Seriously though - epic fail. Flawed design, top to bottom. Never seen such a poorly designed/executed mass waste of time.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ***Reposting this***

This Fetch quest frustrated me as well. Thank goodness guildies gave me some advices.

I was able to complete it.

1) Move to an instance with the fewest people.
    2) If i don't see my wolf, go back to the quest giver for a new one (although my 2/6 bones, i never had a wolf).
    3) The spots (dusty/gray cloud area) where my wolf howl is where I can pick up a bone.

Took me a good 20minutes to finish this.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014

I actually had a chat with the developers about this quest today based on what I've read here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. They told me that they will be investigating the issues with this quest and the others in the Well of Dragons.

I currently don't have an ETA for a resolution, but I will keep you all in the loop.

• hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    My wolf disappeared 2 times, I tried walking instead of mounting, still didn't help. I guess I will abandoned this.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes this quest is bullcrap. Wolf howls no dig spot appears. 1 hour of this and I have all of 4 bones. This quest is like some kind of sick joke.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In around a half hour of trying this quest I found two bones I could interact with, and one of those got ninjaed. So I gave up and abandoned it.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a thoroughly broken quest before in any MMO. This could not possibly have been properly tested. It simply isn't fit for release.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I found this quest annoying. Lets not even get on how the wolf disappears and we need to run back and get another one then run once more to quest locale. Why? What did this add to the quest?

Then I go in circles. Half the time I'm digging out boots. The node results are static instead of random, so even when my wolf runs off I already know there will be boots instead of a bone. Why? What does dud nodes add to the quest or the game? Either make the rewards random or, better, don't waste our time by adding time sinks. Fortunately this is no longer my case, but imagine a new player trying to do all the myriad campaign dailies? Streamline dailies. You have added *MORE* dailies. We have our time sinks, no need to artificially increase them further.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seeing how long it took for the Troll Idol quest to get fixed, I do hope the Dev team react with greater alacrity than previously.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My wife, not a natural gamer, did the quest in a few minutes! Whilst I was zooming off with my mount and getting a bit annoyed with the slow wolf, she listened to the NPC, read the quest description, *walked* to the highlighted map area with the wolf, it howled, she dug and got a bone. She was in the middle of describing this to me when the wolf howled again in the same place, she dug and got another bone. Seems the bone re-spawned every 20-30 seconds. Quest done. I joined her and the same happened for me. Quest done. The odd thing was that the location was not one of those "dusty cloud" ones I had been targeting. There were no visual clues at all.

Whilst I can see the frustration it does show that a bit of perseverance and experimentation pays off. Instead of joining the chat whiners or the forum whiners, just give it time to settle in. Maybe there are flaws and bugs but there were plenty of folk managing to do the quest yesterday. There were even some offering to guide others.

I personally think we need more quests that get away from the "follow the sparkles, zerg the mobz, grabz the lootz" thing.

So anyway, now I have a smug wife who wonders why no-one else is following the instructions and letting the wolf do the work!
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So i've still yet to complete on any character.
    Problems I see with this quest thus far :

The bones once dug up stay there for an indeterminate length of time, i've waited up to 10 mins for a re-spawn, gotten frustrated and left to a new spot , rinse and repeat.
    The dig spot can be stolen by other players (ninja-ed) while you fight the mob guarding it.
    The wolf gets stuck in many different spots and is easily lost, forcing you to return to the quest giver and get a new wolf.

These are the issues I have observed.
  • archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2014
    if your wolf disappear you can get it from the npc quest giver again.
    The bones are usually located near the mobs
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are a few spots where there are no mobs, and bones seem to always drop. I ran mindlessly for half an hour without getting anything. Then I finally found a spot, stood in place for like 2-3 minutes and got all the bones. At some point the wolf disappeared, but after a few seconds I could interact with the node again and got the last bone.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In around a half hour of trying this quest I found two bones I could interact with, and one of those got ninjaed. So I gave up and abandoned it.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a thoroughly broken quest before in any MMO. This could not possibly have been properly tested. It simply isn't fit for release.

I was able to complete it. But it was completely frustrating due to ninjaing by other players. It won't even allow teams to complete it together (both get credit for a dig). I teamed up with a fellow player who ninja'd one of my spots and we searched but had to complete seperately. This is one of those missions to pick up today but complete tomorrow, so everyone is not out there stealing bones from each other.

Once I completed the mission, the wolf would not despawn. It stayed with me, even after I visited Merrisa Winterwhite to get the rewards. I had to exit the zone and re-enter.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If only the information about all these things were given on preview section. Oh wait, it was.
    report one
    report two
    report three
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At first I thought this quest was broken for me.

I got my wolf and told him to "find the bones". He howled and ran off and after awhile he came running back and start humping my leg. I kicked him off and he grabbed a stick from the ground and start shaking it around like crazy. I tried this a few times and he always did the same thing. It was only after awhile that I realized he was trying to tell me "There are more 'effing' bones out there than you can shake a stick at".

LOL! Thanks, I needed that laugh! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Got all of the bones on my SW (around 4pm EST). Completed the rest of the dailies with no issues. Logged for a bit.

