test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New quest ( fetch ghost bones ) - another disaster

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm all for getting new quests to relieve the boredom of WoD , but another ninja-able quest .
Come on , give us a break .
This fetch ghost bones is yet again poorly designed .
Another ninja-able quest .
Also partly RNG based as when you eventually get to dig you can either get one of the required 6 bones OR a pair of old shoes .
In which case KEEP ON DIGGING ..............
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good to see you are staying positive. Well Done.
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not to mention the wolf seems to disappear at times. The re-spawn of each dig spot is so very slow, I am half way ( 3 of 6) after 20+ minutes.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It really is pretty awful....
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ktogokimer wrote: »
    Not to mention the wolf seems to disappear at times. The re-spawn of each dig spot is so very slow, I am half way ( 3 of 6) after 20+ minutes.

You can dig twice at the same spot..just move a little and go back where you came from. the only mess in here some people snooping around for your bones waiting to appear and they get it.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The quest is great idea, but poorly executed.
    If devs will make some changes, like stop ninja players, to dig out your spots it will be OK.
    And there is a problem with respawns, in high occupied instances (20+ plp) it takes more than 10min to get 6 bones ;/
    All bones arround are dig out, so my wolf wont snif any new spot ;/
  • pepperelfpepperelf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would say this quest is broken. I have been running around the bones for a good 20 minutes and see spots of mist and boots, but nowhere to dig. already had to re-spawn the wolf once. Obviously the respawn rates of the digging spots needs to be fixed.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh this quest is finally being handed out? I was missing it. I reported that the quest is bugged on preview and that digging up bones does not result in an intractable node appearing more often than not.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777571-Official-Feedback-Thread-Well-of-Dragons-Adventure-Zone&p=9435861&viewfull=1#post9435861
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I too complained about this awkward and buggy quest on the PTR. Do the nodes still break if you get interrupted while digging?

It's nice that they experimented a bit with quest design. It's unfortunate that Fetch Quest stinks as currently implemented.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    The quest is great idea, but poorly executed.

This. The wolf runs slowly and gets stuck and lost. Then what when you're at 3/6 and your wolf has disappeared? Yep, you have to steal someone else's dig.
    The wolves should be better followers. Otherwise it's just yet another ninja quest, like the intercept messenger one or the rescue captive one.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is odd is that they have quests that do this right. you interact with a fixed object that can be shared between people running around, rather than a item that vanish upon interact and then have the a cooldown before respawn. Are they worried that people will camp one node?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good grief I agree! The wolf disappeared on me as well, which RESET my bones collected back to ZERO!

Also, I thought we were done with quests that could be abused by lurkers. The troll idol quest in IWD was fixed after many complaints. Not sure why a new quest was designed that enabled lurkers to loot the nodes!!

PS - The messenger quest is the same - allows ninja abuses!

PSS - The "rescue prisoner" quest is also the same as above.

C'mon guys!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't understand this quest at all. I had two wolves just disappear on me and I never found anything with which to interact. Glad I don't need to do dailies anymore.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also had the same troubles as everyone else described
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    I don't understand this quest at all. I had two wolves just disappear on me and I never found anything with which to interact. Glad I don't need to do dailies anymore.

Same here :(
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is there a reason to continue to do dailies after the first 10 days?
    i mean it seems we only need linu favors
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At first I thought this quest was broken for me.

I got my wolf and told him to "find the bones". He howled and ran off and after awhile he came running back and start humping my leg. I kicked him off and he grabbed a stick from the ground and start shaking it around like crazy. I tried this a few times and he always did the same thing. It was only after awhile that I realized he was trying to tell me "There are more 'effing' bones out there than you can shake a stick at".
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

I guess coffers, fangs, and other things will still be needed, or at least useful.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only if you plan to farm Linu's Favors instead of/in addition to killing Tiamat.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thoughts on if Tiamat is going to be a once a day type of thing? Or if we will actually be able to farm it regularly? Or is it gonna be another 30 second elol run with absolutely no difficulty?

But yeah - I was on TS today and heard 5 different people talk about this quest bothering them all morning lol... I laughed
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well you got lucky. I also went to the lowest-spawn instance. Of course everyone else frustrated with this rock-stupid mission did the same till we were all trying to mine a node. which I got three digs out of 2 of which were failures before my dog decided to de-res. Of course everyone else is mining anode so I switch again, wishing, for the third time that day, that I could strangle the quest giver. Got 2 successes in that node and then it fropped out. Found another unoccupied node without doggie going bye-bye. Took about an hour. Maybe if I had hours a day to spend on dailies I would be less annoyed.
  • yamato146yamato146 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I definitely agree that I like the fact that they are experimenting with new and innovative forms of quests. I also agree that this one needs a little tweaking. I heard someone say that the bone registers in an AoE like rescuing the captives outside the prison, but I stood right next to someone when they dug up a bone and it didn't register for me. I can't say I like the design of quests that can be griefed/ninja-ed. There was the problem with Troll Idols, and the other Dwarven Valley quest where you had to tip over the pots. There are always going to be terrible people who act selfishly; to design quests that empower those people alienates those players who try to do things properly. I understand the concept of realism in quest design, i.e. that once one person picks an item up, that item should disappear, but all quest items like that really should register in an AoE to mitigate the damage done by the inevitable griefing.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    If memory serves, I thought it was set up as a HE that spawned every half hour.

That was for testing only. It'll be every hour I believe.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First time I started, I saw two sparkly places and got two bones. Then I ran in circles 4-5 times and didn't see anything else. So I changed instance. Ran around in circles another 5-6 times, especially where I found my first two bones- no sparklys. So I killed some mobs to see if the sparkly might reset about the same time, it seemed people were circling the dusty areas. While killing the mobs the message to press f to interact appeared. So I could find bones there without sparkles. After that I ran around the dusted areas but no option to press f. I switched instances again circled another 5-6 times- nothing. And now I'm going to bed.
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

Pretty much this , I unlocked the first two things in the module five campaign but then cannot continue any further because I cann't get linu's favor so I didn't bother logging on for the past 4 or 5 days or whatever , can we continue the third stage of the module five campaign yet?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Pretty much this , I unlocked the first two things in the module five campaign but then cannot continue any further because I cann't get linu's favor so I didn't bother logging on for the past 4 or 5 days or whatever , can we continue the third stage of the module five campaign yet?

no, to continue you need drops from tiamat which isn't open yet....
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Edit: A guildie showed me the trick to this and I was able to do it in 2 mins
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Edit: A guildie showed me the trick to this and I was able to do it in 2 mins

Thanks for sharing.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    no, to continue you need drops from tiamat which isn't open yet....

To get the ability to make keys for the Tiamat chest and to receive Dragon Empire Treasures, yes. But not to fight Tiamat herself. To really say there's any "campaign progression" per se is a bit misleading, as you could fight Tiamat and never have to touch those tasks--you'd just have to buy the keys off the ZEN market.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also having problems with this quest. Mind you I've had to give up playing at all this evening due to epic lag and rubberbanding.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited December 2014
    There are other MMOs where players can share the quest drops/nodes. Even a game like Destiny has it implemented where players can share the quest drops to prevent ninja abuse. This NW Fetch quest is probably more annoying than the pre-patch lightning jars quest and that's saying something.