test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is Linu La'neral so tall?

iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed that Linu was a full forehead taller than my maximum height human GWF. In NWN she was pretty average height for an elf (of course, height wasn't able to be changed in that game.) I actually still have the game guide to go with NWN. Just kind of creepy to see a 7 foot female elf, hopefully it's something that can be fixed similar to the Foundry with a quick slider adjustment.
"I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
Post edited by iandarksword on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why is Traven Blackdagger a giant? Why are the green cultists taller than the male ones? Why are Orc small? Why do Erinyes devils look nothing like they should(well least the Belial ones).

So many whys....
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Elves in the Realms are generally a few inches taller than elves in other D&D Settings and far taller than folklore elves. Sun Elves are generally the tallest of the elven species and can be taller than humans.

As for the size of mobs, this is intended for them to stand out. They stated this was done on purpose back in Alpha/Beta to give a more epic feel when fighting tougher mobs. So, generally, the tougher the mob, the larger they will be compared to similar weaker mobs or other weaker mobs in their group.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can see Karzov, but Traven makes HIM look like a midget!

And Quorthon is a midget too.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a 4 foot 5 inch tall half silver dragon elvish-mutt everyone looks tall to me except gnomes, dwarves, and halflings! I'm a runt.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Elves in the Realms are generally a few inches taller than elves in other D&D Settings and far taller than folklore elves. Sun Elves are generally the tallest of the elven species and can be taller than humans.

Yes, but I have a Male Human GWF at the maximum height the sliders would allow (which is anyone's guess as they don't specify how tall the slider allows.) At his shortest maximum that's 6'2" at his tallest he might be 6'7" by estimate. That makes Linu the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of elves.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Elves can be tall too!
    Too me that rpg is setting weird where the elves are short and orcs are troll sized like in that other popular mmo...!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my guess is that they made her so tall so its easier to find her in a crowd of players
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's the realms -- who knows. Try comparing the powrie companion to any of the powries in Sharandar. The companion had to have been on the powrie volleyball squad!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only hate that the dragonborn general in pe is, like a meter taller than any of the players dragonborn, way to give us midgets cryptic. thank you...
  • Options
    tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    She dwarfs both my max-sized Dragonborn and Half-Orc lol. (All sliders put at maximum)

How's this even possible?

Is this WAI or did they make an error with her height?
  • Options
    stormturmoilstormturmoil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Knowing Linu it's probably part of her general Jinx.

"I tried not to stand out, I tried so Hard not to attract attention..."
    "Linu, You're seven feet tall"
    "Yes...no doubt somebody finds this terribly droll..."