test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Virtuous vs Faithfull: Which tree is better for healer/survivability for noGF party?

kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Temple
Since mod4 we all became convenient and lazy.
GF's KV made so easy runs that lots of ppl even refuse to go to lol,cn etc w/o GF and the KV's 50% DR.
I am using a righteous-buff DC which is pretty good if GF is in the party.

Which tree can function better if I happen to have none GF around? (one hitter mobs in LoL etc)
Which is better for heal and survivability?

Yeah I am thinking about Tiamat Temple...
Lots of DOT dmg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Virtuous is the supertank as DCs go - but DPS is sloooow but you and party will all be tanks (HoT)

Faithful is more DPS a little less healing - but it's clutch-healing (great for healing up big hits).
  • Options
    rsanrsan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find that the DPS on Faithful and Virtuous are the same. Damage skills remains unchanged for both so its the type of healing you are getting from the paths that reduces the amount of time you dodge and more time for DPS. Healing wise, I find it about the same in the end as long you maintain divine pips and know how/when the party members are taking damage to keep them alive. Not much you can do if they run ahead of the party or don't dodge and die.

During the preview, I notice the Faithful capstone is better at keeping players alive during the multiple dragon's breath attack. Since very little players run away from that, drop a yellow AS and drop a bastion to prevent OHKO. Virtuous build does have extra dmg mitigation (if you also get the foresight feat) and somewhat fast HoTs. But to be honest, Righteous can work too at Tiamat or other battles if you want to switch to support. 3x divine DG on boss with 3 empowered stacked BtS with no yellow AS can sometimes prevent OHKO for some players (works in eSoT when the boss throws the cone fire blast type attack). I did a lot of eLoL mix of no GFs, with glass cannons, and non 15k+ GS and was still able to beat the boss 90% of the time at the first go with that combo with regular/divine bastion to refill the HP.

In the end, if the preview was foreshadowing what type of the Tiamat battle it will be, its all about DPS in the end. Not much need for support.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, since getting help to better understand DC changes, my fully virtuous divine oracle is an awesome self-sustaining and group healing tank. She does puny damage, so solo fights can drag on, but few non-epic mobs have any chance in defeating her, unless the gods wish it. She was fully faithful pre-mod 5. She's pretty much back to how she was then, just now in the virtuous tree.
  • Options
    xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only time imo it is ok for a DC to try act like a tank is when there is no GF or GWF in the group and then perhaps a Virtuous DC would be the best choice, otherwise I don't think DCs should try act as a tank as they neither have the skills, feats or defenses to do so.

My DC is a Virtuous Anointed Champion though, and like I have said before I feel Virtuous is more about preventing/reducing damage to party members as well as healing, they also have HoTs that proc off offensive abilities so the DC can heal while being on the offensive.

Faithful is more focused on stronger healing spells and instant healing such as from it's capstone ability, which has saved my life a few times. This allows them to not constantly be casting healing skills at the party so can also focus on buffs and offensive skills more.