test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.35.20141104a.11

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Classes and Balance
• Devoted Cleric: Astral Fury: Now correctly improves damage when ranks are purchased.
• Devoted Cleric: Break the Spirit: No longer incorrectly increased damage by more than expected in some cases.
• Devoted Cleric: Forgemaster's Flame: No longer incorrectly increased damage by more than expected in some cases.
• Trickster Rogue: Shadow of Demise: This feat can no longer stack on the same target multiple times.

Content and Environment
• Tiamat's Bane Achievment: Fixed a case where the "Tiamat's Bane" achievement was being granted incorrectly. This heroic deed will now only be recognized after successfully defeating Tiamat.
• Well of Dragons: Cover of Night Heroic Encounter: Rojadio the Invincible was living up to his name a little too much. He now properly becomes vulnerable when Sandesyl shows up to strip him of his magical protections.
• Well of Dragons: Dragons should now properly retreat if their Heroic Encounter timer runs out, instead of suddenly vanishing in a puff of logic.
• Well of Dragons: Fixed an issue where the dragon encounters could erroneously despawn if certain conditions were met.
• Well of Dragons: The weekly quest, "Reclaiming the Hoard," can now be received on day one, after completing the quest "Factional Assets." Previously, it could only be taken after completing "An Extended Rest," the following day.

Items and Economy
• Crucibles awarded from the Nine Hells lockbox can now be opened to grant the appropriate version of that item instead of one that does not work for both Jewelcrafting and Alchemy. Any new Crucibles gained will be the correct version.
• Ring of the Dragonslayer properly scales with your level again.
• Token of Chromatic Storm from the Nine Hells lockbox is now BoE. If you received one before 11/20 and need an unbound version, please contact customer support.

User Interface
• The PvP campaign will once again display your correct campaign progress.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Good job!.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice batch of fixes , good job old chap!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Very good fixes, thanks!
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Excellent fixes. No more "WHO KILLED THE @!#%&* RED DRAGON?!" ? That's why Rojadio was literally invincible! He draws extra power from cursing in Zone Chat. Tiamat loves it when an entire map can get trolled by a few Red killers lol!
  • Options
    andikttnandikttn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please increase drop rate of the dragon coffers. Also a fix for 5th sharandar boon "fey thistle" keeps toon in combat stance.
    51zWV8f.png
    ńèЪùŁâ 70 acDC
    Nubula, Scrubula, Nutella, Ebola
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I see nothing about the missing guild mail tab. Is this going to be fixed? I really need to send out a guild mail.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rikudouwilkerrikudouwilker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback : change the damage from Shadow of Demise for Poison Damage and leave SoD stack again please :(
    this Piercing damage that was f*****g all.
  • Options
    thisisbakabakanothisisbakabakano Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just a suggestion but please take a consideration PVP's a little bit boring everybody dies too fast or any class can kill too fast. It makes everyone look like OP i have all class GWF SW TR DC CW HR GF theyre killing everyone too fast and im getting killed too fast, how about multiplying all players HP by X3 so theres a thrill in fighting someone, you dont die easily you play much more tactical, much more fun to play, much more people attracted to play PVP, and ofcourse less whining "The GWF's too OP the CW's too OP the TR's too OP". take into consideration please a simple code to multiply players HP (only on PVP), makes a lot of change to the game and makes it better for everyone. That's all thanks :)
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good job,especialy thx for the red advisor fix.
  • Options
    kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    andikttn wrote: »
    Please increase drop rate of the dragon coffers. Also a fix for 5th sharandar boon "fey thistle" keeps toon in combat stance.

PLease do NOT increase drop rate!

If i ( casual player ) can get 5 lockboxes in 1,5 hour there is a good drop rate imo.
  • Options
    kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This can easily be done by chagning PvP armor, make it so that dmg will be mitigated in some sort of way instead of changing too much.
    For example in PvP matches you have a standard 30% dmg mitigation which can be increased with gear.
  • Options
    bricman1712bricman1712 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just a suggestion but please take a consideration PVP's a little bit boring everybody dies too fast or any class can kill too fast. It makes everyone look like OP i have all class GWF SW TR DC CW HR GF theyre killing everyone too fast and im getting killed too fast, how about multiplying all players HP by X3 so theres a thrill in fighting someone, you dont die easily you play much more tactical, much more fun to play, much more people attracted to play PVP, and ofcourse less whining "The GWF's too OP the CW's too OP the TR's too OP". take into consideration please a simple code to multiply players HP (only on PVP), makes a lot of change to the game and makes it better for everyone. That's all thanks :)

I agree with you, but i thing will be better just reduce damage output for 50%
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadow of demise is broken in preview and not working as supposed.
    all classes have 1% deflect from dex instead of just TRs
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    :) thank you! dragon coffers take a little long to farm! but i guess its not that bad. people are getting them!
  • Options
    vaison5vaison5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The coffers drop is fine IMO. I've gotten over 40 in the first day and a half. Most of those are from the dragon circuit. Perhaps the patch will change the ability to get 5 dragons every hour and the drop rate will decrease. But, I will have next week's 25 by the end of today.

