test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

modules

simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can you pls stop making modules so fast? 3 modules in 1 year wtf. Better 1 new module with quality stuff than this 3 with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff. :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Arrrrgggghhh!! Too much free content too soonz.... Must RRAAAAGGEEE!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Arrrrgggghhh!! Too much free content too soonz.... Must RRAAAAGGEEE!

Oh! Thank you so much for those sweet dailies, HEs, and artifact equipment! Now this is the time to actually enjoy the game!
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Module release times are sometimes out of the hands of Cryptic. In the case of modules 4 and 5, the release schedule was dictated by WotC.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Oh! Thank you so much for those sweet dailies, HEs, and artifact equipment! Now this is the time to actually enjoy the game!

I know. The part where they hold you down and force you to play it right on day one, and at breakneck speed, really makes it annoying.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Module release times are sometimes out of the hands of Cryptic. In the case of modules 4 and 5, the release schedule was dictated by WotC.

And that makes it okay then..?

I wonder if the Nov 18 release date was announced in an attempt to prevent a shipload of players from migrating back to WoW with WoD being released just a few days before that. 3 modules in roughly 6 months is a bit of a joke though especially considering the content lacked any real quality.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys, did you forget when previous modules took their place? M1 was released in August, so was M4. M5 is getting released in November, so was M2. They stick to the schedule (or some kind of it I believe). The only difference is that every module brought us something new and unique, while the newest one is going to offer all the same things with absolutely nothing special. I think this is the reason why people are so upset.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope Mod 4 was released on 14 Sept. Okay so 2 mods were released on the same-ish date, still means that there were THREE mods in between which imo is way too much. I vote for quality over quantity every single time.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My only objection is calling this one a "Module" and giving it a number on its own, rather than a content update for the previous module. Both the Mod4 and Mod5 seem too shallow as a "Module". Mod4 at least had a new class, this one has pretty much nothing on its own, it just adds some perks on old content (old campaign -ToD-, old theme -Dragons-, old class -Paragon Path for SW-, old concept -HEs-).
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh.. the only issue is the amount of sigals/scrolls they locked stuff in. Anyone who plays more then 1 (or max2) toons have been stating this over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Its all been ignored, which is the same reason cryptic has seen me ignoring my wallet back to them.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    And that makes it okay then..?

Not necessarily, but it means it's WotC's fault rather than Cryptic/PWE's, so the complaints would probably be better given to them.

Also, for Module release dates since people seem to be somewhat confused about them, Module 1 was released in August 22nd of last year, Module 2 was released on December 5th of last year, Module 3 was released on May 13th of this year, and Module 4 was released on August 14th on this year.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope Mod 4 was released on 14 Sept. Okay so 2 mods were released on the same-ish date, still means that there were THREE mods in between which imo is way too much. I vote for quality over quantity every single time.

Mod 4 was Aug 14...Start of GenCon

And really Mod5 is just Mod 4 Part Deux....So I really don't have a big deal with it as far as modules.

Hopefully they come up with something different and fun to do with Module 6...maybe some reason to get back to the Epic Dungeons again. No one likes doing things over and over but if there is enough variety it isn't too bad. I remember doing dailies again and again for Rep in WoW to get gear...or hoping for it to drop and I would win it in a dungeon.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just wish we'd get an update that was strictly bug fixes, quality of life features and improvements to existing content.
  • Options
    simonec1simonec1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whats WotC?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    simonec1 wrote: »
    Whats WotC?

Wizards of the Coast, the current holders of the D&D IP rights.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

PWE might also be pressuring Cryptic to release new modules every few months because it is a perfect time to bring back players who have taken a break. They then release new lockboxes to capitalize.

You will lose the battle if you are trying to make them change their schedule. What the community can do is keep giving feedback on what we want (challenging content, rewarding PVE, PVP maps and modes, housing) and don't want (dailies, heroic encounters, powercreep w/o the equally rewarding PVE content to balance it).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There are several games currently out that would love to have a problem of too much content released too soon.

