test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on artifact weapon and belt tokens with the new content coming?

ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
Well, since some of us have gotten our weapons to legendary or near legendary, and now new and in some ways better artifact weapons are coming out? Are we getting the 1 for 1 trade tokens? Has anything been said about that or not?

To spend months and tons of AD/Zen to get your artifact weapon up in level and then get something that would fit your playstyle better come out? That is just wrong.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah... not happening.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, if it doesnt happen. I'll be more then happy to take my card over to the people running Rift.
  • brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    Well it looks like artifact equipment is worth 1/5 of the total RP and its worth double when put into the same type of equipment so you could wait till a double RP event to change to a new artifact weapon where you will get 4/5 of the refinement done with your old weapon which would lighten the blow of not being able to swap them 1:1. Although I agree with you, I think its completely illogical not to allow players to swap their old weapons for the new ones.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So every time a new set of gear comes out, you guys expect to just be able to trade up?

That's not how these things work :(
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So every time a new set of gear comes out, you guys expect to just be able to trade up?

Now if we're talking a lower to a higher level of gear yet. But putting out new gear that's the same level as the old gear and then expecting you to spend a buttload of time and AD in leveling that up if just underhanded. I feel shafted by the devs for doing this to us. Honestly, if the new weapons were a higher tier, then fine. So what happens 6 months down the line. A new set of offhanded gear comes out that is the same tier as what we have now, but boosts something that would suit our playstyle comes out again?

No, I wont have it. If that's their plan then they can count me out. I also think it's underhanded that they didnt make this obvious at the beginning. This is nothing but poor insight and planning on the developers part. This is bad form.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally as a CW I'm keeping my int belt , I prefer it over the +2 INT/+2 CHA of the Black ice belt , even with the black ice set bonus , I do hope they vastly improve the RP payback from artifact gear though , right now on live the amount you get back from a legendary item is pathetic.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Personally as a CW I'm keeping my int belt , I prefer it over the +2 INT/+2 CHA of the Black ice belt , even with the black ice set bonus , I do hope they vastly improve the RP payback from artifact gear though , right now on live the amount you get back from a legendary item is pathetic.

Well, if I remember right the stats were higher on the new belts. Equal if not a little better then the best you can get with what you have now. But outcry caused some changes in it. Honestly they should be adding set bonuses to the belts that are already out there now. Once again this reeks of poor planning and implementation. And before people get all high and mighty about it, yes. I am the consumer here. I have every right to complain if I dont like it.

A wise dev from a different MMO that Cryptic was attached to once told me that it's a good thing if the playerbase gets angry and vents about changes made in the game, that means they care enough to at least say something about it.

None of us want to see this game go down the tubes. But I feel the direction that things are being taken now is 100% the wrong one. It will not make them more money in the long run, it will not get new players in the game and it will not keep the players here playing.

Cant make it much clearer then that...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    Well, if I remember right the stats were higher on the new belts.

At first when they were announced they had +3 int and + 2 wis which would have probably made the new belt better if you include the set bonus but the system designer reworked them so they only have +2int +2 cha now so it probably comes down to personal preference now , the full stats on each belt at legendary are -

Owlbear belt - +4 INT , 458 Power , 298 Crit strike , 298 Recovery

Black ice belt - +2 INT +2 CHA , 458 Power , 298 Crit strike , 298 Armor pen

both have a utility and defense slot .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Somewhat agreed, but the rp match value is abysmally low. If you can get a high return on matching artifacts, why not artifact equipment? I mean if they truly wanted you to constantly be refining them over time it only makes sense to be able to carry on most of your progress otherwise the system is flawed in more than one way.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trade tokens? What?

Cant believe what i am reading... The new Stuff is not better per se - it just has different stat allocation. But even if that wouldnt be the case you could just stop playing or upgrading now - because you can be sure that there will be better equipment pieces in mod 7.

Have fun playing rift
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Different is good. It does not have to be better. Just different. Choices. One or the other. Not necessarily 'vendor the older gear because it is now trash'.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The new artifact weapons are only "better" if your primary at-will is one from your paragon, under which circumstances I would not have been in an all-fired hurry to legendarize a different weapon anyway.

As far as the amount of stats and enchant slots you'd get from them goes, they're the same.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you like the set bonuses, they're worthwhile. If not, pass. I find artifact jewelry stats a confused mish-mash. In general stats don't match up with classes that'll maximize their set bonuses.

Since I'm not wild about the stats and since artifact gear doesn't give enough RPs when refined, I won't bother acquiring/levelling artifact belts/necks. They're simply not worthwhile investments. I'll stick with 2-slot jewelry. At least they'll still be useful in subsequent modules.