PVP situation on Russian server.

thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Discussion
Just wanted to share this pic

NEW UPDATED UPTODATE PIC
CzE5MnaPR.jpg

old pic - mod 4 start i belive
orSVRGUw.png

As we all know PvP is way more important on Russian server. This might be a good point for all Class Unbalance talk we have here. L2P is the best advice still.

Thanks for @evildru
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?786791-PvP-Turnament for giving head up.
and to @mehguy138 for sharing updated pic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cw overnerfed... its clear
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That looks like an image from the start of Mod 4 when CWs had Assailant hitting for 8K and SS double proccing often. Before any HR woke up and understood how to play Combat. Very few games played.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    based on the number of games played is an early season pic
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That looks like an image from the start of Mod 4 when CWs had Assailant hitting for 8K and SS double proccing often. Before any HR woke up and understood how to play Combat. Very few games played.

yeah. after looking closely and digging into Russian forum I can agree with you -looks like mod 4 start. August 18th accurate picture.

I hope this wont be the picture for mod 5. People are actually saying that top pvp classes are

1.2 . combat HR/ CW
    3. GWF in tank build

I just quoting top pvp players from there)
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    yeah. after looking closely and digging into Russian forum I can agree with you -looks like mod 4 start. August 18th accurate picture.

I hope this wont be the picture for mod 5. People are actually saying that top pvp classes are

1.2 . combat HR/ CW
    3. GWF in tank build

I just quoting top pvp players from there)

The TR and Combat HR will probably rule supreme in Mod 5 at least for a while. I am curious to see the buffed DCs though :) That class never saw anything outside support role for PvP. The new CW changes might make them OP because of Chilling Pres. buff or might be mostly just fluff, remains to be seen.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder how many more modules/months/threads need to pop up before they add more pvp maps.

The funniest part about all of this, they claim its alot of work, but we all know thats not true.

PVPers dont care about lore, or how the map fits in... we dont care about the details... You can go into Foundry(which is a "dumbed down" tool from what the DEVs have) and create a map within a few hours let alone if 1 DEV was able to give a couple days for 1-2 more maps. It really wouldnt take much.

"has to go through QC?" Bull. Throw it up on PTR for a month before it goes live. Well find ALL the glitches, issues with the map. Itll take no time to fix....

"requires time to make it a balanced map?" BULL. Create a map, then mirror it so its the same on both sides.

We DONT need it to be ultra creative. DONT need lore to go with it. DOESNT need to be an insane creative, genius map, just take a chipset (Dread Ring, Sharandar, etc) heck you can EVEN RECYCLE EXISTING MAPS.

Take PART of the DreadRing map, turn it into a pvp map.

take PART of Sharandar, turn it into PVP map. Dont re-invent the wheel.
    edited November 2014
    Can we please get a current picture of their Level 60 Leaderboard?
    edited November 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I wonder how many more modules/months/threads need to pop up before they add more pvp maps.

The funniest part about all of this, they claim its alot of work, but we all know thats not true.

take PART of Sharandar, turn it into PVP map. Dont re-invent the wheel.

So true. And devs themself stated that

1 pvp is only hard endgame content. And it will be so.
    2 All rest will be casual.
    3 They are looking for PVP advocates for classes. Not just advocates as here

Yet we see that since pvp is more important on russian server ( I read brings more money and people) - they have championships. We have excuses.

But i do belive this is off-topic for this thread a bit.
    edited November 2014
    Can we please get a current picture of their Level 60 Leaderboard?

I asked the guy who posted pick before. Will try to dig into forum more.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is a link to the page if interested BTW:
    http://nw-forum.ru.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=
    edited November 2014
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here you go. Covered character names and guilds just in case.

ff8a118d6c03bfa110845a236201d6d6.jpg
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

ff8a118d6c03bfa110845a236201d6d6.jpg

TY very much. Updated origal post with it. Don't think guilds matter to Mods. I do belive guild are same, are not they?
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »

Looks like after the "Attack of the Control Wizard", "The Hunter Ranger Strikes Back" happened.
    edited November 2014
    Looks like after the "Attack of the Control Wizard", "The Hunter Ranger Strikes Back" happened.
    Lol. Right point humour.
    Well I guess picture was same as mod 4 start. CW here also raised thier heads up on broken mechanics and feets. Then cry and nerf wave came. Only decent remained. While or Russian we can see that 1st places is shared by CWs and HRs.
    Hope this will give some thought to people who always complain about balance. Ty to mods for clearing the topic. Not the place.

PS. now I kinda want to picture all mod 5 leaderboard ) Especially if they reset it again.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So many Green and Purple. One blue and one red... No yellow...
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Cool, let's ignore the current PVP leaderboard and just focus on some foreign server.

What a smart idea!
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Cool, let's ignore the current PVP leaderboard and just focus on some foreign server.

What a smart idea!

nerf HR?!!
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    nerf PVP!!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    russian CW more skilled?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^^^
    By far.

In our server CWs cannot play their OP class and cry all the time asking for buffs
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    russian CW more skilled?

you can say russian pvp players more skilled :p
    cause they have regular premades and tournaments

here in our sever its just maxed out peeps pugstomping or doing troll-comps
    edited November 2014
    russian CW more skilled?
    You don't need much skill to Point&Click and shoot stuff. You either kill stuff if your team is good and the stuff you killed comes to QQ on forums, or die like **** if your team is worse and you come to complain in the forums instead.

No middleground for CW, and not a lot of skill to show off, unlike the good old SHARD days.

Bring SHARD back, so we can finally remove the wannabe "PvP CWs" from our community.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You don't need much skill to Point&Click and shoot stuff. You either kill stuff if your team is good and the stuff you killed comes to QQ on forums, or die like **** if your team is worse and you come to complain in the forums instead.

No middleground for CW, and not a lot of skill to show off, unlike the good old SHARD days.

Bring SHARD back, so we can finally remove the wannabe "PvP CWs" from our community.

but...but...but... don't you want to grow your PVP community?

guess not
    edited November 2014
    I agree with you on this really. Was way more fun to loose to skilled CW back in the days then to kill this whiners now. On same HR. Just different mods and GS.
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Probably not. The tip top is still HR-dominated, meaning that they haven't discovered some magical way by which CWs can compete with HRs that somehow eludes mere Western gamers. Also note that the number of pages on the Russian server indicates an overall lower PvP population (even though a larger proportion of Russian players may be PvPers). This means it's statistically likely that the best players on the international server are are better than the best Russian ones.

Not really. Same classes. 11 CW and 8 HRs on first page.
    No Magic lol. Just mages. Different level of skills.

Other thing is that general server population there is lower. And people come just for pvp. PE is boring and nobody spends time for it. If you can just read the forum there.

Plus leader board in general is still weird calculation. You can go down if you win(!) on team that has lower ranking that your team. That is basically why only premades are on top of both servers. You will get better rating in leader board if you win somebody who is higher than your team - leads to best of best kinda.

About what servers is better. I may disagree with you. They do show way more team-play then even general premades here. Just open random video of premades here for EOG or Synergy and there - Bad company as example. Also assume that videos are not always on.

Edit: some history thoughts

Here mages population is huge. we all know that CW are used to dominate in pve heavily and mod 1 and mod 2/3 grinding of T2 and CN produced huge amount AD. By general dungeon design favored stacking CW. Mod 3/4 on other side did not introduced any really good challenging PVE content and even devs stated that only hardcore content in game is pvp. So all this CWs started to cry for pvp equality - witch is not bad. But while all other classes developed pvp guides and skills only small population of CW was in pvp in mod 1/3.

Mod 4 brought Epics where stacking CW does not benefit more then stacking GWF or HRs. CWs rushed into mod 4 this broken skills to occupy what they think is their place- eg same as pve -kings. So one more nerf wave begun.

Russian server on other side was introduced in mod 3 time. So they generally had less need for CW stacks. Also this goes good on general MMO games there- only pvp and only hardcore is respect. While here casual players want easy 1 hour stuff and be OP.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    russian CW more skilled?

Nah. Dragon Server HR just more skilled
    edited November 2014
    Nah. Dragon Server HR just more skilled

I d say this - russian servers shows more real balance in pvp then this - on forum threads and so on. Also there is way more guild vs guild fights and premades on premades. Plus some people show "grace" as -
    if too low pug - give like 50% of point first and so on. Not that this is rear here - one GWF with 5k+ GS than one on my alt just helped me go executions task in campain on him. Died 5 times. For nothing. His team could win anyway and get more kills if they wanted. Plus on that server back in the day there was way more "ugly" people too and probably is now still.

Just reading the forum on mod 4 pvp situation I saw a lot of ranking like CWs are good, combat HRs are good, GWF (suprise for me) are good.. This are most classes people are cautions about. I also had seen way less stuff like
    macjae wrote: »
    because being one shotted by undodgable ice rays is fair enough?

Yes. Especially if the target is an HR.

This is just to show real people reasons on balance. lol. Pure hate and domination. )))