test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't queue for skirmishes

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
OK... got the error again where when you queue up for something the accept window flashes on the screen.

Anyone else getting this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yup

/10char
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah i thought so.... :(
  • Options
    halfquarthalfquart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Confirmed bugged for me and some of my guildmates but not all and not consistently.

In my case, a dozen tries with the same result: I show as queued, then I see the message (paraphrasing) "Your game is ready. Press K for more." I never see a popup "join instance" window. One or more other players that get the popup window simply say I failed to join at which point the queue times out.

Fun!
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Something seems wrong. I queue up but after a few seconds it tells me I did not respond in time and am removed from queue. But nothing ever comes up to invite me into a group so I can accept.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aaah thought it was just me.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Log out to character select and log back in. That should resolve the issue for your next queue, at least.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nope that doesn't work. apparently everyone is having the problem. the skirmish queue is bugged for all skirmishes
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm seeing the 'press shift/1 to join' dialog flash up as soon as I click join. Disappears before I can do anything.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Confirmed. Actually rebooted and tried with a new char.. no good. It is skirmish hour. Maybe it is just overloaded.

The dialog to accept is flashing up and gone in a micro second.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    This happened before. There were two workarounds, one being the log out thing (reported as not working this time). The second one is to spam spam the key for the accept dialog immediately after queueing and on until you get in the queue. Has anyone tried this latter workaround? The spamming hotkey one works best after rebinding that keybind to a single key, I have mine sent to Numpad 1, for example.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I haven't been in the game for awhile, so I don't know if it is even still an issue, but yeah, I spammed accept for a long time. I am still set to shift/1 (default,) so that may have made it impossible. I could maybe see it working if bound to a single key, because I was seeing the dialog box well enough to read a few words before it disappeared.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's am intermittent bug that can affect people sometimes. I've had it happen to me once, it went away the next day.

Rumor has it that you can change character - allow the countdown timer to go all the way, log back. Or to allow the 15-minute inactivity to kick you from the game. I don;t know if these work, just what I've seen elsewhere in these forums.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can also spam B and shift+1 and will get in eventually.