test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a guild!

gweekuongweekuon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Just looking for people who enjoy doing events together and experienced people I can ask questions because I'm still terrible at the game >.>
Devoted Cleric , level 48 , Kuon@gweekuon . I'll be online for 4 hours so just send me an invite or a message if I'm off . Please don't ask me to fill in anymore applications , like I know these are important and stuff but I've been filling them in since I started Neverwinter .... and well I'm not in a guild yet . I just want to stay somewhere forever and make it my second home LOL
Post edited by gweekuon on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gweekuon wrote: »
    Please don't ask me to fill in anymore applications , like I know these are important and stuff but I've been filling them in since I started Neverwinter .... and well I'm not in a guild yet . I just want to stay somewhere forever and make it my second home LOL

Oh wow can I sympathize with this. If I'm joining a guild, its to PLAY. I'm not interested in getting hired, I'm not looking for a job, or to have my play treated as one. Don't make people fill out applications, don't make them register or join some silly web forum so they can post once and ignore it forever. If you want to get to know your potential guildies...PLAY WITH THEM.

I know I'm so tired of it, I've totally given up on it. I wont post in your silly website, that might get 2 to 3 posts per week. I will not fill out an application that will be looked at once and ignored. I am more then willing to adventure with you, or even *gasp* interact with people in game and talk to them about the guild. But I'm not going to jump through hoops, post info into the blind...especially after already posting stuff here, just to be approved by someone I've never even met.

Anyhow, sorry had to vent. Good luck Gweekuon, much sympathy towards you and your quest.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My guild has an application form. It's not to assess your gear, your level of skill, or your commitment to play every day at certain hours. It asks for no personal information, unless you consider giving out your in-game name so we can send an invitation invasive. It's very brief, but it functions to filter out trolls and thieves who won't even go so far as to fill that out after messaging me in-game to "invite guild plz", and to get people to sign off on what is essentially a (mild) code of conduct.

I recognize that we are a special case, since we need to know right off the bat that anyone joining isn't going to have a personal issue with the majority of our membership. If that puts off the occasional person who point-blank doesn't want to even look at the form before refusing to fill it out (and it has), then I wish them well in finding somewhere that is a better fit for them.

Yes, your application will be looked at once, approved 99% of the time, and probably not looked at again unless I am worried about you for some reason. Because its sole function is to give us a record that you are a human being with good intentions. Once you're in the guild, we likely have ongoing proof of that, but we have to require the few minutes of formality first, to head off potential problems.

Anyway, I saw that gweekuon has found a guild, so it's all good.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, your application will be looked at once, approved 99% of the time, and probably not looked at again unless I am worried about you for some reason. Because its sole function is to give us a record that you are a human being with good intentions. Once you're in the guild, we likely have ongoing proof of that, but we have to require the few minutes of formality first, to head off potential problems.

What advantages does an app offer over meeting, interacting, and playing with a player in game? I have no issue with a little formality, or even having certain standards. I'm simply opposed to the faceless interactivity of an application over actual interaction.

Ive yet to have any guild offer me a decent reason why apps are superior, other then its easier for them.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's often easier for applicants as well, because they find us via Google, apply, and they get approved and invited usually within a day. It beats somebody on Eurotime trying to hook up with someone in-game who plays west coast evenings. We're really tiny and don't always have someone on.

I don't know that it's "superior". The point has nothing to do with getting to know someone in advance to any great extent. They can optionally add extra info if they want, but it's six questions (plus the optional one), most of which can be answered in one word. To summarize:
    How did you find us?
    Why did you choose us?
    Are you going to be cool with most of our members being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
    Will you play like an upstanding citizen?
    Will you keep your chat (relatively) clean?
    Who are you in-game so we can invite you?
    Anything else you want us to know?

That's the gist of it anyway. We're really not trying to keep anyone out except those who'd have an issue based on question 3, and I will cop to not particularly wanting to waste time or SAN points on dealing with such... disconnects of interests.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gweekuongweekuon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a guild? xD Well I'm still solo for now since I haven't received any invites hahaha ......... hahaha............... haha............ On the bright side, I'm now level 54
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Oh wow can I sympathize with this. If I'm joining a guild, its to PLAY. I'm not interested in getting hired, I'm not looking for a job, or to have my play treated as one. Don't make people fill out applications, don't make them register or join some silly web forum so they can post once and ignore it forever. If you want to get to know your potential guildies...PLAY WITH THEM.

I think guilds' primary reason is to play with people. I understand some of the gear requirements because activities such as PVP or high end PVE farming has a lot to do with your gear.

I think though that a lot of the guilds with weird application processes are kinda funny to me. There are a couple of guilds here with applications that are more obscure than actual job interviews and I am amused by that. They claim they want to see if "you are a fit". I just sit back and smile.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey there!

No application form for our guild, take a look and see if it sounds interesting to you...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?690691-Win-or-Loose-We-Booze-PvE-PvP-Friendly!

If not, no worries, keep rocking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif