test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod5: Which paragon/tree are you switching now?

kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Temple
I was a AC debuffer and healer don't really care for dps on my DC.

What to do after feat reset?
What paragon/tree worth to chose for giving buff/heal/survivability?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just want to kill, maim, burn, pillage, loot.... so I chose the path Righteousness laul.
  • Options
    arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Righteous DO also. I heal and buff others fairly decently and dps better to boot. DPS tree is also the only tree where each healing spell works as the original wording explains it. Capstones of the other 2 change some of them. I got frustrated with the changes done to some of the healing spells under Virtuous or Faithful. Healing with the DPS tree hasn't changed much from Mod 4 so all the tricks I would use then still work.

My load-out has changed somewhat but I think it's better. Healing load-out now is Divine Glow, Sunburst (used in blue mode ONLY, never normal or empowered) and Bastion of Health. If I'm on a board where party members are all dispersed and fighting over huge stretches of area (like MC) then I'd switch out Sunburst for something like Healing Word or Searing Light.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It never ceases to puzzle me why would anybody go for healing.

Of course I am righteous. I was planning to be a DO, but since they only gave us feat respec, I'm still AC, and after 1 day of playing I am seriously considering keeping my build.
    True, BoB without the feat is not that cool anymore, but class features of AC are still better. And I simply like Anointed Army.
    But then, DO has BotS.... I'm not sure, maybe I'll respec afterall.
  • Options
    amunguspamungusp Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I went Virtuous and it works quite well. There is a lot of clicking and shifting divinity on and off now. The devs have succeded in making us work for the healing now. I enjoy it :-)

Edit: Ohh and I am DO, forgot to say
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Righteous AC.

Got survivability, can buff, can debuff, can pewpew in both pvp and pve.

And can kill everything except people outgearing me by 5k or HRs.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Righteous DO.

Killing things fast now. Can solo IWD no problems now. Since healing is no longer wanted/needed. I am happy with my DO Righteoous DC.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I always was Righteous DO, so nothing changed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am virtuous DO. In pvp i rock, i can even survive 1 rogue attacking me. I was always forward a tanky/ debuffer/ healer cleric. and im doing it very well.
  • Options
    teekohpek00teekohpek00 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Righteous DO.

Still having lotsa problems with perma TRs in pvp. There are more TRs in 5v5 pvp now that mod 5 is released. Teams with 2 or more TRs usually wins the pvp match. Totally hate that!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only play PVE so it's Divine Oracle Righteoous DC. Astral Shield, Divine Glow, Chains/Break The Spirit, Brand Of The Sun ftw.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd love to see what y'all are using for a Righteous DO build (especially feats, boons), as well as what powers you're slotting for solo PVE (i.e., grinding the module) and group PVE (dungeons & skirmishes).
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    I'd love to see what y'all are using for a Righteous DO build (especially feats, boons), as well as what powers you're slotting for solo PVE (i.e., grinding the module) and group PVE (dungeons & skirmishes).

Seems to be simple enough. Brand of the Sun is no brainer because of Bear Your Sins, and the Brand's feat is on the right tree... Basically, you put all feats into righteous, it's simply impossible to mess it. Divine Glow is even more a must now, and it's basically the best power to use in divine mode (well, ok, in most cases), and then empowered daunting light.... 3rd encounter can be whatever you like, there is a chance you won't be using it much often since gathering divinity and casting in divine mode will take all time between cooldowns. In my case it may be so because I need to get used to it tho.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    Seems to be simple enough. Brand of the Sun is no brainer because of Bear Your Sins, and the Brand's feat is on the right tree...
    I may just pass on those feats and get benefit of foresight and run astral seal/lance for parties.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I always was Righteous DO, so nothing changed.

Avatar of the Divine plain rocks. Also: Tab Divinity on, fire three Forgemaster Flames on a Dragon Cult Golem e.g., Tab Divinity off and let a fourth rain down... ...it'll burn to death with nothing else done.

I'm loving it.

Has become a completely different char to play, but I like that very so much. Got - with standard PvE gear - 4 kills in GG PvP :^)

And that FF & ASh don't heal any more... ...well, nor freeloader heals for you any more, dear party members. Sorry, folks, the patch ate my healing... ...so hit the Astral Seal tagged baddies yourself and enjoy green plusses.

Debuffing is just plain awesome, Condemned rocks even the fattish aircraft carriers, erm, dragons, and I really enjoy the change.

And Sun Burst... ...somehow plays like the good old D2-LoD cow-run Nova Sorc. :^)
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 2 DCs. One is a Righteous DO (was before Mod5 too) and the other is a Righteous AC (was Faithful before). I only PVE and use virtually the same setup on both. At-wills Sacred Flame and Astral Seal Encounters: Chains (DO)Sunburst (AC), Divine Glow, Daunting Light Dailies Flamestrike Hallowed Ground. it is so fun setting off 3 divine Daunting Lights then the empowered one. Not much survives after that. Even before most of my healing was being done with my at-wills so really there was not a lot of change for me. My main is wearing High Prophet and my second is wearing Miracle Healer.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    docsc00ter wrote: »

I too am rather confused about what to do with my DC. Any tips would be helpful.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I may just pass on those feats and get benefit of foresight and run astral seal/lance for parties.

I've never felt the feat for BotS offered enough to make it better than Benefit of Foresight, so I'm still running a split spec.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia