test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The great treasure trade event Q

desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So the great treasure trade event states "If you find items like these, trade them to Akromatika@Akromatik!"
Yeeeeeeeeeah, I don't have any idea where he'd be or when he'd be on or why he'd accept a trade from me so I assume by trade you mean mail? And like 1 person could mail 300 by themselves so how is that hard? Did you mean 300 individual people? And the greatest question of all is did the person who wrote the article on this page:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9006673
Actually read it over to see if it made an ounce of sense to the average user? I suspect no.
Post edited by desolator777 on

Comments

• kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So the great treasure trade event states "If you find items like these, trade them to Akromatika@Akromatik!"
    Yeeeeeeeeeah, I don't have any idea where he'd be or when he'd be on or why he'd accept a trade from me so I assume by trade you mean mail? And like 1 person could mail 300 by themselves so how is that hard? Did you mean 300 individual people? And the greatest question of all is did the person who wrote the article on this page:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9006673
    Actually read it over to see if it made an ounce of sense to the average user? I suspect no.

s part of our third round of Season of Dragons goals, we’re challenging the Neverwinter community to find these Treasure-type items and trade them to us! In fact, if we receive 300 Treasure-type items
    it says when they have received 300. Not when they have received 300 from 300 people.

just in case, I sent over 300 myself on the first day.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yea, its only 300 total for the entire event. Akro explained it in pretty good detail on the last live stream.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In fact, if we receive 300 Treasure-type items
    Might they be referring to 300 different treasure-type items? I don't think that there are that many in the game.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I particularly like the "Precious Black Pearl" at 16cp compared to the "Flawed Sapphire" for 6sp.
    ...or the "Gold Inlaid Locket" at 15cp versus the "Common Flower" worth 75cp.

I think after the bottom 4 they simply went, aww...screw it -- RNG.

5Nd8Gm8.png
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like the Bent Fork myself. What a treasure!! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I like the Bent Fork myself. What a treasure!! :)

At least it's priced reasonably -- the others all look like they just picked random amounts no matter what the picture/description contained.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    the others all look like they just picked random amounts no matter what the picture/description contained.

Pretty much.

@thread
    Note that this goal was met and Akro doesn't need any more of your grey treasure junk.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    So people who don't pay won't get anything out of this event.

ok.
    edited November 2014
    You don't technically have to use real money to obtain a lockbox mount that you could trade for a different one, just AD.

In my view, the big limitation is it's an event aimed at people who are able to log in immediately to trade with Akro when word goes out that he's online, although I know he tries to get on at varying times.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My favorite grey treasure item is the Cloth of Gold Vestments my HR got in the tutorial area that's worth 1 gold, 17 silver, 66 copper. Which is both a really random amount and the highest I've ever seen on treasure. Apparently these are some REALLY snazzy vestments. XD

Other favorites include:

1' Pole
    50" of Rope
    Black Star Sapphire (Found in tutorial area by a lowbie Drow DC named after a Vhaeraunite pen and paper Cleric of mine, the discovery of black star sapphires are one of the ways Vhaeraun is said to signal his approval.)
    Set of Dice
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited November 2014
    Very snazzy vestments. That one must be really rare.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Bag of Holes has to be the best "prank" item. Even the devs add to the prank by putting this "treasure" under the "Bags" category, making people believe it is an actual functioning bag.
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The Bag of Holes has to be the best "prank" item. Even the devs add to the prank by putting this "treasure" under the "Bags" category, making people believe it is an actual functioning bag.

It would be nice if, for example, somebody puts a Perfect Vorpal in that bag of holes and it drops on the ground for everyone to pick.

Now that would be hilarious !