HR got 2 bones (around 5pm EST) but no matter where I lead that **** wolf, he didn't sniff anything out. Abandoned quest.

My other toons - didn't even pick up the quest. Too frustrating.
    I aim to misbehave
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

I actually had a chat with the developers about this quest today based on what I've read here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. They told me that they will be investigating the issues with this quest and the others in the Well of Dragons.

I currently don't have an ETA for a resolution, but I will keep you all in the loop.

Akro, thanks for bringing this to their attention. This quest frustrated me and a guildmate to end last night.
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    My wife, not a natural gamer, did the quest in a few minutes! Whilst I was zooming off with my mount and getting a bit annoyed with the slow wolf, she listened to the NPC, read the quest description, *walked* to the highlighted map area with the wolf, it howled, she dug and got a bone. She was in the middle of describing this to me when the wolf howled again in the same place, she dug and got another bone. Seems the bone re-spawned every 20-30 seconds. Quest done. I joined her and the same happened for me. Quest done. The odd thing was that the location was not one of those "dusty cloud" ones I had been targeting. There were no visual clues at all.

Whilst I can see the frustration it does show that a bit of perseverance and experimentation pays off. Instead of joining the chat whiners or the forum whiners, just give it time to settle in. Maybe there are flaws and bugs but there were plenty of folk managing to do the quest yesterday. There were even some offering to guide others.

I personally think we need more quests that get away from the "follow the sparkles, zerg the mobz, grabz the lootz" thing.

So anyway, now I have a smug wife who wonders why no-one else is following the instructions and letting the wolf do the work!

My Wolf howls randomly and i stand right where he howled at for minutes and not a thing.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ran into this issue yesterday, had like 5 guildies out complaining about the same issue.

I was able to get 1/6 and that was it.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Tyvm. It is the worst quest I've seen. Which is sad. Wolf looks nice anyway.

To quote myself in the thread that I guess we're not using anymore:

Only one spot in the place worked and it had a 5 minute respawn,
    plus I shared it with another party member... plus a ninja.
    Tried jumping to instances with only 3 people - did not help.
    (Mostly because other people know to do this and the area isn't big.)

Please
    1. Let party members share
    2. Don't make the wolves howl at all the empty spots
    3. The wolves are far too slow
    4. We don't actually need the wolves since we can see the spots... odd
    5. Respawn the bones faster and in more places and let anyone take them
    (Like you did with the Troll's religious item)
    6. Apparently dying = having to start over from scratch
    7. Wolves like to get stuck. Use companion's pathing and speed
    8. Oh. Or you could cut it down to 3 bones. (Which still takes 20 mins.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    henry404 wrote: »

I like the lack of mass killing as a break. But your wife's wolf managed to stumble on a spot
    that the majority of people will never luck into. The wolf has dozens of dead spots to howl on.
    Could you post the Map Coordinates for her spot? (Hit M and look at the bottom left corner I think.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • cherryredsun85cherryredsun85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have been doing this quest for the past couple of days now... and only once have i been able to dig something up... and even then some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> came along and nicked whatever it was i would have got from digging. This quest is beyond a joke.

This quest needs sorting asap. Come on devs, pull your fingers out!
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I needed to come back six times at the NPC to get the quest completed. No ninja by other players or anything. Just the wolf unable to follow, or getting stuck, or howling for nothing, or finding five shoes in a row, and finally vanishing. I won't be taking this quest again.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Beautiful drawn and animated - their graphic designers are among the best.

The wolf spirit is a re-use from Vellosk.
    Music is a re-use from Dread ring. One of the minidungeons is too.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    By the way, this bug still is there too (if interrupted, the bone collection fails and the spot gets bugged):
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777571-Official-Feedback-Thread-Well-of-Dragons-Adventure-Zone&p=9324551&viewfull=1#post9324551
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    ...one could think they are unable to learn from past mistakes...
    ...or they have a real high turnover developerwise.

It really feels like the people maintaining it now are a sort of "B-Team", and not those responsible for the original game- it feels like it's now looked after by a skeleton crew.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Wait? We still have developers and not just forum admins????? Holy cow - I was beginning to worry for a bit there. That is definitely going to help me sleep a lot sweeter tonight.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It really feels like the people maintaining it now are a sort of "B-Team", and not those responsible for the original game- it feels like it's now looked after by a skeleton crew.

That is exactly how I feel too. Mod 1-2 = freaking awesome.

A. team puts together Sharrandar, it is awesome, boons are good, dungeon was pretty rough at first, 3 new maps,

B team puts together the rest - just 1 map, worse dailies, class changes get more and more drastic... Little to no community feedback.

B team puts tail b/w legs and goes into hiding leaving forum mods to delete more and more threads to make it seem like players haven't noticed, and even generate false replies that they have spoken with the dev team recently lol...

Oh WELL - it could always get better, gotta be optimistic.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So... one stupid quest that people can just drop and forget about and move on, the devs get involved. But, people being completely locked out of doing any WoD dailies, thus locked out of the new content, thus locked out of future content, thus having no reason to log in anymore... nobody cares? Thinning the herd maybe? Good way to cut down on the playerbase.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?799121-WoD-3-dailies-not-showing-after-abandoning-the-Cult-Prison-lair