test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that Mod5 is comming...

tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Im wondering how many people actually bother to farm the last 2 boons on Mod4 campaign. I know for sure that after ive unlock LoL and ToS ive stoped doing any daily and it was the same for most of my friends, but I dont know if im lazy and got lazy friends or this was the usual. On 8 more days we will get a new mod and in order to get any new boon u need to have the previous ones, but even knowing that i dont even try to make those dailies as i find them boring and pointless (I was hopping to get at least one book from ToS or LoL but logically that didnt happen). I will unlock for sure Tiamat battle when next mod arrive and i will try to get me the new Templar set that it looks has ton of stats, but im not planing on farming any other boon. Im the only one who is planing something like that? planning to skip a big part of next mod before its even launched?

I will make a poll to see how many people has completed the current mod.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The book drops are supposed to be increased in Mod 5. Until we see how that shakes out, no point in going all-out trying to get it done before.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sold 4 tomes I think that I farmed, have enough for another 2 for boon 4 and 5 but am unsure what to do about it.
  • Options
    wolfzzzzwolfzzzz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have no plans to get the last 2 boons. Just too much grind. The supposed drop rate increases we saw on ToD items was so small as to be utterly meaningless. If the drop rate increase of the books in Mod5 follows suit then I will still not be going for either the last 2 Mod 4 boons or the Mod 5 ones. If the drop rate increase is meaningful, then I may reconsider.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes I got the two boons , the two empty boons just annoyed me too much .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nobody got their books....
    they insta-sell in AH

liars!
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did dailies on 2 chars for half a mod each day. Was HORRIBLE. Made me hate the game.

I didn't touch a single ToD daily after I got the boons. When I think about dailies I get sick to my stomach and feel like puking, so I'm really worried about next mod.
  • Options
    emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nope. Too much grinding involved - and i don't mind grinding and dailies IF there's a decent drop chance, but the amount involved in those last boons is just unreasonable and, worse, unrewarding given most of them are pretty unremarkable.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The appauling drop rates are an insult. I have no plan to grind until my fingers bleed for either an effective 0% chance of a drop pr the number of mats required. For me, its just not worth it.
    I'll be interested to see the "increased drop rates" that are billed for the next module.
    My cinical side asks why they havent increased the drop rates now?, why havent they increased the drop rates in IWD?, are they going to take advantage of player frustration with another zen linked "offer"?
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I see my future being only invoking and leadership tasks if the planned increase in drop rates is not impressive enough. Coupled with the proposed RP change, its not looking very optimistic though :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    sold 4 tomes i think that i farmed, have enough for another 2 for boon 4 and 5 but am unsure what to do about it.

i hate you!!!!! been doing elol everyday and i am yet to see anything good...
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I farmed 30 sigils, then spent them on Infernal boots and gloves. End of story.

As far as I'm concerned, the 2 boons don't exist.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You need another option or two. I saved up sigils and secrets to get one book from the merchant and bought the other two books off the AH, I already have 100 of each to vendor another book with Mod 5, nut I am currently planning to retire my alt armies due to excessive grinding needed to continue them past Mod 3,
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    i hate you!!!!! been doing elol everyday and i am yet to see anything good...

Farmed from dailies on 2 toons, 5 areas a day. Probably still a waste of time since that 1 hour a day or so could net me more, but it's the only thing left to do. I mostly ignored elol and esot and due to everyones response to the drop rate, it seems like I made the right decision. Basically you can unhate me now :P
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I didn't touch a single ToD daily after I got the boons. When I think about dailies I get sick to my stomach and feel like puking, so I'm really worried about next mod.

You and many others. Mod 5 only seems to have negative buzz. It's the least eagerly-awaited update in Neverwinter's short history.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be fair I'm liking the DC/TR overhaul. Kinda... ambivalent about the rest though.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My opinion is simple. I am not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If I get more frustration than enjoyment out of the game, it is time to move on.

When I started the game was fun, with incredible potential, for example in the Foundry. Unfortunately, since then it feels like the developers are only interested in improving the game for PvP players, the grind is getting excessive, and the game is slowly losing its appeal.

And yes, the book grinding is just one of the examples of what is wrong, and why I do not enjoy the game like I used to do.

When I started, I played several characters - but now, I hardly have time to do the dailies even for one of them.....grind...grind...grind....sorry, that is why I left WoW and a few other games. Now, this is not a "farewell" post - I have not left yet - I may leave when Mod5 is released, as I am absolutely not happy with what they did to the DC class, but I do have a few personal goals I want to reach (like getting one char of each class to level 60), so I'll hang around a bit longer. I have, however, stopped spending any real $$$ on the game.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    To be fair I'm liking the DC/TR overhaul. Kinda... ambivalent about the rest though.

Yeah, I'd agree with you, if dusting off my previously pointless Caturday Survivor DC wouldn't involve hauling through Timers On Dragons, and then trying to obtain and level artifact gear in the Brave New World of mod 5.
  • Options
    luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have not done a ToD daily in quite a while. Just the two weeklys. And i have not even unlocked LoL yet. The amount of dailys you have to do in this module is just too much to stand for me.
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets just say that you spend more time NOT playing the game when doing these dailies than you spend playing the game. Great game design!
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its a pain, especially with 5 alts, but still doable. The gg npc kills tho, are a mentally torture.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No need. The stats do not impress me anyway . . . if you are talking about "infernal boots."

For draconic, I bought them for cheap on the AH.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2014
    I stopped doing daily quest it takes away all the fun +Tod daily quest are the worst ever , i stopped doing them when i spent 2 hours doing tod daily on 2 characters and thats because the huge ammount of time waiting for dragon to spawn and bad luck fiinding them.... so i said ok enough is enough il just do dungeons and log off when i get boored
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jondbx wrote: »
    Lets just say that you spend more time NOT playing the game when doing these dailies than you spend playing the game. Great game design!

Alt+tab OP, nerf plz.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is not option but I got 2 book dropped in eLOL. So sold one and got unlocked both on 1 char. Yet this is for some reason was my lucky day. I farm elol for AD and possible belt drop like once a week then just salvage junk daily for 25k cap.
    Yet I have no plans on farming to buy a book from vendor on any other of my alt. I may try with new Mod 5 to get them as drop since I do like elol design as dungeon. But grind for 25 days for just one book it over my desire to play this game
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The whole campaign is too much hassle to do. You can't even pick what you need and leave the rest (like you could do in DR and, partially, in IwD), you have to do pretty much all the tasks in order. And it's not a lair you can do anytime. It's 4 quests a pop in 2 different areas, with a dragon timer (two of them, actually) between them. And that's just to unlock things you need even more quests and dragons to get!

I just gave up after a while.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Farmed both books for my main. Will casually go on with my other alts.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80