test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion - Heroic Encounter Barrier

flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
My idea is very simple.
Make CW one new skill, Barrier.

"If cast Shield in HE, the CW can create one Barrier into HE area. Thus preventing Heroes or mobs enter area until the HE end."

Rules:
-The Barrier is similar to used in boss.-
-Heroes can pass the Barrier until bearable HE limit (if 3, then 3 can pass, if 5, then 5 can pass) -
-Companions will not afected by Barrier.-
-CW should cast the Barrier every 3 min, or it break.-
-CW spend gold to keep Barrier. (the amount varies according to the size of HE, the amount is fix by cast) -
-If CW die, the Barrier break.-
-If a Hero die, the Barrier allows spend another. (until limit)-
-The function Shield~Barrier should be changed in powers menu.-

Other classes may have similar powers like SW, DC, and Shaman. So is choice of players maintain or not a limit of people from HEs. :cool:
Post edited by flambridge on

Comments

• Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flambridge wrote: »
    My idea is very simple.
    Make CW one new skill, Barrier.

"If cast Shield in HE, the CW can create one Barrier into HE area. Thus preventing Heroes or mobs enter area until the HE end."

Rules:
    -The Barrier is similar to used in boss.-
    -Heroes can pass the Barrier until bearable HE limit (if 3, then 3 can pass, if 5, then 5 can pass) -
    -Companions will not afected by Barrier.-
    -CW should cast the Barrier every 3 min, or it break.-
    -CW spend gold to keep Barrier. (the amount varies according to the size of HE, the amount is fix by cast) -
    -If CW die, the Barrier break.-
    -If a Hero die, the Barrier allows spend another. (until limit)-
    -The function Shield~Barrier should be changed in powers menu.-

Other classes may have similar powers like SW, DC, and Shaman. So is choice of players maintain or not a limit of people from HEs. :cool:

I can't help but see the greed flowing from this idea. I can see it now: LF CW for HE farming - then groups keeps everyone out. Short answer: NO
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I used the CW as base to illustrate.
    Not need (and not should) be restricted.
    And for classes without Arkanism (GWF, GF, monk etc), just put sale item in WB (for 10~50 AD each) to does same thing.
    Understand, the cost and risk is high (player "lost" a power, and spend gold every three minutes), but eases drop in HE.

Also, companions will not be affected. So a percentage of HE can be directed to the player who assign the companion, but can not pass the barrier.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bad bad bad bad idea. This will shut out a majority of the player base from HEs as alot are casual players.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a player controlled option this is just too open to abuse.

Could it work as a default part of the game to limit the number of players in a HE? There are probably better options though.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Nay, this idea leaves too much room for abuse and grief.

Instead of such things, what should be done is as I have suggested since IWD came to be, is to add a Skirmish for each of the Dragon HE encounters that is specifically suited for 5-man parties. With the Tiamat Raid mechanics, this could also be opened up also include 25-man versions as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    As a player controlled option this is just too open to abuse.

Could it work as a default part of the game to limit the number of players in a HE? There are probably better options though.

Eeer, + - (as says on my country)

I thought of the abuse, and not designed something to "be easy to sustain" or "be useful for bots" / "be useful for malicious guilds".

Two barriers can not be raised at the same time in the same HE, and
    who support the barrier die it breaks.
    Does not control all HE while all instances. Also can not sustain it forever, as there a gold cost. And more greater is HE, more higher is gold cost.

(did not say the price per I wanted to community, but I thought something in scale of "50g x HE size per cast")
    (of course, the AD items would not gold cost, however still would AD cost)

So "monopolize Beholder" would be in the scale of "tens of thousands of golds".
    I too thought this is "something character must learn" (either campaign or quest). Giving labor for bots sustainable use (non offsetting the cost).

Besides of fact own HE would become more difficult with fewer players, and players tire (minus the Koreans, they have infinite battery XD).

At the end is a "bargaining token", player exchange your gold for a better chance to get those items.

(also, only explaining better basic idea, has how improve)
    (this ideia is based in city mecanics of Log Horizon anime, and D&D Abjuration macanics)

zebular wrote: »

Instead of such things, what should be done is as I have suggested since IWD came to be, is to add a Skirmish for each of the Dragon HE encounters that is specifically suited for 5-man parties. With the Tiamat Raid mechanics, this could also be opened up also include 25-man versions as well.

This is too good ideia.
    The important is improve HE mechanics, making drop more accessible for all classes.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    <image removed>
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »

Take the Well of Dragons, and when the dragons appear at 45 after the hour, add 5-man queueable instances of the zone.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums