test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adventures on roofs of protectors enclave

nimbiss344nimbiss344 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Since I reached level 60 was feeling little bored so decided to see how far up I could get in protectors enclave with wall climbing..

here are a few screenshots, I also found one major hole allowing access to outside of area without player getting killed.

rooftop.jpg

rooftop2.jpg

rooftop3.jpg

rooftop4.jpg
Post edited by nimbiss344 on

Comments

• nimbiss344nimbiss344 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rooftop6.jpg

rooftop7.jpg

rooftop8.jpg

chamber.jpg
    edited November 2014
    chamber2.jpg

outsidetheworld.jpg
    edited November 2014
    I did not know it was not allowed go up on places :( and I was not trying to exploit anything was just looking around PE..

I had not seen anything about rules that barred players from looking around a map if there is such a rule I will not do it any more.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    How on earth did you manage to complete a heroic event in PE?
    edited November 2014
    I never claimed my prize from last night when I played in the never death graveyard I still need to clear out space in my inventory to get my reward.

now I am worried I am going to get in trouble because i was just looking around the main map :(
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nimbiss344 wrote: »
    I did not know it was not allowed go up on places :( and I was not trying to exploit anything was just looking around PE..

I had not seen anything about rules that barred players from looking around a map if there is such a rule I will not do it any more.

There's not. Parcour is not a crime.
    edited November 2014
    well am I going to get into trouble? the one user here said he reported me :( I was not exploiting anything I was just ledge hoping around looking around the map.
    edited November 2014
    exploiting would indicate trying to to exploit something to gain advantage or some such, I was doing none of that just looking around while waiting for a friend to show up to go do a quest.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    exploiting would indicate trying to to exploit something to gain advantage or some such, I was doing none of that just looking around while waiting for a friend to show up to go do a quest.

The only thing in the terms about exploiting would require you to gain an advantage over another player.

Trust me, you're fine.
    edited November 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    The only thing in the terms about exploiting would require you to gain an advantage over another player.

Trust me, you're fine.

Ok was a bit worried I have always played by the rules and been a good NWO player so was bit worried that my pictures might have just gotten my account in trouble :)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well am I going to get into trouble? the one user here said he reported me :( I was not exploiting anything I was just ledge hoping around looking around the map.

No they're full of horse manure.
    You can do the same thing without even moving you're character by simply using the demo recording function built into the game. You can freely move the camera around anywhere you want.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    How on earth did you manage to complete a heroic event in PE?

You don't *have* to open them right away, you know?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All of these were taken quite a while ago. Some "Parkour" in different maps such as Enclave, Black Lake, Gauntlgrym, etc.

33 pictures in there, so I'll only put a few here. http://imgur.com/xDraykenPics

OWfk9f9.jpg
    FNsoWEa.jpg
    g4N43Kq.jpg
    NWWNAuG.jpg

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    People, just be sure to add a smiley face or something when being sarcastic - out of being a decent human being.

Sarcasm is much harder to detect in writing than in-person.

If you truly enjoy making people really think they are in trouble when they are not, I'd rather not associate with you - dealt with that way too much growing up. I just punch people very hard in the arm now, if in-person. Ain't nobody got time for that! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's funny - being reported for a FORUM discretion for bogus in-game discretion, which isn't. LOL

BTW: Parkour is championed by the Devs: case-in-point: there were more Jack-O-Lanterns on rooftops than you could shake a stick at during the "Harvest" event: and most were never being claimed by players (I predict they just didn't even know they were there as they frantically compete for the ones on the ground) - one example: the rooftop of the Auctioneer's tent.

Hey OP: You go right on ahead and find every rooftop you can find. As for looking down on the peasants: you do it; you're not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ant peasant. You are a member of the 1%! A Member of Neverwinter Heroes (like every single other player)! LOL
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those are the only places you've found? LOL, you need to spend more pointless time climbing around then! I won't tell you where, or how, but.... see if you can find the stairway to heaven. If you find it, you'll know what I mean. I shall say no more on the subject.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have gotten on to several roof tops in PE and had a good look around. I have some screen shots somewhere.

I got to that place where you are where you can look down into the Secret Garden, but my mount could not jump that far. I think doing that WOULD count as an exploit of the environment. Sadly, only one of my characters actually has a key.

But don't worry about that unpleasant Under-Bridge Dweller and enemy of Billy Goat's Gruff. He's been reported himself.

:)
    edited November 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Those are the only places you've found? LOL, you need to spend more pointless time climbing around then! I won't tell you where, or how, but.... see if you can find the stairway to heaven. If you find it, you'll know what I mean. I shall say no more on the subject.

Up until now I mainly had been playing doing the quests and leveling up but since I reached level 60 I have had more time to actually look at the maps and enjoy the environment more esp when waiting for my one friend I play with to get online..
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    refracted0dawn has apparently ascended the stairway :)
    I'm in the same boat though, already unlocked the garden so I hardly need to jump into it from the top of Mount Olympus...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That reminds me, they actually introduced scrolls to teleport you to the garden, same price as the teleport to PE ones. I have no idea if they show up in the shop for characters without it unlocked. I never looked on the one disposable that doesn't have a key.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    A rogue can get to any place with NPCs by using deft strike.

Makes it easier to reach some places.