test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please no more prepatching

shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic guys,

Just 1 simple request: please... please don't ever do this again.
We know that you tried for the greater good but this is ridiculous: no possibility to just play normally.
Constant 'updating' of the launcher (no chance to cancel it - the launcher just hangs on), constant disconnects throughout the play, occasional lags leading to absolute impossibility to go on with the open session (periodically 1 min of Server disconnect vs 10s of online resulting in the necessity to engage the launcher again and start anew.. :( )

It'd be much much more decent and fare and OK in general just to let everyone upload the M5 whole as it appears. Let it be 1H of download - we will manage, we'll accept it, all right... Honestly, it's much much better this way that a week of this, sorry, idiocy of a game when you can't even do normally the things you did perfectly well just 5 days ago.

And you put the marvelous Respen game on top of this mess :(

Why, why couldn't it wait a bit? Believe me, we can manage a couple of weeks without a new/old events. But what is really depressing is the instability of the game itself. So, please do listen to this outcry.
Post edited by shadevp on

Comments

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    You can disable it m8ym8.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know this tiny little "X" in the corner? ...

Also - you DO know that "pre-patching" does not happen (or even start) until AFTER you have logged out of and quit the Game Client, right? It does not happen while you are logged into and playing any of your characters. It only starts the process AFTER you quit the game - and it is totally optional.

So I reiterate about the Launcher: You know this tiny little "X" in the corner? ...
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it would be indeed optional it'd be OK but the point is that when I totally quit and try to launch the launcher it takes like 5 to 10 mins just to get to the enter creds form.. and then 5 more mins to get to the Play button. And no possibility to control this, to disagree or anything.

And this is not the only problem - once you are online in the game you can play for some time but then it can just freeze or kick you out forcing to start anew.

And as to your smart advice about the X - just take a look at the beginning of this post.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To the 2 posters above (after the OP)...you DO understand that while you can close YOUR launcher and chose not to do the download on YOUR client, the other 10000 people are still downloading and probably what is most likely causing the lag he is talking about?

Naa, easier to just be snide.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    This basically. It sounds like OP has some connection or computer issues, but I don't see how the pre-mod patching would affect things unless OP is dual-clienting the game. But even then it can be cancelled. At least on my screen.

I do not have connection issues because of 2 things. 1st - it was absolutely perfect before they started it (strictly speaking it started exactly 3-4 days ago (when they introduced the timer logo on the laucher) ... maybe it is rooted in the Saturday attack - I don't know). 2nd - I have absolutely no issues with other games at the moment.

As for cancelling - it IS possible to close the launcher but then, in order to start the game you'll need to run the launcher again and this is a vicious circle.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Prepatching shouldn't affect your gameplay at all , it doesn't start until after you close the game client , where are you playing from? some people in central Europe are saying they are suffering bad lag and disconnecting issues , do you have patching on demand turned off? that causes your game to patch while you are playing but it isn't anything to do with the prepatching.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    If you're having technical issues, please contact Support. Pre-patching has happened since the first Module and is nothing new. There's even a sticky made every time, just like this time.

As for cancelling - it IS possible to close the launcher but then, in order to start the game you'll need to run the launcher again and this is a vicious circle.

Which is what would need to happen when one closes the game anyway and wants to play again later.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.