My question about the DC fix.
    Devoted Cleric Astral Fury: Now correctly improves damage when ranks are purchased.

What do you mean by "when ranks are purchased"?
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vaison5 wrote: »
    My question about the DC fix.

What do you mean by "when ranks are purchased"?

hi, by this, i understood when u get rank 2 and 3, the base damage didnt increase much at all...
  • Options
    realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please fix SW's feat "murderous flame", its buggy from beginning even before creeping death's bug.
    it say "Killing Flames deals 30% of its dmg to foes within 20 feet of the primary target.This damage is split equally among the affected targets.If there are no other targets the primary target takes all the dmg", but when u use enchant with elemental dmg such as Terror/lightning/Plague fire etc, murderous flame recognize that enchant's dmg instead original killing flame's dmg. it makes all weapon enchant useless except vorpal(vorpal have no elemental dmg) when u use killing flame.

*here the log
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 57 (55) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 16 Fire Damage to Target Dummy. ~~~~~Murderous Flame recognize plague fire enchant's dmg as killing flame's dmg~~~~~

[Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 16 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Executioner's Gift deals 1 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Executioner's Gift deals 1 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Killing Flames deals 5288 (5134) Fire Damage to Target Dummy. ~~~~~and here the original killing flame's dmg~~~~~

[Combat (Self)] Your Executioner's Gift deals 10 (10) Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 3 (2) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 20 (20) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Shadowtouched deals 250 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 3 (2) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 20 (20) Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Creeping Death deals 3 (2) Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Creeping Death deals 2 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Hellfire deals 2000 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

Please fix this bug, its the first bug since sw launch.
    Thx
  • Options
    miaskydustmiaskydust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dps in CW is bad now and also defense seems not to apply properly .
    No idea what you guys did but CW is messed up now , please

And also increase drop rate for resonance stones or decrease amount that needs to be refined , nobody likes a cheapskate
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    realmdie wrote: »
    Please fix SW's feat "murderous flame", its buggy from beginning even before creeping death's bug.
    it say "Killing Flames deals 30% of its dmg to foes within 20 feet of the primary target.This damage is split equally among the affected targets.If there are no other targets the primary target takes all the dmg", but when u use enchant with elemental dmg such as Terror/lightning/Plague fire etc, murderous flame recognize that enchant's dmg instead original killing flame's dmg. it makes all weapon enchant useless except vorpal(vorpal have no elemental dmg) when u use killing flame.

*i'll update this post with log after maintenance finished

Thx

Nice catch.

THANKS DEVS!!! THANKS EVERYONE WHO REPORTED BUGS!!!!!

I can't wait for servers to be up again!

This is the most fun I had on neverwinter since day 1!

(Is about to throw money at neverwinter)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMFO6S6ugE
    Thanks again everyone who made this update happen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please increase the drop rate on the dragon coffers, but as a balance only allow them to drop when the quest is active in the journal. Also allows for no stock piling of coffers prior to the next weekly quest being available.
  • Options
    tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i was about to finish pvp campaing , 37/40 triple kills, when i logged it was 1/40. Ty for fix :D
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    TR executioner feedback

On live SoD doesnt count any damage within 6 seconds after activating SoD.
    Instead it deals only 50% damage of first strike that activated this feat.
    eg. you hit with stealthed CoS for 1000dmg, after 6s target will receive 500dmg extra from SoD,
    no matter how hard you hit this targed during 6s when SoD is active.

Please fix it as fast as you 'fixed' SoD before.
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "...instead of disappearing in a puff of logic."

Truth time: you guys let that one slide when it went live - just for a bit - to set up the Douglas Adams reference, didn't you? :P

Jokes aside, thank you folks for addressing those issues.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    place222place222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    izwor wrote: »
    TR executioner feedback

On preview SoD doesnt count any damage within 6 seconds after activating SoD.
    Instead it deals only 50% damage of first strike that activated this feat.
    eg. you hit with stealthed CoS for 1000dmg, after 6s target will receive 500dmg extra from SoD,
    no matter how hard you hit this targed during 6s when SoD is active.

Please fix it as fast as you 'fixed' SoD before.

+10000000
    SoD now feeling like in HELL, really BROKEN at all !
  • Options
    madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    only i have Unable to authenticate?
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same story here, I think servers are still down.
This discussion has been closed.