test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healer companions

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
What is generally accepted as the best healer companion? I see a few out there but not really sure which one I want to buy. Is there one that particularly stands out as the best...or...are they all about the same and it's basically which one I like the looks of?
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Angel of Protection
    Lillend
    Fawn of Shaila
    then all the rest.

In that order.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Alchemical Experimenter (if you can get one - they're costly due to rarity) is an astonishing little performer, terrific on a GF or GWF. Stick some bonding runestones on him because he procs it a ton due to low cooldowns on his abilities. Also heals allies.

Fawns cast their regen circle in random locations and are less good on classes that can't go stand wherever the fawn decided to put it. Allies can benefit from the circle but the fawn can't direct-heal them. The event where you can earn your own fawn will be back in December.

Angel healing is decent for you, does nothing for allies. Bonus of being very inexpensive for an epic due to high supply and decreased demand as those who want them don't need more than one.

Have never bound a Lillend. I gather they also work for parties.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One thing I've come to appreciate about the Angel of Protection is that her level 30 "power" is simply a passive ability that you take 5% less damage.

The Fawn is nice as well, but he provides more of a big +regen buff than spike/burst healing. He's one of the only companions that can heal other players as well, though.

The Helmite Paladin, if upgraded to level 30, can apply an effect similar to Divine Seal, which causes attacks hitting said enemy to heal the attacker.

Lastly, the Acolyte of Kelemvor, also if upgraded to level 30, heals with one of her buff abilities.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Prietress of Sune : nice % based healing and great deflect buff that gives you 50% extra deflect ( if you have 1000 deflect the buff grants extra 500), were quiet cheap a while ago.

Field Medic : can heal you , your teammates and HIMSELF, almost never die in any dungeon unless you let him get aggro but also the most expensive healer around.

Angel of protection : nice healing and good overall buffs, probably the best choice if you just want to spend around 300k ad

Lillend and acolyte of kelemvor seems to be good supports to but i never bound them

on a personnal note , many people are expecting a hard nerf to life steal so grabing a healer companion now might proof a good move because their prices might just rise insanely
  • Options
    xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Apprentice Healer is the best.

Dat Divinity Sunburst is awesome.

And his voice... ohh man, I love it.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with feild medic being the best healer. There is also the lizardfolk shaman cant remember the exact name, but if upgraded his healing is quite nice too. Also - the original cleric with its 20% hp heal every 15? seconds is pretty good too.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I bought the Acolyte of Kelemvor for my GF not realising she doesn't actually heal you. She just gives you extra Lifesteal based on her lvl and LS rating. Active bonus is nice and she does give 10% damage resistance but I really want an actual healer companion. Does thew Honey Badger not also provide healing through its active bonus?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Angel of Protection is pretty good in my opinion as far as healer companions go. It's also only 350k and the auction house and and an epic companion to start.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Angel of protection does not hold aggro.
    She heals every 6 secs.
    She is rank 30.
    At rank 30 she just gives you 5% DR bonus :).
    She has a power that if you take big hits(i think over 5% of your hp) intercepts half of that damage and then stays in that mode for 10 secs(1 minute icd).

Nothing comes close to Angel .The best healer companion by far.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Angel_of_Protection