For every person unhappy with it. I'm sure there are just as many happy to see new stuff. I know I've been waiting for the changes to Cleric and Rogue to happen for months. So from my point of view, this module can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My only objection is calling this one a "Module" and giving it a number on its own

I agree with this , they shouldn't have called it module five , maybe they should have called it module 4.5 xD ,it is really just the conclusion of Tyranny of Dragons.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I initially said you have to evaluate M4 and M5 as one package because of the external release dictate.

In addition to the feedback I regularly give in the preview section, I'm quite happy they just continue the current campaign. M4 was so ALT unfriendly and with a more traditional campaign design (NO MORE WAITING AROUND FOR EFFIN DRAGON-HEs!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) and campaign boosters from lockboxes catching up will be possible.
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    There are several games currently out that would love to have a problem of too much content released too soon.

For every person unhappy with it. I'm sure there are just as many happy to see new stuff. I know I've been waiting for the changes to Cleric and Rogue to happen for months. So from my point of view, this module can't come soon enough.

Dude, not everyone is playing this game because of the d&d tag. As someone stated in another post, this is firstly an MMO game. And to be the best or try to be the best you need to get fully geared at some point.

With the new modules lashing out they are pretty much making it impossible to be fully geared. Not because the content is challenging or hard but because it costs too much money. That is it. If a module came out that was not a big AD sink, i would be thrilled. But unfortunately it has just gotten worse and worse since module 2.
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think I'm probably going to be able to get my alts through all of their "assist the group" repeatable tasks from Mod 4, or near to it, and up to the third boon, and then see how playing catch-up goes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Dude, not everyone is playing this game because of the d&d tag. As someone stated in another post, this is firstly an MMO game. And to be the best or try to be the best you need to get fully geared at some point.

With the new modules lashing out they are pretty much making it impossible to be fully geared. Not because the content is challenging or hard but because it costs too much money. That is it. If a module came out that was not a big AD sink, i would be thrilled. But unfortunately it has just gotten worse and worse since module 2.

I've just started mod 4, I'm not even all that far into it. I've not even gone all that far into mod 3. I have zero intentions of starting mod 5 for several weeks. By your standards I should be upset. Clearly I'm behind the curve, with no hope to catch up. I should be one of those angry people dissatisfied because of this. I'm not. I couldn't care less, actually.

I'm in no rush. I'm not competing with anyone. I'm playing at my own pace and within my own budget. I'm not angry at the new content, the pace of its release, or how long it might take to refine thing. It simply doesn't bother me. I'm strong enough to play how I like. I'm not motivated to become more powerful, just for the sake of it. And none of that has anything to do with weather it's D&D or not.

Be angry if you like. I'm content with things. And I suspect I'm hardly alone dispite a vocal section in the forums. I just find it silly to be upset with too much free and OPTIONAL content.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wonder if the Nov 18 release date was announced in an attempt to prevent a shipload of players from migrating back to WoW with WoD being released just a few days before that.

I think that's a non-issue. Why? Because if you just put this game down for 1 day, you will be left behind. You need to logon every day to every toon you wish to progress (for invoke and at least 1 daily quest minimum). If you put down the game for months you're really out.

Of course you can always pad out missing months with your wallet lol. And this is where I think Cryptic is genius with its game design. I really love Cryptic's games.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I just find it silly to be upset with too much free and OPTIONAL content.

That's a little bit of a misnomer. Thousands and thousands of people spent money on founder packs and zen store items into this game. They spent money to be invested in the game and the direction now is that it requires people to pay up even more to get the top gear and they are unable to farm PVE within a reasonable amount of time to get that.

Further more, Cryptic/PWE are using their money to code stuff that a lot of people have expressed discontent over. A lot on the forums' feedback has been negative towards this direction. A lot of people do continue to play it complaint-free, but a lot of people also have unceremoniously just left the game for good.